Friday Rasmussen Ohio Poll: Obama 49...

Friday Rasmussen Ohio Poll: Obama 49% Romney 48%

Posted in the Minneapolis Forum

The Truth

Saint Paul, MN

#1 Oct 19, 2012
Bear in mind that the biased Rasmussen polls have a demonstrated 5 point Republican bias.

Obama 49%, Romney 48%

http://www.rasmussenreports.com/public_conten...
Crassus

Minneapolis, MN

#2 Oct 19, 2012
Rats, I'm on the wrong side of the argument, again!

It must be my skinny pecker!
Bridgework

Lincoln, NE

#3 Oct 19, 2012
The Truth wrote:
Bear in mind that the biased Rasmussen polls have a demonstrated 5 point Republican bias.
Obama 49%, Romney 48%
Bear in mind that Rasmussen was the most accurate of the last presidential election.
The Truth

Saint Paul, MN

#4 Oct 19, 2012
Bridgework wrote:
<quoted text>
Bear in mind that Rasmussen was the most accurate of the last presidential election.
Yes and no.

Rasmussen's LAST PRESIDENTIAL poll was very accurate. THat says nothing about their DAILY presidential polls at all.

There was a noted 4 to 5 point Republican bias on all the other races that year as well as in 2010.

So when you take compare just the ONE out of greater than a thousand polls, yes, they were accurate.

When you take ALL their polls into account for that election, their accuracy was poor and biased.

“The one and only Smart Liberal”

Since: Aug 12

Former MN Tax Payer

#5 Oct 19, 2012
The Truth wrote:
Obama 49%, Romney 48%
If the Huffington Post says it, Bob believes it. Thus his constant remark about Rasmussen and a fictitious 5 point bias.

However, his latest "go to source" is pollster.com which over samples Dems by 7% to 11% and is the only one that is published in the Huffington Post. Of course, the Huff Post only publishes the most reliable data and never twists the truth. B.S. The Huff Post prints verbatum the DNC talking points on a daily basis.
Not So Smart Liberal

Saint Paul, MN

#6 Oct 19, 2012
Here are the actual election margins from the battleground states in 2008, along with Rasmussen's poll margins:

Colorado actual: Obama +8.5, Rasmussen: Obama +4 (skewed McCain by 4.5 points)
Florida actual: Obama +2.5, Rasmussen: McCain +1 (skewed McCain by 3.5 points)
Indiana actual: Obama +1, Rasmussen: McCain +3 (skewed McCain by 4 points)
Iowa actual: Obama +9.5, Rasmussen: Obama +8 (skewed McCain by 1.5 points)
Nevada actual: Obama +12.5, Rasmussen: Obama +4 (skewed McCain by 8.5 points)
New Hampshire actual: Obama +9.5, Rasmussen: Obama +7 (skewed McCain by 2.5 points)
North Carolina actual: Obama +0.5, Rasmussen: McCain +1 (skewed McCain by 1.5 points)
Ohio actual: Obama +4, Rasmussen: tie (skewed McCain by 4 points)
Pennsylvania actual: Obama +10.5, Rasmussen: Obama +6 (skewed McCain by 4.5 points)
Virginia actual: Obama +6.5, Rasmussen: Obama +4 (skewed McCain by 2.5 points)
Wisconsin actual: Obama +14, Rasmussen: Obama +7 (skewed McCain by 7 points)

So, the average skew for Rasmussen's polls in the battleground states in 2008 was 4 points toward the Republican candidate, and they skewed toward the Republican in EACH AND EVERY ONE of these polls (an undeniable sign of bias). And in the 2010 midterm elections, Rasmussen's polls were skewed almost 6 points toward Republican candidates, clearly making their organization less accurate and more biased than all of their major competitors.

Rasmussen's obvious flaw is that it "adjusts" the results of Democrats' responses in each of their polls (i.e. reduces them), because they assume that they are constantly oversampling Democrats. But how could they accidentally oversample Democrats in virtually every single poll? That doesn't make sense, especially when on average more people across the nation have identified with the Democrats for decades. Regardless, Rasmussen always reduces the Democrats' total in their polls by 4-6%, which explains why they were so obviously biased 4-6% toward Republican candidates in the 2008 and 2010 election cycles.

If you still refuse to acknowledge that Rasmussen's polls are biased toward Republicans, then you have been SERIOUSLY propagandized by the proven liars at Fox News. They will tell you whatever they need to in order to make you hysterical, because hysterical people are easy to manipulate.
Amused Slew

Seattle, WA

#7 Oct 19, 2012
Smart Liberal wrote:
<quoted text>
If the Huffington Post says it, Bob believes it. Thus his constant remark about Rasmussen and a fictitious 5 point bias.
However, his latest "go to source" is pollster.com which over samples Dems by 7% to 11% and is the only one that is published in the Huffington Post. Of course, the Huff Post only publishes the most reliable data and never twists the truth. B.S. The Huff Post prints verbatum the DNC talking points on a daily basis.
Prove you're honest, post the pics you promised of the Hertz Counter..... LEAVE THEM UP, LIAR !!!

Former MN Tax Payer

#8 Oct 19, 2012
Amused Slew wrote:
<quoted text>Prove you're honest, post the pics you promised of the Hertz Counter..... LEAVE THEM UP, LIAR !!!
Sludge, go play your games elsewhere.

Upon arival I said it was foggy, you said it was not. I was right you were wrong.

I then wrote that I was taking the shuttle to the car renatal facility. A week later you come back and say there is no Hertz counter at Sea-Tac, it is at a combined car rental facility off site from the airport. Well, DUH. That is what I told you that morning.

I posted pictures of Mt Rainier, the freeis wheel at Fisherman's Wharf, and of the Merry-Go-Round at Fisherman's Wharf.

I was in Seattle. You were no where near that part of the world, and still are not anywhere near Seattle.

You are a lying little troll. Just adimt it and quit badgering me.
Smart Liberal Compulsive

Saint Paul, MN

#9 Oct 19, 2012
You are truly obsessed with Seattle Slew! If you want to ask him out on a date, just do it and get it over with. No one else wants to read about your insane compulsions!
Amused Slew

Seattle, WA

#10 Oct 19, 2012
Niether of the Above wrote:
<quoted text>Most of the weather channels show partly cloudy/cloudy, 48 degrees! O

Post 631

Poor TrashMa'am.... Your pal's weather report doesn't mention fog..

Travel the "world" TrashyLiar http://www.worldweather.org/

You SAID you'd post pics of the Hertz counter as PROOF !!!
I'd be happy to see them, rather than THIS SLOPPY JIG !!!
Fact Track

Saint Paul, MN

#11 Oct 19, 2012
With the demonstrated 5 point Republican bias, this is a 6 point Obama lead in Ohio!

Former MN Tax Payer

#12 Oct 19, 2012
Fact Track wrote:
With the demonstrated 5 point Republican bias, this is a 6 point Obama lead in Ohio!
For once in your life, document your asinine claim. I see no bias by Rassmussen.
Amused Slew

Seattle, WA

#13 Oct 19, 2012
Now I'm asking nicely,
PLEASE POST YOUR PROMISED PICTURES... I'd really hate to say you're a lair.
Thank you ;-)

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Minneapolis Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
clinton probe extends to key aides 11 min cowboy chris 70
Did you hear the one about ... 15 min cowboy chris 4
Congressman John Kline runs away and hides 19 min cowboy chris 4
Judge orders Kentucky clerk jailed 25 min cowboy chris 11
Drop one word....add one word game (Apr '14) 11 hr _Zoey_ 321
News Global warming 'undeniable,' scientists say (Jul '10) 14 hr Into The Night 34,489
Another Government FAILURE Vet benifits (Mar '13) 16 hr LIbErals 6
More from around the web

Personal Finance

Minneapolis Mortgages