|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 18, 2013

Sangelia wrote:
<quoted text>
there are 3D printers to make metal parts too. currently though. they are more expensive than what the common Joe or Jo can afford at this point of time.
http://www.extremetech.com/extreme/143552-3d-... The real breakthrough that has enabled 3D printing for the masses has been the laser. Spray welding is a technique that has been used for decades to build up worn motor shafts, but it is far too crude for controlled additive printing. Spray welding uses a gravity-fed powdered metal dispenser integrated into a special oxygen-acetylene torch head which melts the powder as it is dispensed.
http://3dprintingindustry.com/2012/12/05/supe... Concept Laser, a manufacturer of industrial grade, metal 3D printers introduced its latest, large-scale laser melting system at this year’s Euromold event.
http://www.ponoko.com/make-and-sell/show-mate... 3D printing in stainless steel - A Prometal 3D printing machine uses an inkjet head to deposit an organic binder onto a stainless steel powder surface. Each layer of powder is adhered in succession until an object is formed. After the printing has finished the object is placed in an oven to cure the binder.
I admit I had the same attitude about 3D printing. but after seeing some friends and their machines. if you can imagine it and use a CAD program to make a digital model for the printer to follow. the stars are the limit at this point.
Thanks for your links and comments on 3D printing
DSM Local

Ankeny, IA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 18, 2013

Judged:

Questions: Should the Tea Party in January of 2014 buy a 3D printer and charge a cost fee to people to produce gun parts (whatever is currently available)?
DSM Loco

Minneapolis, MN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 18, 2013

DSM Local wrote:
Questions: Should the Tea Party in January of 2014 buy a 3D printer and charge a cost fee to people to produce gun parts (whatever is currently available)?
Question: are you are complete moron? You should be arrested for treason for suggesting this.

Since: Jul 10

Minneapolis, MN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 18, 2013

DSM Local wrote:
<quoted text>
Thanks for your links and comments on 3D printing
you are welcome.
husband is into 3D printing. he is planning on a second machine soon

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 21 - 25 of25
|
next page >
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

•••
•••
•••
•••

Minneapolis Jobs

•••
•••
•••

Minneapolis People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

•••

Personal Finance