Barrier islands devastated must be rebuilt

Posted in the Minneapolis Forum

Amused Slew

Minneapolis, MN

#1 Nov 13, 2012
WHY are the barrier islands off the NYC cost being reconstructed?

They did their job and if had not been populated there would be little damage to the islands.

So why are they populated/reconstructed?
pay your own way

United States

#2 Nov 13, 2012
it is on your dime if you want to rebuild on or near water.

do not look for federal assistance to build on what one day will be an ocean again.

So why are they populated/reconstructed?

Since: Sep 11

Rogers, MN

#3 Nov 13, 2012
Hey no problem. Bloomberg will just find something else to tax to cover the cost. How about a $5.00 tax on every pack of chewing gum to help pay for all the cleanup of those islands, and of course, gum that gets stuck on the hooves of mounted patrol horses.
Amused SLEW

Minneapolis, MN

#4 Nov 13, 2012
cantmakeitup wrote:
Hey no problem. Bloomberg will just find something else to tax to cover the cost. How about a $5.00 tax on every pack of chewing gum to help pay for all the cleanup of those islands, and of course, gum that gets stuck on the hooves of mounted patrol horses.
Naw Bomming idiot will get it from Obama/China.
CRASSUS

Green Bay, WI

#5 Nov 13, 2012
I say let the Jiggers inhabit the coastal areas.
digger

Minneapolis, MN

#6 Nov 13, 2012
pay your own way wrote:
it is on your dime if you want to rebuild on or near water.
do not look for federal assistance to build on what one day will be an ocean again.

I hope that the FREEZE, SUFFER, DIE, LOSE AS MUCH AS POSSIBLE, due to their EXTREME IGNORANCE, TRIBALISM, and STUPIDITY.
Amused Slew

Minneapolis, MN

#7 Nov 13, 2012
digger wrote:
<quoted text>
SCREW THE EAST COAST... When Minnesota had a devasting tornado, flood, or other catastrophe, ZERO DOLLARS came from the EAST COAST.
I hope that the FREEZE, SUFFER, DIE, LOSE AS MUCH AS POSSIBLE, due to their EXTREME IGNORANCE, TRIBALISM, and STUPIDITY.
Yup, remember when Duluth was damaged this summer the Feds didn't provide 100% of repair cost.

Yet NYC is requesting 100% coverage.

I'd say remove all houseing from the barrier islands OR mandate those who insist on living there buy insurance coverage for 100% of their losses. AND build the houses to withstand wind and water equal to Sandy's.
digger

Minneapolis, MN

#8 Nov 13, 2012
Amused Slew wrote:
<quoted text>
Yup, remember when Duluth was damaged this summer the Feds didn't provide 100% of repair cost.
Yet NYC is requesting 100% coverage.
I'd say remove all houseing from the barrier islands OR mandate those who insist on living there buy insurance coverage for 100% of their losses. AND build the houses to withstand wind and water equal to Sandy's.
Like, DUH.... Even PETA and other groups attacked Duluth, like the ZOO, because a dozen GOATS DIED.

As far as I know, the STUPID FEDS didn't pay SQUAT to Duluth when THEY got FLOODED OUT. The Feds told MN, "eat shat". Too bad, so sad.

So NOW, MN has to eat the costs of it's OWN FLOODS,**AND**, it should contribute to the recovery of the NJ/NY coast.

SMD, and ES.

Since: Sep 11

Champlin, MN

#9 Nov 13, 2012
Bloomberg has piles of money. Let him cut the check.
Yikes

Saint Paul, MN

#10 Nov 13, 2012
Another Schmahlsville talking to himself thread. Yawn.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Minneapolis Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Ebola Spreads to Texas 1 hr Space ace 2
Global warming 'undeniable,' scientists say (Jul '10) 1 hr Captain Yesterday 32,776
Elizabeth warren 3 hr Zoey Jaja 10
Beheading suspect likely radicalized in jail — ... 3 hr cowboy chris 2
Black Bear Fights Back During Vicious Murder 4 hr Tang Wong Chew 1
Why? 4 hr cowboy chris 6
Are ‘Hong Kong people’ still Chinese? 4 hr Tang Wong Chew 1

Minneapolis Jobs

Minneapolis People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Minneapolis News, Events & Info

Click for news, events and info in Minneapolis

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]