2 dead after shooting at Maple Grove ...

2 dead after shooting at Maple Grove McDonald's

There are 228 comments on the TwinCities.com story from Apr 19, 2009, titled 2 dead after shooting at Maple Grove McDonald's. In it, TwinCities.com reports that:

Police in Maple Grove say a man fatally shot a woman in the parking lot of a McDonald's restaurant, then died of an apparent self-inflicted gunshot wound a short time later.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at TwinCities.com.

“Sustainability Now!”

Since: May 08

Vadnais Heights

#25 Apr 20, 2009
THE Radest Rethuglican wrote:
<quoted text>
I'd say stay out of Maple Grove in general, it's cesspool of suburban angst and crime.
Seems like ALL towns and cities are becoming cesspools of angst and crime. What's a mother to do?
Darnell

Saint Paul, MN

#26 Apr 20, 2009
Brooklyn Park should be cited in a national study to show the negative effects of putting affordable housing into the burbs. The title could be something like 'building non-urban ghettos for the 21st century'.

“REALLY? Are you serious?”

Since: Feb 09

Up north MN WI

#27 Apr 20, 2009
Darnell wrote:
Brooklyn Park should be cited in a national study to show the negative effects of putting affordable housing into the burbs. The title could be something like 'building non-urban ghettos for the 21st century'.
I lived in Brooklyn Park for 4 years, and never had one problem. The last year I lived there, there were 2 murders, both domestic related. I never once felt afraid.
Sven

Minneapolis, MN

#28 Apr 20, 2009
Darnell,

I have been a resident of the other Brooklyn (Center) for 21 years and feel completely safe. In all of the years the only thing done on my street was an egging (15 years ago) and someone cut my garden hose in my front yard, again about 15 years ago. Why is it that when something goes wrong its assumed the perps were black, asian, latino and come from Brooklyn Center or Brooklyn Park?

“Puppet At State Fair”

Since: Mar 09

Nowthen, MN

#29 Apr 20, 2009
Work wrote:
I also lost someone yesterday and all the cruel comments are unneccesary. I knew the guy and it's sad that his life ended this way. He was a very sweet, well loved person. It's unbelievable that this happen, but before you go passing judgements, please remember that TWO people died yesterday and even though one was to blame, please respect that he also had friends and family that are going to miss him dearly and are in shock of the events that happened.
You remind me of the Son of Sam Killer's neighbors who said David Berkowitz was a good guy.

For a guy to blast a shotgun through the woman he supposedly loved and then walked right up above her and sent another round of shotgun pellets into the that poor woman and mother, he has to be an evil, sick dog who didn't even have the courage to face the consequences of his heinous actions.

You say of the killer: "He was a very sweet, well loved person."

Anybody who "well loved" that murdering loser need to have their head examined. I feel about as sorry for him as the two punks who massacred their fellow students at Columbine 10 years ago today.
NMplsMan

Saint Paul, MN

#30 Apr 20, 2009
Maple groover wrote:
Note to N. MPLS- keep your crazy to your sefs, thanx.
No thanks, they're coming your way due in fact to the organized shift of "the crazies" to the suburbs for the near northside land grab occurring now. I'm sure we'll see your "folks" moving back in over the next few years in large numbers, plenty of vacant lots for ya!!...
NMplsMan

Saint Paul, MN

#31 Apr 20, 2009
Work wrote:
please be respectful to all who were involved in this horrible event. thanks.
Half of these cowardly posters out here don't care, you have my sympathy. They would want the same if it was someone they loved or knew. When it happens to them, they won't be out here. Guaranteed.. They should pray it's not one of them next, instead of all the crude, race baiting jokesters out here... Death is never funny..
Just wondering

Toronto, Canada

#32 Apr 20, 2009
Shouldn't a news story include salient facts as to what day and time it happened? This could have been last week as far as anyone would know by reading this.
Mayor McCheese

Monroe, LA

#33 Apr 20, 2009
this makes me grimace

“Puppet At State Fair”

Since: Mar 09

Nowthen, MN

#35 Apr 20, 2009
NMplsMan wrote:
<quoted text>
Half of these cowardly posters out here don't care, you have my sympathy. They would want the same if it was someone they loved or knew. When it happens to them, they won't be out here. Guaranteed.. They should pray it's not one of them next, instead of all the crude, race baiting jokesters out here... Death is never funny..
You're calling out "cowardly posters?" What do you call a guy who would shoot his defenseless girlfriend at point blank range, twice? I call him a cowardly murdering pig and I repeat that I can only be thankful he blew his face off so he will have a closed coffin and we won't have to waste time and money convicting him for his crime: Murder. I'm really sick of these bozos who think a woman "belongs" to them and that they can't have her, nobody can. I don't know anything about the race of these people. I don't need to. Domestic violence murder is pretty color blind.
MEa

Mankato, MN

#36 Apr 20, 2009
She was my best friend, she was a great mom, she was a daughter, a sister, a friend... I've known her forever. She was not from N. MPLS she was from a very nice community. HE is lucky HE committed suicide. Because not even God would have mercy on his soul.
AND I agree with the other posters, no one who kills someone and then themselves is a sweet kind wonderful guy. He took someones mom away from them, forever. This child will never have her mom there for anything in her life, anything!
MEa

Mankato, MN

#37 Apr 20, 2009
Chris Brown wrote:
He must have really loved her to do something like that. Love makes you do crazy things.
HE must HAVE REALLY LOVED HER!!! ARE YOU INSANE!
happy lady

Minneapolis, MN

#38 Apr 20, 2009
I am wondering if anyone knows the names of the two victims??? I have heard rumors who it is and i dont wanna believe it!!!!!!
sad

United States

#39 Apr 20, 2009
lets all just agree that what happened yesterday is SAD. Okay? And if you heard rumors of who it was, and you DON'T WANT TO BELIEVE IT. Then believe it because I felt the same way.

United States

#40 Apr 20, 2009
Chris Brown wrote:
Maple Grove is a dangerous suburb that just keeps getting worse. I am glad I moved to Hopkins last year.
LOL!
Bob

Delano, MN

#41 Apr 20, 2009
The Brooklyn Park thugs are moving to Maple Grove, time to move to St. Cloud, or in that direction.

I understand Stearns County "requires" its residents to carry a weapon of your choice, mainly used for shooting gophers but work equally well on knuckle draggers.
Big Bobby

Minneapolis, MN

#42 Apr 20, 2009
Chris Brown wrote:
Maple Grove is a dangerous suburb that just keeps getting worse. I am glad I moved to Hopkins last year.
Hopkins is safer than Maple Grove? You must be smoking the joint per hour today. Keep in mind this happened in Maple Grove, but both people were from somewhere else. In Hopkins they have many gangs that live there. I knoe Brooklyn Park, Maple Grove, Hopkins, and several other city cops. Maple Grove has the lowest crime rate of of those three cities.

United States

#43 Apr 20, 2009
Bob wrote:
The Brooklyn Park thugs are moving to Maple Grove, time to move to St. Cloud, or in that direction.
I understand Stearns County "requires" its residents to carry a weapon of your choice, mainly used for shooting gophers but work equally well on knuckle draggers.
But then you run into the freedom fighters and meth labs in Sterns County
NMplsMan

Saint Paul, MN

#44 Apr 20, 2009
THE Radest Rethuglican wrote:
<quoted text>
You're calling out "cowardly posters?" What do you call a guy who would shoot his defenseless girlfriend at point blank range, twice? I call him a cowardly murdering pig and I repeat that I can only be thankful he blew his face off so he will have a closed coffin and we won't have to waste time and money convicting him for his crime: Murder. I'm really sick of these bozos who think a woman "belongs" to them and that they can't have her, nobody can. I don't know anything about the race of these people. I don't need to. Domestic violence murder is pretty color blind.
I'd bet he never posted out here Einstein. I don't feel bad for the guy he got what he deserved no matter how bitter the end was for him. My issue is with asinine comments that degrade an entire community, an entire race (however unknown in this case). The "cowards" out here assume they have the facts and the clout to speak on everything and everyone. I say meet me in the street and spew your venon snakes...

Since: May 08

Saint Paul, MN

#45 Apr 20, 2009
happy lady wrote:
I am wondering if anyone knows the names of the two victims??? I have heard rumors who it is and i dont wanna believe it!!!!!!

Police said a woman was shot and killed outside the McDonald's at 6255 Sycamore Lane North in Maple Grove Sunday afternoon in what appears to be a murder-suicide.

Police were called to the restaurant around 2 p.m. They said the woman, later identified as Heather McPherson, 24, of Plymouth, was shot with a shot gun just outside the door by the drive-up lane. Witnesses said it appears she was shot several times.

Officers said employees tried unsuccessfully to give the woman CPR.

Meanwhile, Brooklyn Park Police spotted a car matching the description of the suspect's vehicle on Interstate 94. As they pulled the car over, they said the man, later identified as Sedric Larkins, 24, of Blaine, shot and killed himself.

Police said the two knew each other and had planned to meet at the restaurant where she was going to break off a year-long on-again, off-again relationship. Officers believe he followed her into the lot, got out of his car and shot her. Police say McPherson has a 9-year-old daughter.

There were several people, including children, inside the restaurant at the time. They will be offered counseling.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Minneapolis Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Woman's head stepped on by Rand Paul supporters (Oct '10) 22 min Abe 26,674
Comey beng investigated by IG 7 hr MAGA 1
Losing faith 13 hr silly rabbit 48
My I'm Moving to Hazard Thread is Going Well 16 hr MAGA 13
It's Reparations Time at Star Bucks 17 hr MAGA 13
Barbara bush died 17 hr The Moon Shiner 6
Secret society controls beyonce 17 hr The Moon Shiner 6

Minneapolis Jobs

Personal Finance

Minneapolis Mortgages