Comments
21 - 40 of 94 Comments Last updated Feb 25, 2013
Bushwhacked

Seattle, WA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#22
Feb 20, 2013
 
Non-Joe gets up at 6:00am to prepare his morning coffee. He fills his pot full of good clean drinking water because some liberal fought for minimum water quality standards. He takes his daily medication with his first swallow of coffee. His medications are safe to take because some liberal fought to insure their safety and work as advertised.

All but $10.00 of his medications are paid for by his employers medical plan because some liberal union workers fought their employers for paid medical insurance, now Non-Joe gets it too. He prepares his morning breakfast, bacon and eggs this day. Non-Joe’s bacon is safe to eat because some liberal fought for laws to regulate the meat packing industry.

Non-Joe takes his morning shower reaching for his shampoo; His bottle is properly labeled with every ingredient and the amount of its contents because some liberal fought for his right to know what he was putting on his body and how much it contained. Joe dresses, walks outside and takes a deep breath. The air he breathes is clean because some tree hugging liberal fought for laws to stop industries from polluting our air. He walks to the subway station for his government subsidized ride to work; it saves him considerable money in parking and transportation fees. You see, some liberal fought for affordable public transportation, which gives everyone the opportunity to be a contributor.

Non-Joe begins his work day; he has a good job with excellent pay, medicals benefits, retirement, paid holidays and vacation because some liberal union members fought and died for these working standards. Non-Joe’s employer pays these standards because Non-Joe’s employer doesn’t want his employees to call the union. If Non-Joe is hurt on the job or becomes unemployed he’ll get a worker compensation or unemployment check because some liberal didn’t think he should lose his home because of his temporary misfortune.

Its noon time, Non-Joe needs to make a Bank Deposit so he can pay some bills. Non-Joe’s deposit is federally insured by the FSLIC because some liberal wanted to protect Non-Joe’s money from unscrupulous bankers who ruined the banking system before the depression.

Non-Joe has to pay his Fannie Mae underwritten Mortgage and his below market federal student loan because some stupid liberal decided that Non-Joe and the government would be better off if he was educated and earned more money over his life-time.

Non-Joe is home from work, he plans to visit his father this evening at his farm home in the country. He gets in his car for the drive to dads; his car is among the safest in the world because some liberal fought for car safety standards. He arrives at his boyhood home. He was the third generation to live in the house financed by Farmers Home Administration because bankers didn’t want to make rural loans. The house didn’t have electric until some big government liberal stuck his nose where it didn’t belong and demanded rural electrification.(Those rural Republican’s would still be sitting in the dark)

He is happy to see his dad who is now retired. His dad lives on Social Security and his union pension because some liberal made sure he could take care of himself so Joe wouldn’t have to. After his visit with dad he gets back in his car for the ride home.

He turns on a radio talk show, the host’s keeps saying that liberals are bad and conservatives are good.(He doesn’t tell Non-Joe that his beloved Republicans have fought against every protection and benefit Non-Joe enjoys throughout his day) Non-Joe agrees,“We don’t need those big government liberals ruining our lives; after all, I’m a self made man who believes everyone should take care of themselves, just like I have”.,
Bushwhacker

Minneapolis, MN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#24
Feb 20, 2013
 
Bushwhacked wrote:
Non-Joe gets up at 6:00am to prepare his morning coffee. He fills his pot full of good clean drinking water because some liberal fought for minimum water quality standards. He takes his daily medication with his first swallow of coffee. His medications are safe to take because some liberal fought to insure their safety and work as advertised.
All but $10.00 of his medications are paid for by his employers medical plan because some liberal union workers fought their employers for paid medical insurance, now Non-Joe gets it too. He prepares his morning breakfast, bacon and eggs this day. Non-Joe’s bacon is safe to eat because some liberal fought for laws to regulate the meat packing industry.
Non-Joe takes his morning shower reaching for his shampoo; His bottle is properly labeled with every ingredient and the amount of its contents because some liberal fought for his right to know what he was putting on his body and how much it contained. Joe dresses, walks outside and takes a deep breath. The air he breathes is clean because some tree hugging liberal fought for laws to stop industries from polluting our air. He walks to the subway station for his government subsidized ride to work; it saves him considerable money in parking and transportation fees. You see, some liberal fought for affordable public transportation, which gives everyone the opportunity to be a contributor.
Non-Joe begins his work day; he has a good job with excellent pay, medicals benefits, retirement, paid holidays and vacation because some liberal union members fought and died for these working standards. Non-Joe’s employer pays these standards because Non-Joe’s employer doesn’t want his employees to call the union. If Non-Joe is hurt on the job or becomes unemployed he’ll get a worker compensation or unemployment check because some liberal didn’t think he should lose his home because of his temporary misfortune.
Its noon time, Non-Joe needs to make a Bank Deposit so he can pay some bills. Non-Joe’s deposit is federally insured by the FSLIC because some liberal wanted to protect Non-Joe’s money from unscrupulous bankers who ruined the banking system before the depression.
Non-Joe has to pay his Fannie Mae underwritten Mortgage and his below market federal student loan because some stupid liberal decided that Non-Joe and the government would be better off if he was educated and earned more money over his life-time.
Non-Joe is home from work, he plans to visit his father this evening at his farm home in the country. He gets in his car for the drive to dads; his car is among the safest in the world because some liberal fought for car safety standards. He arrives at his boyhood home. He was the third generation to live in the house financed by Farmers Home Administration because bankers didn’t want to make rural loans. The house didn’t have electric until some big government liberal stuck his nose where it didn’t belong and demanded rural electrification.(Those rural Republican’s would still be sitting in the dark)
He is happy to see his dad who is now retired. His dad lives on Social Security and his union pension because some liberal made sure he could take care of himself so Joe wouldn’t have to. After his visit with dad he gets back in his car for the ride home.
He turns on a radio talk show, the host’s keeps saying that liberals are bad and conservatives are good.(He doesn’t tell Non-Joe that his beloved Republicans have fought against every protection and benefit Non-Joe enjoys throughout his day) Non-Joe agrees,“We don’t need those big government liberals ruining our lives; after all, I’m a self made man who believes everyone should take care of themselves, just like I have”.,
Slewsie, those teachers are loyal union members. I am proud you are standing up for them because you sure do get your brains beat in every time you say anything pro union.
Bushwhacker

Seattle, WA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#25
Feb 20, 2013
 
Wanna buy a comma, dummy ???
Bushwhacker

Minneapolis, MN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#26
Feb 20, 2013
 
Bushwhacker wrote:
Wanna buy a comma, dummy ???
Look at that. My gay hubby does care. How sweet!
Bushwhacker

Seattle, WA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#27
Feb 20, 2013
 
I care about intelligence, find some, con...
Bushwhacker

Minneapolis, MN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#28
Feb 20, 2013
 
Bushwhacker wrote:
I care about intelligence, find some, con...
LMAOROLFU~! to you too hun.
non-starter

Saint Paul, MN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#29
Feb 20, 2013
 
Bushwhacked wrote:
Non-Joe gets up at 6:00am to prepare his morning coffee. He fills his pot full of good clean drinking water because some liberal fought for minimum water quality standards.

Joe dresses, walks outside and takes a deep breath. The air he breathes is clean because some tree hugging liberal fought for laws to stop industries from polluting our air.

He gets in his car for the drive to dads; his car is among the safest in the world because some liberal fought for car safety standards.
Many of the protections you cite happened under FDR under the guise of getting the country to back to work. Nixon did most of the rest. Some of your liberal lies are getting quite tiresome low integrity poster.

The U.S. Environmental Protection Agency (EPA or sometimes USEPA) is an agency of the United States federal government which was created for the purpose of protecting human health and the environment by writing and enforcing regulations based on laws passed by Congress.[2] The EPA was proposed by President Richard Nixon and began operation on December 2, 1970, after Nixon signed an executive order. The EPA covers clean water and clean air.

In 1965 and 1966, public pressure grew in the U.S. to increase the safety of cars, culminating with the publishing of Unsafe at Any Speed, by Ralph Nader, an activist lawyer, and the National Academy of Sciences' "Accidental Death and Disability—The Neglected Disease of Modern Society".

In 1966, Congress held a series of highly publicized hearings regarding highway safety, passed legislation to make installation of seat belts mandatory, and enacted Pub.L. 89–563, Pub.L. 89–564, and Pub.L. 89–670 which created the U.S. Department of Transportation on October 15, 1966. This legislation created several predecessor agencies which would eventually become NHTSA, including the National Traffic Safety Agency, the National Highway Safety Agency, and the National Highway Safety Bureau. Once the Federal Motor Vehicle Safety Standards (FMVSS) came into effect, vehicles not certified by the maker or importer as compliant with US safety standards were no longer legal to import into the United States.

NHTSA was officially established in 1970 by the Highway Safety Act of 1970 signed into law by Nixon. NHTSA covers safe automobiles.
Bushwhacker

Seattle, WA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#30
Feb 20, 2013
 
You're taking credit for Nixon & Nader ?? LMAOROTFU~! WEAK !!!

Non-Joe gets up at 6:00am to prepare his morning coffee. He fills his pot full of good clean drinking water because some liberal fought for minimum water quality standards. He takes his daily medication with his first swallow of coffee. His medications are safe to take because some liberal fought to insure their safety and work as advertised.

All but $10.00 of his medications are paid for by his employers medical plan because some liberal union workers fought their employers for paid medical insurance, now Non-Joe gets it too. He prepares his morning breakfast, bacon and eggs this day. Non-Joe’s bacon is safe to eat because some liberal fought for laws to regulate the meat packing industry.

Non-Joe takes his morning shower reaching for his shampoo; His bottle is properly labeled with every ingredient and the amount of its contents because some liberal fought for his right to know what he was putting on his body and how much it contained. Joe dresses, walks outside and takes a deep breath. The air he breathes is clean because some tree hugging liberal fought for laws to stop industries from polluting our air. He walks to the subway station for his government subsidized ride to work; it saves him considerable money in parking and transportation fees. You see, some liberal fought for affordable public transportation, which gives everyone the opportunity to be a contributor.

Non-Joe begins his work day; he has a good job with excellent pay, medicals benefits, retirement, paid holidays and vacation because some liberal union members fought and died for these working standards. Non-Joe’s employer pays these standards because Non-Joe’s employer doesn’t want his employees to call the union. If Non-Joe is hurt on the job or becomes unemployed he’ll get a worker compensation or unemployment check because some liberal didn’t think he should lose his home because of his temporary misfortune.

Its noon time, Non-Joe needs to make a Bank Deposit so he can pay some bills. Non-Joe’s deposit is federally insured by the FSLIC because some liberal wanted to protect Non-Joe’s money from unscrupulous bankers who ruined the banking system before the depression.

Non-Joe has to pay his Fannie Mae underwritten Mortgage and his below market federal student loan because some stupid liberal decided that Non-Joe and the government would be better off if he was educated and earned more money over his life-time.

Non-Joe is home from work, he plans to visit his father this evening at his farm home in the country. He gets in his car for the drive to dads; his car is among the safest in the world because some liberal fought for car safety standards. He arrives at his boyhood home. He was the third generation to live in the house financed by Farmers Home Administration because bankers didn’t want to make rural loans. The house didn’t have electric until some big government liberal stuck his nose where it didn’t belong and demanded rural electrification.(Those rural Republican’s would still be sitting in the dark)

He is happy to see his dad who is now retired. His dad lives on Social Security and his union pension because some liberal made sure he could take care of himself so Joe wouldn’t have to. After his visit with dad he gets back in his car for the ride home.

He turns on a radio talk show, the host’s keeps saying that liberals are bad and conservatives are good.(He doesn’t tell Non-Joe that his beloved Republicans have fought against every protection and benefit Non-Joe enjoys throughout his day) Non-Joe agrees,“We don’t need those big government liberals ruining our lives; after all, I’m a self made man who believes everyone should take care of themselves, just like I have”.,
non-starter

Saint Paul, MN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#31
Feb 21, 2013
 
Bushwhacker wrote:
You're taking credit for Nixon & Nader ?? LMAOROTFU~! WEAK !!!
Non-Joe gets up at 6:00am to prepare his morning coffee. He fills his pot full of good clean drinking water because some liberal fought for minimum water quality standards. He takes his daily medication with his first swallow of coffee. His medications are safe to take because some liberal fought to insure their safety and work as advertised.
All but $10.00 of his medications are paid for by his employers medical plan because some liberal union workers fought their employers for paid medical insurance, now Non-Joe gets it too. He prepares his morning breakfast, bacon and eggs this day. Non-Joe’s bacon is safe to eat because some liberal fought for laws to regulate the meat packing industry.
Non-Joe takes his morning shower reaching for his shampoo; His bottle is properly labeled with every ingredient and the amount of its contents because some liberal fought for his right to know what he was putting on his body and how much it contained. Joe dresses, walks outside and takes a deep breath. The air he breathes is clean because some tree hugging liberal fought for laws to stop industries from polluting our air. He walks to the subway station for his government subsidized ride to work; it saves him considerable money in parking and transportation fees. You see, some liberal fought for affordable public transportation, which gives everyone the opportunity to be a contributor.
Non-Joe begins his work day; he has a good job with excellent pay, medicals benefits, retirement, paid holidays and vacation because some liberal union members fought and died for these working standards. Non-Joe’s employer pays these standards because Non-Joe’s employer doesn’t want his employees to call the union. If Non-Joe is hurt on the job or becomes unemployed he’ll get a worker compensation or unemployment check because some liberal didn’t think he should lose his home because of his temporary misfortune.
Its noon time, Non-Joe needs to make a Bank Deposit so he can pay some bills. Non-Joe’s deposit is federally insured by the FSLIC because some liberal wanted to protect Non-Joe’s money from unscrupulous bankers who ruined the banking system before the depression.
Non-Joe has to pay his Fannie Mae underwritten Mortgage and his below market federal student loan because some stupid liberal decided that Non-Joe and the government would be better off if he was educated and earned more money over his life-time.
Non-Joe is home from work, he plans to visit his father this evening at his farm home in the country. He gets in his car for the drive to dads; his car is among the safest in the world because some liberal fought for car safety standards. He arrives at his boyhood home. He was the third generation to live in the house financed by Farmers Home Administration because bankers didn’t want to make rural loans. The house didn’t have electric until some big government liberal stuck his nose where it didn’t belong and demanded rural electrification.(Those rural Republican’s would still be sitting in the dark)
He is happy to see his dad who is now retired. His dad lives on Social Security and his union pension because some liberal made sure he could take care of himself so Joe wouldn’t have to. After his visit with dad he gets back in his car for the ride home.
He turns on a radio talk show, the host’s keeps saying that liberals are bad and conservatives are good.(He doesn’t tell Non-Joe that his beloved Republicans have fought against every protection and benefit Non-Joe enjoys throughout his day) Non-Joe agrees,“We don’t need those big government liberals ruining our lives; after all, I’m a self made man who believes everyone should take care of themselves, just like I have”.,
You are claiming Nixon was a liberal Democrat?
Bushwhacker

Seattle, WA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#32
Feb 21, 2013
 

Judged:

1

1

1

Unions protect jobs, greedy Romney-Bots make sure private sector jobs move to 3rd world countries.

You'd pay 3rd world wages to fellow Americans and tell them they're scum, like you have on this thread.
scooby slew

Saint Paul, MN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#33
Feb 21, 2013
 

Judged:

1

1

1

Bushwhacker wrote:
Unions protect jobs, greedy Romney-Bots make sure private sector jobs move to 3rd world countries.
You'd pay 3rd world wages to fellow Americans and tell them they're scum, like you have on this thread.
Unions protect the union autocracy. They are self perpetuating remnants of a bygone era, mostly a curiousity these days.
Bushwhacker

Seattle, WA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#34
Feb 21, 2013
 

Judged:

1

1

1

A teabagger blathering and moniker changing, what else is new.

Heard of facts ??

It's why I have investments, while you're bitter.
scooby slew

Saint Paul, MN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#35
Feb 21, 2013
 

Judged:

1

1

1

Bushwhacker wrote:
A teabagger blathering and moniker changing, what else is new.
Heard of facts ??
It's why I have investments, while you're bitter.
It is nice how you invest your time and electrons postng tirelessly hours a day as the unofficial spelling princess here on Topix. Great investments, how much does it pay being a spelling princess?
Bushwhacker

Seattle, WA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#36
Feb 21, 2013
 
You tell me, Ms Irony ?

A teabagger blathering and moniker changing, what else is new.

Heard of facts ??

It's why I have investments, while you're bitter.

So, how is this post by Slew, slow poke ?? Oh right, it's YOU !!!
scooby slew

Saint Paul, MN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#37
Feb 21, 2013
 

Judged:

1

1

1

Bushwhacker wrote:
You tell me, Ms Irony ?
A teabagger blathering and moniker changing, what else is new.
Heard of facts ??
It's why I have investments, while you're bitter.
So, how is this post by Slew, slow poke ?? Oh right, it's YOU !!!
A slewche by any other moniker, would it not spell as sweet? Oh, slewcheo, slewcheo, wherefore art thou, oh spelling princess slewcheo?
Bushwhacker

Seattle, WA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#38
Feb 21, 2013
 
I see you have no life... Good for you, you deserve it. LMAOROTFU~! Pay's good ??? LMAOROTFU!
scooby slew

Saint Paul, MN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#39
Feb 21, 2013
 

Judged:

1

1

1

Bushwhacker wrote:
I see you have no life... Good for you, you deserve it. LMAOROTFU~! Pay's good ??? LMAOROTFU!
Good night, good night! Parting is such sweet sorrow, that I shall say good night and nope not to see you on the morrow.
non-starter

Saint Paul, MN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#40
Feb 21, 2013
 
From Andrew Cuomo's website:

Local property taxes in New York State grew by 73 percent from 1998 to 2008 – more than twice the rate of inflation during that period. When property taxes are measured as a percentage of home value, the top sixteen counties in the nation are all in New York State.

To bring relief to New Yorkers, Andrew has proposed capping property tax growth at 2% or the rate of inflation - whichever is lower. This would apply to all school districts and local governments, including fire and other special districts.

Join Andrew Cuomo and your fellow New Yorkers in calling for a statewide property tax cap by contacting your legislators now.

We will propose a cap on property taxes for all school districts and local governments (counties, towns, villages, and special districts), set at the inflation rate or two percent, whichever is lower. Residents will retain local control and are empowered to override the cap with a 60 percent majority vote when an alternative proposal serves the best interests of the community.

We will immediately move to eliminate unnecessary mandates and propose a “sunset” bill requiring all unnecessary unfunded mandates be reevaluated within a two-year period of time and automatically eliminated unless the mandate is affirmatively renewed. We will veto legislative or regulatory mandates, unless they provide a complete accounting of the fiscal impact on school districts or local governments that includes full documentation, local government input and proposed revenue sources to fund the new mandates. Any new unfunded mandates should contain a “sunset” provision to ensure that the mandate does not continue to apply after its usefulness has passed.

We will automatically award grants of up to $100,000 to communities which successfully petition to reorganize, merge or dissolve their local government under the Government Reorganization and Citizens Empowerment Act. When municipalities merge or dissolve, they are eligible for additional State aid under the new “Empowerment Tax Relief”—50 percent of the additional aid would be given directly to the taxpayers in the affected communities for immediate tax relief. We will also create a Knowledge Network of academic institutions, financial sector and legal community to provide the tools to support citizens and local governments to put plans in place to maximize efficiencies and tax saving through consolidation and dissolution. Finally, we will eliminate provisions in law, such as the legal prohibition that towns cannot provide services, that result in increased costs and unnecessary duplication.

We will enact a statutory and constitutional spending cap that limits growth to the rate of inflation. Only in the event of extraordinary circumstances, may the Governor, with the agreement of a two-thirds supermajority of both houses of the Legislature, authorize spending in excess of the cap. We will not raise and will veto any increase in personal or corporate income taxes or sales tax. Moreover, budget surpluses produced by controlling spending will be used for direct property tax relief under a “circuitbreaker” plan.

Unions hate it when Democrats rein in irresponsible growth in cost structure.
Bushwhacker

Seattle, WA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#41
Feb 21, 2013
 
Consewertatives SURE HATE KIDS ! LMAOROTFU ~! Maybe, if they were GREEN ???
non-starter

Saint Paul, MN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#42
Feb 21, 2013
 
Bushwhacker wrote:
Consewertatives SURE HATE KIDS ! LMAOROTFU ~! Maybe, if they were GREEN ???
New York has the 16 highest property tax counties in the United States. Taxes were outstripping inflation by a large margin. Andrew Cuomo and the legislature slowed the tax growth. The teachers' union sued because they can't continue to grow their pay and benefits at a rate faster than inflation.

1. Cuomo and the legislature should pass legislation making it illegal for public employee unions to sue the state.

2. The union is overstepping its' charter and authority.

3. Even with the property cap tax, New York is still the highest property tax state in the United States.

4. Total tax burden, New York is number 1.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Minneapolis Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Global warming 'undeniable,' scientists say (Jul '10) 12 min DonPanic 32,423
Hero USC footballer Josh Shaw injured saving dr... 3 hr Mark Winshel 2
Proposed high-voltage power lines raise fears i... (Apr '09) 8 hr lieht 94
Drop one word....add one word game 8 hr Capt Crunch 81
Woman's head stepped on by Rand Paul supporters (Oct '10) 10 hr Huh 26,225
Robin Williams Emmys tribute criticised for inc... 14 hr cantmakeitup 11
Debate: Ferguson - Minneapolis, MN 15 hr NSNovum 75
•••
•••
Minneapolis Dating

more search filters

less search filters

•••

Minneapolis Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••

Minneapolis People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

•••

Minneapolis News, Events & Info

Click for news, events and info in Minneapolis
•••

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]
•••