Republican job killers....

Posted in the Minneapolis Forum

Bushwhacker

Seattle, WA

#1 Mar 1, 2013
In early February, the US Postal Service announced plans to halt Saturday mail delivery. The plan still needs congressional approval before it can be implemented, but it is significant that the Postmaster General chose to make the announcement before that approval was secured. The USPS has floated this balloon before, but has always been shot down by Congress.

I suspect that every one of you knows the feeling of being stuck between a rock and a hard place. That damned if you do and damned if you donít scenario is familiar to most business owners. So I hope you feel some sympathy for the USPS as it strives to find its way out of a morass not of its own making.

The USPS has the unhappy distinction of being the only government agency that is expected to operate as a private corporation, but without the freedom to set its own course. While it receives no revenue from tax dollars, it is still under the control of Congress.

This was not always the case. In fact, the USPS was a typical tax-supported agency of the federal government until 1970. That year, Congress adopted the Postal Reorganization Act of 1970, which dictated that the USPS would no longer receive tax revenue, but would have to become self-supporting. Further, it was required to be ďrevenue neutralĒ, meaning that it was not supposed to make a profit, but only break even.

There have been many bumps along the road, but the biggest came in 2006 when Congress mandated that the USPS had to set aside retirement pension funds for future employees for the next 75 years. It had 10 years to complyóat a cost of about $5.5 billion per year. No other agency, and certainly no private corporation, has ever been required by law to do this. It didnít help that the country was on the verge of a massive recession.
CLICK HERE FOR MORE INFORMATION

Many people argue that Congress set up the USPS to fail when it passed that law in 2006. In fact, there arenít many people who will argue against it because itís pretty clear that was the intent. It was no secret that the governing body at the time wanted very much to see the USPS privatized. Many still hold that view today.

However, by trying to regulate the agency into a corner, our leaders hobbled its ability to remain competitive as information delivery systems underwent rapid and drastic changes. As any business owner knows, once you fall behind, itís nearly impossible to catch up, much less regain a lead in the marketplace. Also, you canít cut your way to prosperity. Whatever the USPS does next, I fear it may be too little, too late. I hope Iím wrong.
redeemer

Minneapolis, MN

#2 Mar 1, 2013
just more liberal hatred of American, conservative beliefs.

This is what America needs to read.

http://www.studentnewsdaily.com/conservative-...

In early February, the US Postal Service announced plans to halt Saturday mail delivery. The plan still needs congressional approval before it can be implemented, but it is significant that the Postmaster General chose to make the announcement before that approval was secured. The USPS has floated this balloon before, but has always been shot down by Congress.
I suspect that every one of you knows the feeling of being stuck between a rock and a hard place. That damned if you do and damned if you donít scenario is familiar to most business owners. So I hope you feel some sympathy for the USPS as it strives to find its way out of a morass not of its own making.
The USPS has the unhappy distinction of being the only government agency that is expected to operate as a private corporation, but without the freedom to set its own course. While it receives no revenue from tax dollars, it is still under the control of Congress.
This was not always the case. In fact, the USPS was a typical tax-supported agency of the federal government until 1970. That year, Congress adopted the Postal Reorganization Act of 1970, which dictated that the USPS would no longer receive tax revenue, but would have to become self-supporting. Further, it was required to be ďrevenue neutralĒ, meaning that it was not supposed to make a profit, but only break even.
There have been many bumps along the road, but the biggest came in 2006 when Congress mandated that the USPS had to set aside retirement pension funds for future employees for the next 75 years. It had 10 years to complyóat a cost of about $5.5 billion per year. No other agency, and certainly no private corporation, has ever been required by law to do this. It didnít help that the country was on the verge of a massive recession.
Many people argue that Congress set up the USPS to fail when it passed that law in 2006. In fact, there arenít many people who will argue against it because itís pretty clear that was the intent. It was no secret that the governing body at the time wanted very much to see the USPS privatized. Many still hold that view today.
However, by trying to regulate the agency into a corner, our leaders hobbled its ability to remain competitive as information delivery systems underwent rapid and drastic changes. As any business owner knows, once you fall behind, itís nearly impossible to catch up, much less regain a lead in the marketplace. Also, you canít cut your way to prosperity. Whatever the USPS does next, I fear it may be too little, too late. I hope Iím wrong.
Bushwhacker

Seattle, WA

#3 Mar 1, 2013
Bushwhacked

Seattle, WA

#6 Mar 2, 2013
Bushwhacked

Seattle, WA

#9 Mar 2, 2013
scooby slew

Saint Paul, MN

#10 Mar 2, 2013
Bushwhacked wrote:
To be the amused slewche, or not to be the amused slewche, that is the question:
Whether 'tis Nobler in the mind to suffer
The Slings and Arrows of the outrageous bushwhacked,
Or to take Arms against a Sea of smart liberals,
And by opposing end them: to die, to sleep
No more; and by a sleep, to say we end
The Heart-ache, and the thousand Natural shocks
That Flesh is heir to?'Tis a consummation
Devoutly to be wished. To die to sleep,
To sleep, perchance to Dream; Aye, there's the rub,
For in that sleep of death, what dreams may come,
When we have shuffled off this mortal coil, will any remember you were once the spell check princess of topix?
Bushwhacked

Seattle, WA

#11 Mar 2, 2013
Will you "remember", how to use contractions ?? LMAOROTFU~!

Pretty funny, your "claim to fame" is stupidity, compared to me....

Poor nothing....
scooby slew

Saint Paul, MN

#12 Mar 2, 2013
Bushwhacked wrote:
Will you "remember", how to use contractions ?? LMAOROTFU~!
Pretty funny, your "claim to fame" is stupidity, compared to me....
Poor nothing....
The line of credit wasn't with the utility company, it was with a bank and guaranteed by the utility company. For the utility company to have to pay, the DNC had to default on the line of credit.

To be the amused slewchebag, or not to be the amused slewchebag, that is the question:
Whether 'tis Nobler in the mind to suffer
The Slings and Arrows of the outrageous bushwhacked,
Or to take Arms against a Sea of smart liberals,
And by opposing end them: to die, to sleep
No more; and by a sleep, to say we end
The Heart-ache, and the thousand Natural shocks
That Flesh is heir to?'Tis a consummation
Devoutly to be wished. To die to sleep,
To sleep, perchance to Dream; Aye, there's the rub,
For in that sleep of death, what dreams may come,
When we have shuffled off this mortal coil, will any remember you were once the spell check princess of topix?
liBeRALs

Saint Paul, MN

#17 Mar 3, 2013
Republican job killers???

O B A M A was the one to come up with the idea of a sequester.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Minneapolis Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
2 cops dead THANKS LIBERALS! 30 min Sunshine 8
Mall of America Protest 1 hr Bob 22
Global warming 'undeniable,' scientists say (Jul '10) 2 hr Fair Game 33,480
Veteran Freed From MSP VA Dental Dept Phone Abu... 7 hr American_Sons 15
St. Anthony, Minnesota to Pay $200,000 to Settl... Sun Sunshine 2
Walker Wins Unions Lose (May '12) Dec 19 LIbEralS 29
Review: State Wide Protective Agency (Jul '11) Dec 19 Martin Scott treptow 84
Minneapolis Dating
Find my Match
More from around the web