Hans

Minneapolis, MN

#42 Dec 6, 2012
Bob Schmahl wrote:
<quoted text>
How about using the US governments definition of a poor person?
Poor is based on income. A poor person's personal assets, like a TV, computer, car, etc, are usually excluded from consideration for Federal and state programs.
Looks like a definition a Democrat would create. Who cares if they are poor because they buy things they can't afford. Who cares that most "poor" people in America is fat. Who cares if Bob works 2 jobs to be able to afford the same lifestyle. You will give them your hard earned cash damn it! They are victims!
Cloud 9

United States

#43 Dec 6, 2012
Hans wrote:
<quoted text>Looks like a definition a Democrat would create. Who cares if they are poor because they buy things they can't afford. Who cares that most "poor" people in America is fat. Who cares if Bob works 2 jobs to be able to afford the same lifestyle. You will give them your hard earned cash damn it! They are victims!
Then there is the tax factor.

1) Consider an economy where everyone is working and paying some taxes, even minimal.

2) Then consider and economy where everyone is working OR NOT taking anything from the Government in the form of non-earned entitlements. Those would be programs that participants payed NOTHING INTO, SS is a retirement subsity where workers PAYED INTO and should expect to get something out of.

3) Then the current economy. Millions of people in the USA are taking money from the Government who are quite capable of working. They have found it's easy and even encouraged by Government to take more and more. It used to be food stamps only, now it's EBT (cash), food stamps, Obamaphones, houseing cash, educational grants, childcare subsidy, emergency grants, transportation subsidy. Then you have Millions misreppresenting disabilities and getting SS benefits when they are 100% capable of working.

Option 1 and 2 are long term sustainable, 3 not so much!!!
Jack

Saint Paul, MN

#44 Dec 6, 2012
Still talking Obamaphones eh?

The real world has moved on...
Bob Schmahl

Minneapolis, MN

#45 Dec 6, 2012
Hans wrote:
<quoted text>Looks like a definition a Democrat would create. Who cares if they are poor because they buy things they can't afford. Who cares that most "poor" people in America is fat. Who cares if Bob works 2 jobs to be able to afford the same lifestyle. You will give them your hard earned cash damn it! They are victims!
So according to you, a cancer patient that has worked all his life and paid taxes but now is without insurance should have to sell his home, his car, his TV, all his belongings, before he gets a nickels worth of government assistance?

A wife with 4 kids at home whose husband is killed in Afghanistan should have to sell her home, and all her belongings including her kid's toys before she gets once cent of help from the government?

How about the handicapped? Them too, right? Not a penneys worth of help unless they are living under a bridge with only the clothes on their back?

Most people that are poor didn't start out poor nor plan on being poor.
starter

Saint Paul, MN

#46 Dec 6, 2012
It's pretty funny reading the "conservatives" take on this. Minnesota has been living on TPaw and most recently Republican budgets for many fiscal cycles. They chose to "balance" the budget by not paying their bills. Now they act surprised that we're in arrears. Minnesota Republicans are some of the dumbest Republicans in the country and that's saying a lot.
Wade Gustafson

Saint Paul, MN

#47 Dec 6, 2012
starter wrote:
It's pretty funny reading the "conservatives" take on this. Minnesota has been living on TPaw and most recently Republican budgets for many fiscal cycles. They chose to "balance" the budget by not paying their bills. Now they act surprised that we're in arrears. Minnesota Republicans are some of the dumbest Republicans in the country and that's saying a lot.
Wait a minute, the last budget was signed by Dayton.
Bob Schmahl

Minneapolis, MN

#48 Dec 6, 2012
Bob Schmahl wrote:
<quoted text>
So according to you, a cancer patient that has worked all his life and paid taxes but now is without insurance should have to sell his home, his car, his TV, all his belongings, before he gets a nickels worth of government assistance?
A wife with 4 kids at home whose husband is killed in Afghanistan should have to sell her home, and all her belongings including her kid's toys before she gets once cent of help from the government?
How about the handicapped? Them too, right? Not a penneys worth of help unless they are living under a bridge with only the clothes on their back?
Most people that are poor didn't start out poor nor plan on being poor.
So by your definition, we are to pay for everything for every lazy assed fool who decided to do drugs rather than go to school? This is far more common than your trumped up scenario.

Most people that are rich didn't start out that way. They studied, they didn't pop out babies when they were teens, they didn't abuse drugs or booze, they worked hard for lots of years, and saved so they could provide for their families rather than stealing money through government redistribution programs.
Bob Schmahl

Minneapolis, MN

#49 Dec 6, 2012
starter wrote:
When was the last time there was a real cut in the MN budget? NEVER!
Bob Schmahl

Minneapolis, MN

#51 Dec 6, 2012
Amused Slew wrote:
Define real cut or admit you're just a whiny BYTCH ~!
Take some of your recent "profits" and buy yourself a dictionary you jackass.
Dads Biological Sister

Grantsburg, WI

#52 Dec 6, 2012
Amused Slew wrote:
Define real cut or admit you're just a whiny BYTCH ~!
Idiot,

Why is so difficult for you to embrace your idiocy?

Even your cut/pastes are never relevant to any issue that you post them on.

As a Psychotic EVERYTHING you post is a "Defensive Reaction",(Google the expression!) and you use every one of the 12 or so Defenses defined by Professionals to identify Mentally Ill like you that know nothing but "Defensive Reactions".

Nothing you post has EVER had any value, and we are subjected to you working out your Uncle Daddy issues in public on this Forum, to the detriment of we the normal functioning Human Beings.

Isn't there a more appropriate Forum on the Internet for Sociopaths like you to do the "Uh Huh, Yup, Yup, Yup, Uh Huh" babble with others just like you? We know that you in the 10% Defective exist, and always will.

There must be a Home for Psychotics like you on the Internet someplace.

Would you like me to find a "Home" for you on the Internet where you can babble with your Co Defectives?

Signed, Mommy
Amused Slew

Seattle, WA

#55 Dec 6, 2012
Bob Schmahl wrote:
<quoted text>
Take some of your recent "profits" and buy yourself a dictionary you jackass.
It's my money, take your hand outta my pocket rethuglican't thief ! LMAOROTFU~!
Bob Schmahl

Minneapolis, MN

#56 Dec 6, 2012
Amused Slew wrote:
<quoted text>It's my money, take your hand outta my pocket rethuglican't thief ! LMAOROTFU~!
Wrong. It's Obama's money. Obama says it is only fair that you pay more. Oops! You are one of those losers that get more back than you ever gave in.
Amused Slew

Seattle, WA

#58 Dec 6, 2012
Bob Schmahl wrote:
<quoted text>
Wrong. It's Obama's money. Obama says it is only fair that you pay more. Oops! You are one of those losers that get more back than you ever gave in.
Why not lie about strangers, boob...;You have no brains or character now...
Seattle PD

Grantsburg, WI

#59 Dec 6, 2012
Amused Slew wrote:
<quoted text>Why not lie about strangers, boob...;You have no brains or character now...
......Public Service Warning.....

One of Seattle's Most Notorious Idiots afflicted with a Pathological Desire for "Little BOI's" has escaped from the Seattle West Insane Aslylum.

Lock your Back Doors, Lock up your Sons, and Lock up your Sheep and Dogs!

This is not a test, the threat is real.

This freak is known to frequent the Local Gay Bars, and the City Parks.....Arm yourselves and be on High Alert!
Amused Slew

Seattle, WA

#60 Dec 7, 2012
Bottle of wine, Fruit of the vine
When you gonna let me get sober
Let me alone, let me go home
Let me go back and start over

Ramblin' around this dirty old town
Singin' for nickels and dimes
Times getting tough; I ain't got enough
To buy a little bottle of wine
CHORUS
Little hotel, older than Hell
Dark as the coal in the mine
Blankets are thin; I lay there and grin
'Cause I got a little bottle of wine
CHORUS
Pain in my head and bugs in my bed

Pants are so old that they shine
Out on the street, tell the people I meet
Won'cha buy me a bottle of wine
Seattle PD

Grantsburg, WI

#61 Dec 7, 2012
Amused Slew wrote:
<quoted text>Why not lie about strangers, boob...;You have no brains or character now...
It seems to really disturb you that you have no excuse for your Bitter Victim, Sociopathic Defective Personality.

WE know that the despicable abusive nature you reveal all day every day, is a "Sexual Thing" for you, and that it is based on the fact that you are a Genetic Defective from an Unholy Coupling of a Brother and Sister.

When the Economic Collapse comes, you need to be placed into the gutter and allowed to perish. One of the Greatest Outcomes of the destruction that the Collectivists are bringing, is that Humanity will weed out trash like you, and repair the damage to humanity that sustaining you and yours has wrought.

WE are grateful that as a Hermaphrodite, you cannot contaminate the Gene Pool with your Defects.

Thank goodness for this minor blessing.
Bridgework

Lincoln, NE

#64 Dec 7, 2012
Wade Gustafson wrote:
<quoted text>
Wait a minute, the last budget was signed by Dayton.
Don't you know that when there is a Republican governor and a DFL legislature, that the budget is a Republican budget? When there is a DLF governor and a Republican legislature it is also a Republican budget. When both the governor and legislature are DFL controlled then it is a budget that is the fault of actions by previous Republicans.
non-starter

Saint Paul, MN

#65 Dec 7, 2012
Bridgework wrote:
<quoted text>
Don't you know that when there is a Republican governor and a DFL legislature, that the budget is a Republican budget? When there is a DLF governor and a Republican legislature it is also a Republican budget. When both the governor and legislature are DFL controlled then it is a budget that is the fault of actions by previous Republicans.
You left out that its intentions of the democrats, not the actual outcomes that truly matter. As Roge Moe said a decade ago, "Tax rebate? We can't give out a tax rebate, we still have too many unmet needs."
Consistent

Grantsburg, WI

#66 Dec 7, 2012
Bridgework wrote:
<quoted text>
Your post is spot on.

The Propaganda Arms of the Media are victims of Indoctrination in the Government Schools too.

The dis-service done to America by these Willing Dupes is almost criminal, and perhaps it is time to licence these Propagandists and make them wear their Politics on their Sleeve, and stop allowing them to call themselves "Reporters" or "Journalists".

A Free Press is so critical for Responsible Citizens to be Free, that it is mentioned in the Bill of Rights. Sadly, "Free" to the Propagandists means Free to lie, distort, ignore, avoid, and act as a Booster for their "Side".....Not just the facts ma'am, but the facts as they can be distorted to fit the Propagandists Agenda!

The Collectivist Media does not even pretend to be impartial, they are Propagandists of a New Religion that needs to be separated from the Government after "The Barry Soetoro Depression" in order to stop their destruction of our country.
reality check

United States

#67 Dec 7, 2012
here is an idea - rase taxes on everyone ? That is fair.

And of course AFSCME is saying raise taxes. It is what they do. They pad payrolls with unnecessary employees so they can increase the dues paid each month, and then they can buy more politicians like good old Gov GoogleyEyes.
What will he do? Of course, he and his DFL buddies will increase taxes. They will never cut back any program, no matter how wasteful and bloated it is.
----------
Minnesota faces $1.1 billion budget shortfall; employees union calls for tax increase
By Bill Salisbury
December 5, 2012
10:34:55 AM CST
Minnesota state government faces a $1.1 billion budget shortfall during the next two years, Minnesota Management & Budget announced Wednesday, Dec. 5.
The projected deficit is the same figure that state financial officials forecast in February.
The agency said the state has enough money in the current budget to pay back $1.3 billion of the $2.4 billion that Gov. Mark Dayton and the Legislature borrowed from schools last year by delaying state aid payments. But there won't be sufficient funds in the two-year budget period that starts July 1 to continue buying down the school shift.
Finance officials will unveil the complete budget forecast at the Capitol at 11:45 a.m. today.
First to react to the budget numbers, the state's largest public employee union called for a $6 billion tax increase to erase the red ink and improve state services.
"We need $6 billion to dig ourselves our of the hole and pay for the things Minnesotans care about: brainpower schools, middle-class jobs, safe transportation and property tax relief," Eliot Seide, director of the 43,000-member AFSCME Council 5, said in a press release.
The state AFL-CIO also quickly advocated a tax increase.
"If we want to continue to have strong schools, a 21st century transportation infrastructure, create family-sustaining jobs and care for those unable to care for themselves, Minnesota will need a significant influx of new tax revenue," AFL-CIO President Shar Knutson said in a statement.
Deficits have been common in Minnesota for much of the last decade. After the U.S. economy plummeted in 2008, deficits here ballooned: former Gov. Tim Pawlenty and lawmakers faced a $5.27 billion deficit in December 2008, and two years later incoming Gov. Dayton and a new Republican majority came into office looking at a $6.2 billion deficit.
http://www.twincities.com/ci_22128932/minneso...

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Minneapolis Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Twin Cities 'My Brother's Keeper' focuses on yo... 2 hr FOVR 19
Minneapolis and Saint Paul Tie for First Place ... 15 hr NoseBone Clooney 1
St. Paul, one of country's best park systems, n... 17 hr Officer Crassus 3
News Lt. Gov. Tina Smith: Why Won't The Legislature ... 17 hr cowboy chris 26
american nationalist party 19 hr Tellitlikeitis 7
Michael Sam: LOL 19 hr true 11
Drop one word....add one word game (Apr '14) 23 hr _Zoey_ 246
More from around the web

Minneapolis People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE