St. Anthony shooting death an accident says suspect's lawyer

St. Anthony police are questioning a 16-year-old boy in the shooting death late Wednesday night of his best friend, 17-year-old Bryant Garroutte of Columbia Heights. Full Story
First Prev
of 2
Next Last
Jill

Wayzata, MN

#1 Mar 23, 2007
How can this be an accident when these boys both minors were supplies with alcohol and a gun? How can this be an accident when there were multiple other juviniles and worse even toddlers there? Someone or multiple people are guilty. There should be some reprocussion for this and the investigation should not just stop at the 16 year old. I feel that St. Anthony police will do the right thing by being relentless in finding out who supplied these boys and who the parents are of these toddlers? What about the landlord? Bryant was a member of my family. Dont stand behind and hide if you know ANYTHING about who aided in this murder. They are just as guilty if not more for this tragedy. When it is found who those responsible persons are, they should be arrested for this as well. Put yourself in Bryant's family's shoe's. NOT THE SHOOTER! Angery and Outraged family memeber
JPB

Saint Paul, MN

#2 Mar 24, 2007
I'd sure like to know why most of the crime in the Minneapolis & St Paul nowadays is in the NORTHERN SECTIONS of the cities?

That is, we have north St. Paul just recently. The north side of Minneapolis. Then the Mpls northern suburbs.

So now, it's north again, with St. Anthony.
jhood

Minneapolis, MN

#3 Mar 26, 2007
Well from what I heard they were all just goofing around having fun like all kids. Yea they should not of had a gun around but when you think about it all the kids nowadays are using drugs and guns
maybe they were just tring to be cool. I know that young man is hurting in the inside this is a ruff thing to go though and they were bestfriends.
So they were in the house acting like cops/robbers acting like they were shooting at eachother and no one checked to see if gun had any bulltes and one gun did and when he pulled the trigger the gun went off. This is the worst way of losing someone in your family and a friend. i don't think the boy is a killer but I do think he should be hit with some kind of time at lest 5year and 5 to 10 year probation. I prayers and thoughts go out to all who is hurting..Please release the anger and think that Brayn is in a better place looking over all keep a smile on your and stay thinking of him...
ummm

AOL

#4 Apr 8, 2007
JPB. pick up a paper once in a while. it's NOT just the northern part. look what just happened in waseca a month ago? is that the "NORTHERN" CITIES? hell no it's a rural country land. pick up the paper. it's EVERYWHERE. we're right up there with chicago and michigan
JPB

Saint Paul, MN

#5 Apr 8, 2007
ummm wrote:
JPB. pick up a paper once in a while. it's NOT just the northern part. look what just happened in waseca a month ago? is that the "NORTHERN" CITIES? hell no it's a rural country land. pick up the paper. it's EVERYWHERE. we're right up there with chicago and michigan
Hey dildoe. It is MOSTLY the northern sections of Minneapolis. And an area in St. Paul within a mile from the Capitol, to the west.

Of course there's horrible crime elsewhere in Minnestota.

If you would BOTHER to read a paper, listen to the radio, or watch TV; then YOU would be AWARE that it's MAINLY on the north side of Minneapolis. And west of the Capitol in St. Paul.

Go play in the streets.

But AVOID playing on or driving on 694 and thereabouts just NORTH (again! wowser) of Minneapolis. So don't go north. Got it???
ummm

AOL

#6 Apr 9, 2007
well yeah of course it is MORE down there in Minneapolis and St.Paul. I mean, after all. take into consideration the occupants down there. go figure. I'll stay up in the suburbs thanks so much. much nicer environment lol
JPB

Saint Paul, MN

#7 Apr 9, 2007
Have a nice suburban day. :)
j-hood

Minneapolis, MN

#8 Apr 9, 2007
At lest are kids in the citys don't shoot up the schools.
cody schwendeman

Minneapolis, MN

#9 Oct 15, 2008
i belive that nobody but troy donhic is responsible for this shooting and maybe his brother cory donich who gave him the guns and supplied the booze they were all kinda dumb if u ask me but i still have trouble sleeping from this horrible accident!

retalliates lil cousin
retalliate prodigy

Minneapolis, MN

#11 Oct 29, 2008
i dont see how people can forgive this man whenn the first thing he did was get droped off 2 hours away and that stupid lilltel girl messed with the crime scene before calling the police she called thecops through the phone at him and fled the scene that makes me angry and for troy donich ima let you know ill be waitin for you when you get out and ima let you know when it happens!!!!

retalliates lill cousin
jor

AOL

#12 Jan 13, 2009
I am friends with the shooter and Bryant and his family. I know what happened and they all should be prosecuted. The women of the houselhold bought them alcohol and let them shoot off their guns in house when babies were around. she should go to jail. Troy has already been in jail for a year and is traumatized by all of this. bryant was his best friend, they loved making music together. It was a tragic accident.
a close close friendddd

Minneapolis, MN

#13 May 29, 2009
i agree with "jor", if anybody knew Bryant and Troy they knew they were best friends! things happen. what if it had been the other way around and troy died and bryant was the shooter, would you all feel the same.. lock bryant up? or would you want him to grow and become soemthing. People need to take a step back and put there slf in the persons shoes before judgeing! this is getting rediculous.
brandon king

Minneapolis, MN

#14 Nov 29, 2009
jhood wrote:
Well from what I heard they were all just goofing around having fun like all kids. Yea they should not of had a gun around but when you think about it all the kids nowadays are using drugs and guns
maybe they were just tring to be cool. I know that young man is hurting in the inside this is a ruff thing to go though and they were bestfriends.
So they were in the house acting like cops/robbers acting like they were shooting at eachother and no one checked to see if gun had any bulltes and one gun did and when he pulled the trigger the gun went off. This is the worst way of losing someone in your family and a friend. i don't think the boy is a killer but I do think he should be hit with some kind of time at lest 5year and 5 to 10 year probation. I prayers and thoughts go out to all who is hurting..Please release the anger and think that Brayn is in a better place looking over all keep a smile on your and stay thinking of him...
i dont believe my cousin got shot by accident. they hate cops trust me they werent playing that, but troy (killer) was using a certain gun where u have to pull the chamber back to be able to shoot, so cock then shoot, right? yea so troy would of had to pulled his hand then shoot not just pull the trigger, honestly he should be put in jail for life, for 1st degree murder.
brandon king

Minneapolis, MN

#15 Nov 29, 2009
I just feel bad for beth (Bryant's sister) i mean look, she wasn't even able to share her 18th birthday with him (they where twins) it was so hard for her.
MS D

Saint Paul, MN

#16 Jul 19, 2011
Everyone has an opinion and that is it! If you weren't there you don't know what happened. This is sad as hell that people actually have the stupidity to argue when a life has been taken. Take a moment and imagine if it was you and these were the only comments posted regarding your death. Has anyone even remembered the point to this? You are not Troy and have no idea what happened that night! Until you can look from Troy's eyes and I'm sure he can see it every day of his life what happened, do not judge. It could happen to you or me or anyone of us!
Really

Minneapolis, MN

#17 Oct 6, 2011
My understaning is the boy who was killed brought the gun from his mothers house...so there ya go for responsibility look at his parents as well..........if he was part of your family you should know this.
Jill wrote:
How can this be an accident when these boys both minors were supplies with alcohol and a gun? How can this be an accident when there were multiple other juviniles and worse even toddlers there? Someone or multiple people are guilty. There should be some reprocussion for this and the investigation should not just stop at the 16 year old. I feel that St. Anthony police will do the right thing by being relentless in finding out who supplied these boys and who the parents are of these toddlers? What about the landlord? Bryant was a member of my family. Dont stand behind and hide if you know ANYTHING about who aided in this murder. They are just as guilty if not more for this tragedy. When it is found who those responsible persons are, they should be arrested for this as well. Put yourself in Bryant's family's shoe's. NOT THE SHOOTER! Angery and Outraged family memeber
Really

Minneapolis, MN

#18 Oct 6, 2011
he subby St Anthoney is a suburb,,,,,
ummm wrote:
well yeah of course it is MORE down there in Minneapolis and St.Paul. I mean, after all. take into consideration the occupants down there. go figure. I'll stay up in the suburbs thanks so much. much nicer environment lol
Really

Minneapolis, MN

#19 Oct 6, 2011
once again the gun came from the victims home not the donichts,,,get your facts straight.
cody schwendeman wrote:
i belive that nobody but troy donhic is responsible for this shooting and maybe his brother cory donich who gave him the guns and supplied the booze they were all kinda dumb if u ask me but i still have trouble sleeping from this horrible accident!
retalliates lil cousin
Really

Minneapolis, MN

#20 Oct 6, 2011
and she has a beautiful little boy with the last name Donicht!
brandon king wrote:
I just feel bad for beth (Bryant's sister) i mean look, she wasn't even able to share her 18th birthday with him (they where twins) it was so hard for her.
Wade Gustafson

Saint Paul, MN

#21 Oct 6, 2011
MS D wrote:
Everyone has an opinion and that is it! If you weren't there you don't know what happened. This is sad as hell that people actually have the stupidity to argue when a life has been taken. Take a moment and imagine if it was you and these were the only comments posted regarding your death. Has anyone even remembered the point to this? You are not Troy and have no idea what happened that night! Until you can look from Troy's eyes and I'm sure he can see it every day of his life what happened, do not judge. It could happen to you or me or anyone of us!
I do not renember this shooting. It is too bad for all involved. I do however have to disagree with your last statement. This could not happen to 'anyone'. It could only happen to someone present when someone that does not know how to safely handle a gun is fooling around with one.(I worry about the apparent young man Brandon King who posted above. From reading his post he knows just enough about guns to be a danger to himself and others should he ever pick up a gun).

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Minneapolis Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Dirty chat male to female 18 plus 44 min Space ace 4
2 cops dead THANKS LIBERALS! 47 min Space ace 1
Global warming 'undeniable,' scientists say (Jul '10) 1 hr Sunshine 33,476
St. Anthony, Minnesota to Pay $200,000 to Settl... 4 hr Sunshine 2
Mall of America Protest 4 hr cowboy chris 17
Veteran Freed From MSP VA Dental Dept Phone Abu... 7 hr American_Sons 14
Walker Wins Unions Lose (May '12) Fri LIbEralS 29
Minneapolis Dating
Find my Match
More from around the web