Naked obstructionism is catching up w...

Naked obstructionism is catching up with the right

Posted in the Minneapolis Forum

Arch on Larch

Phoenix, AZ

#1 Oct 14, 2013
It’s fair to bet that Obama is not going to give an inch on defunding or delaying any aspect of the ACA (Obamacare).

So next, we will be looking for the right to try to win some sort of face-saving measures relating to debt, and in particular, more gutting of the social safety net. My sincere hope is that Obama will hold fast, not give an inch, and make them walk back Ag bill provisions, and the cuts to nutritional supplement, as well as completely repealing the debt ceiling legislation, and of course, re-opening the government.

It’s not like the right genuinely gives a tinker’s toot when it is Republicans spending money like drunken sailors. EVER. It’s not like the right has had good job creation numbers, or good growth of the economy by pretty much any metric. We can’t put the right in charge; they do an abysmal job, and to the extent they ever get their hands on power, they are destructive to this nation.

Enough of the right; they need to go, and with the shutdown, they’ve opened the door for themselves to leave the stage of any significant governmental influence. There is nothing left for them to hide behind as purely nasty obstructionists. They are persistently unable, or at least unwilling, to learn from their mistakes.
goose

Chicago, IL

#2 Oct 15, 2013
The Republicans are bent on destroying America. There is no other conclusion that can be drawn.
digger

Kansas City, MO

#3 Oct 16, 2013
The behavior of the Tea Party is treasonous. They should be prosecuted.
LIbEralS

Minneapolis, MN

#4 Oct 16, 2013
goose wrote:
The Republicans are bent on destroying America. There is no other conclusion that can be drawn.
Sorry, Barry beat them to it.

Since: May 11

Burnsville, MN

#8 Oct 16, 2013
Fair is Fair wrote:
IF Obama was a leader he would call both parties to the WH and convince both to give a little and prevent the shutdown and default.
Reagan did that all the time with Tip Oneal.
Instead Obama WILL go down as the most disruptive President in US History.
It seems to me he has the republicans in the white house several times over the last two weeks. The problem is Boehner can`t amas any republican votes.

I`m not a big Pelosi fan but Boehner is the worst speaker of all time.

Since: May 11

Burnsville, MN

#10 Oct 16, 2013
Fair is Fair wrote:
<quoted text>
Having republicans in the WH is NOT giving and taking to make a deal.
Obama and Reid are stonewalling the GOP, refusing to give an inch. It's the old game of who will blink.
Like I suggested BOTH sides must give a little so as to make the others feel like they won and can say they won.
Obama/Reid not giving an inch and the GOP can also play that game.
Bottom line: if no deal is made it won't look good for Obama as a leader. The mess WILL go down as a mess under President Obama's "leadership". Think about it how many disasters are ever blamed on Congress? The are always blamed on the sitting president, Obama/"Leader".
The democrats already did compromise. They agreed to the spending limits the republicans wanted. But then they just want more, just like little kids. Just sit back and watch your party go down in flames.
Arch on Larch

Detroit, MI

#16 Oct 20, 2013
Snake Dr wrote:
<quoted text>
It seems to me he has the republicans in the white house several times over the last two weeks. The problem is Boehner can`t amas any republican votes.
I`m not a big Pelosi fan but Boehner is the worst speaker of all time.
Boehner can't even control his own caucus.
Awful Truth

Minneapolis, MN

#17 Oct 22, 2013
Once again all the right wing comments seem to have been deleted. Looks like the right just can't follow the rules.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Minneapolis Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
What is your opinion on Greta Van Sustern and h... 1 hr Space ace 2
How many of us since the Pioneer Press days sti... 1 hr DSM Local 11
Dont watch the oscars 3 hr Space ace 21
It started praying 3 hr Space ace 3
Keith ellison communist scum qualifications 5 hr Space ace 8
What does " bigly" mean 8 hr LIbEralS 11
News Global warming 'undeniable,' scientists say (Jul '10) 8 hr Rshermr 36,584

Minneapolis Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance