Immigration detainees released in budget crunch

Posted in the Minneapolis Forum

GOP Cost Savings

Minneapolis, MN

#1 Feb 26, 2013
Immigration detainees released in budget crunch

Source: Associated Press

By E. J. TAMARA, Associated Press | February 25, 2013

LOS ANGELES (AP) The Associated Press has learned that federal immigration authorities have released a number of detainees around the country to save money.

Gillian Christensen, spokeswoman for U.S. Immigration and Customs Enforcement in Washington, D.C., said Monday that field offices have been directed to review their numbers of detained immigrants to ensure the jail populations stay within budgeted resources.

Christensen says an unspecified number of immigrants have been released and placed on more cost-effective forms of supervision.

She says she did not have further details about those forms of supervision or how many people have been released.

Read more: http://www.chron.com/news/texas/article/Immig...
Republicans Destroy US

Minneapolis, MN

#2 Feb 27, 2013
Good move.
non-starter

Saint Paul, MN

#3 Feb 27, 2013
Great move, answering yourself Dumbo. The executive branch supervises the group that let these illegal immigrants out, I believe the party affiliation of that branch is Democrat. Nice try again, liar.
Smarter Liberal

Minneapolis, MN

#4 Feb 27, 2013
The Republican-caused sequester is to blame.
non-starter

Saint Paul, MN

#5 Feb 27, 2013
Great move, answering yourself Dumbo. The executive branch supervises the group that let these illegal immigrants out, I believe the party affiliation of that branch is Democrat.

As for the White House suggested sequester being to blame for anything, it hasn't taken effect yet, so it cannot be the cause. It seems, whenever Democrats want to make a case for more taxes, they cut things that make the public nervous for safety; police, fire, homeland security, immigration.....coincidence? I think not.
Bushwhacker

Seattle, WA

#7 Feb 27, 2013
non-starter

Saint Paul, MN

#8 Feb 27, 2013
Bushwhacker wrote:
The executive branch supervises the group that let these illegal immigrants out, I believe the party affiliation of that branch is Democrat.

As for the White House suggested sequester being to blame for anything, it hasn't taken effect yet, so it cannot be the cause. It seems, whenever Democrats want to make a case for more taxes, they cut things that make the public nervous for safety; police, fire, homeland security, immigration.....coincidence? I think not.
non-starter

Saint Paul, MN

#9 Feb 27, 2013
Bushwhacker wrote:
Let me get this straight, low integrity poster. Bush is responsible for stuff over 4 years after he has left office, but Obama isn't responsible for a cabinet controlled organization while he is in charge? Your logic is so much less than unfathomable.
Bushwhacker

Minneapolis, MN

#10 Feb 27, 2013
Bushwhacker wrote:
Slewsie dear, you are far too kind with what you say. It's Bush's fault. You know that.
LMAOROLFU~! to you too hun.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Minneapolis Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Action Packed Decadent Bloody Violent Movies in... 3 hr Wolfman Black 3
John carpenters halloween 3 hr Wolfman Black 2
Friday the 13th films=trash 3 hr Wolfman Black 2
Global warming 'undeniable,' scientists say (Jul '10) 4 hr IBdaMann 33,117
The Army's findings on Bergdahl NOT to be relea... 10 hr Liberal 4
Hillary clinton "businesses dont create jobs" 23 hr Sangelia 31
Franken Campaign Goes After McFadden for Sellin... Thu goose 1
Minneapolis Dating
Find my Match

Minneapolis People Search