North Minneapolis groups say 'enough is enough' after murder

Jun 28, 2012 Full story: Startribune.com 79

One day after a 5-year-old boy was shot and killed while sleeping in a north Minneapolis home, community groups are coming together to vow to stop the violence.

Full Story
First Prev
of 4
Next Last
Consistent

Grantsburg, WI

#73 Jul 2, 2012
Seattle Slew wrote:
Poor con,
HER tales of woe are important to JUSTIFY, but any other race should be persecuted, RIGHT ???
Sorry, you miss a lot...
"Dry Drunk" has been described as "A condition of returning to one's old alcoholic thinking and behavior without actually having taken a drink." Or as one wise old drunk put it, if a horse thief goes into A.A. what you can end up with is a sober horse thief. Or a personal favorite: you can take the rum out of the fruit cake, but you've still got a fruit cake!
Those who quit drinking but are still angry about it, wind up living miserable lives and usually make everyone else around them miserable too. If it has been said once in an Al-Anon meeting, it has been whispered thousands of times, "I almost wish he would go back to drinking."
Psychotic,

This is the 3rd Thread I have camoe to to see if there are any comments from thoughtful people only to find your "Self Description" dominating the Thread...

Develop some shame and stop "Projecting" onto me.
j dumb

Seattle, WA

#74 Jul 2, 2012
Imagine a drunk liar
It isn't hard to do....
Want to spam his POO
Seems the drunk liar ....is YOU !

At least we can count on believing nothing...that you write. It really make it EZ to discount you as either a moron or trying to help Obama > THANKS ~

Step 1 - We admitted we were powerless over our addiction - that our lives had become unmanageable
Step 2 - Came to believe that a Power greater than ourselves could restore us to sanity
Step 3 - Made a decision to turn our will and our lives over to the care of God as we understood God
Step 4 - Made a searching and fearless moral inventory of ourselves
Step 5 - Admitted to God, to ourselves and to another human being the exact nature of our wrongs
Step 6 - Were entirely ready to have God remove all these defects of character
Step 7 - Humbly asked God to remove our shortcomings
Step 8 - Made a list of all persons we had harmed, and became willing to make amends to them all
Step 9 - Made direct amends to such people wherever possible, except when to do so would injure them or others
Step 10 - Continued to take personal inventory and when we were wrong promptly admitted it
Step 11 - Sought through prayer and meditation to improve our conscious contact with God as we understood God, praying only for knowledge of God's will for us and the power to carry that out
Step 12 - Having had a spiritual awakening as the result of these steps, we tried to carry this message to other addicts, and to practice these principles in all our affairs
Fred

United States

#75 Jul 2, 2012
j dumb wrote:
Imagine a drunk liar
It isn't hard to do....
Want to spam his POO
Seems the drunk liar ....is YOU !
At least we can count on believing nothing...that you write. It really make it EZ to discount you as either a moron or trying to help Obama > THANKS ~
Step 1 - We admitted we were powerless over our addiction - that our lives had become unmanageable
Step 2 - Came to believe that a Power greater than ourselves could restore us to sanity
Step 3 - Made a decision to turn our will and our lives over to the care of God as we understood God
Step 4 - Made a searching and fearless moral inventory of ourselves
Step 5 - Admitted to God, to ourselves and to another human being the exact nature of our wrongs
Step 6 - Were entirely ready to have God remove all these defects of character
Step 7 - Humbly asked God to remove our shortcomings
Step 8 - Made a list of all persons we had harmed, and became willing to make amends to them all
Step 9 - Made direct amends to such people wherever possible, except when to do so would injure them or others
Step 10 - Continued to take personal inventory and when we were wrong promptly admitted it
Step 11 - Sought through prayer and meditation to improve our conscious contact with God as we understood God, praying only for knowledge of God's will for us and the power to carry that out
Step 12 - Having had a spiritual awakening as the result of these steps, we tried to carry this message to other addicts, and to practice these principles in all our affairs
Didn't Topix Admin tell you to follow the Terms of Service or be banned a 3rd time?

You should listen to what they say.
Amused Slew

Seattle, WA

#76 Jul 2, 2012
DO you still beat your wife ? Is your kid brain damaged ? Did you cause it ? Sorry to hear the bad news, about your brain transplant.
OMG

Saint Paul, MN

#77 Jul 2, 2012
Hennessey and felony wrote:
I cannot believe the stupidity of the comments and the people who has posted them. I cannot believe that at a time when a father lost his only son that anyone would want to smear him publicly in the City Pages.
Aaron Rupar for you to go onto Cornelius George's facebook page to attack him at a time like this speaks volumes for the person you are. Everyone has a past and no one but him and the other person involved truly know what happened to bring about his current court situation. Why not post the fact that Cornelius George did what most men in his situation would not do. He stepped up to the plate the day that Nizzel was born and has been the main caregiver for Nizzel his whole life. Other's in his situation just walk away from the child Cornelius has done anything and everything he could do for his son. I have known Nizzel since the day he was born and love him very much and I can tell you this he loved his Daddy more than anyone could express the words for. He was a very smart, happy, loved child that could not and will not ever be forgotten. Any media attention should be directed at stopping this from ever happening again not slandering a father who just lost his child. Nizzel would be devastated to hear and know how bad that you have all painted his father out to be. I would love for you to find many men like Cornelius that has stepped up to the plate for his son feeding, clothing, providing and being there for his son. Nizzel's death should be the main focus and the murders who took a child that had his whole life ahead of him. He was so smart, loving, caring you couldnt not know Nizzel and not love him. How would any of you feel if your child was murdered and every negative thing about you was posted for everyone to see. Nizzel has family on his father's side that have been there for him and loved him and are grieving in a way that I cannot imagine and these comments and slurs affect them as well.His grandmother Desiree, His Uncles Robert and Lewis, His aunt Shannon and so many other family members are grieving in a way that someone not in their shoes could ever comprehend. I have read posts going low enough to state that Cornelius and Christine named him after a rapper and so on and so forth. That is a lie he was named Nizzel after his father who has had the nickname Nizz way before facebook and Snoop Dog or ever being a rapper. I just want the truth out that Cornelius was a great father to Nizzel and people should be ashamed to post things about someone that they have no idea is true or false. Nizzel's family is going through so much at this time and anyone who has any compassion for another human being should be able to see the devastation and not add to it ... R.I.P Nit Nit <3 This was never supposed to happen. He is in God's and his Grandfather R.L's arm's now...
I would love for you to find many men like Cornelius that has stepped up to the plate for his son feeding, clothing, providing and being there for his son.

There are Millions upon Millions of men who take care of their children with out having to use the ol' "step up to the plate" justification. HIs ass should have been prison for statutory rape.
Sticks and Stones

Minneapolis, MN

#78 Jul 2, 2012
Nizz Sr. showed up on TV today wearing gangster trademark pantyhose on his head. That's what I call settin' an example and steppin' up to the plate.
Seattle Slew

Seattle, WA

#79 Jul 2, 2012
Clothes make the man, if you can't bother to realize the can be easily changed and are superficial... Racists=dumb...
cant make it up

Minneapolis, MN

#80 Jul 2, 2012
Slew, you are an i d i o t.
jolene

Saint Paul, MN

#82 Jul 2, 2012
digger wrote:
<quoted text>
Here's how you fix the problem....
1. Stop treating 16 year old murderers like "juvees". They get treated just like all of the OTHER MURDERERS. Maybe you can't sentance them to death or like without parole, but you can still sentance them to 40-50 years. NEEDS TO HAPPEN NOW. There is NO reason for a 16 year old to be on the streets with a gun, ANY gun. If a 16 year old is even CAUGHT with such a weapon, it should be 5 YEARS MINIMUM in JAIL, in the CITY of course (has nothing to do with LEGAL HUNTING ACTIVITIES).
2. IF anybody is found to be giving these stupid juvees guns, and they are adults, 10 YEARS MINIMUM, with NO early release.
3. Anybody caught trying to cover up or abet a deadly murder committed by a juvee gets 5 years MINIMUM.
I keep hearing about how Minnesota's prisons are full. What a crock of BS. In fact, they are not anywhere NEAR being full, we need to lock up all of these heartless thugs.
the mamas cannot control their "babies' or else they are not at home when the "babies" go out on the streets....I really feel sad for them,but hearing them crying "my baby"everytime must be a copycat thing...
OMG

Saint Paul, MN

#83 Jul 3, 2012
Hennessey and felony wrote:
I cannot believe the stupidity of the comments and the people who has posted them. I cannot believe that at a time when a father lost his only son that anyone would want to smear him publicly in the City Pages.
Aaron Rupar for you to go onto Cornelius George's facebook page to attack him at a time like this speaks volumes for the person you are. Everyone has a past and no one but him and the other person involved truly know what happened to bring about his current court situation. Why not post the fact that Cornelius George did what most men in his situation would not do. He stepped up to the plate the day that Nizzel was born and has been the main caregiver for Nizzel his whole life. Other's in his situation just walk away from the child Cornelius has done anything and everything he could do for his son. I have known Nizzel since the day he was born and love him very much and I can tell you this he loved his Daddy more than anyone could express the words for. He was a very smart, happy, loved child that could not and will not ever be forgotten. Any media attention should be directed at stopping this from ever happening again not slandering a father who just lost his child. Nizzel would be devastated to hear and know how bad that you have all painted his father out to be. I would love for you to find many men like Cornelius that has stepped up to the plate for his son feeding, clothing, providing and being there for his son. Nizzel's death should be the main focus and the murders who took a child that had his whole life ahead of him. He was so smart, loving, caring you couldnt not know Nizzel and not love him. How would any of you feel if your child was murdered and every negative thing about you was posted for everyone to see. Nizzel has family on his father's side that have been there for him and loved him and are grieving in a way that I cannot imagine and these comments and slurs affect them as well.His grandmother Desiree, His Uncles Robert and Lewis, His aunt Shannon and so many other family members are grieving in a way that someone not in their shoes could ever comprehend. I have read posts going low enough to state that Cornelius and Christine named him after a rapper and so on and so forth. That is a lie he was named Nizzel after his father who has had the nickname Nizz way before facebook and Snoop Dog or ever being a rapper. I just want the truth out that Cornelius was a great father to Nizzel and people should be ashamed to post things about someone that they have no idea is true or false. Nizzel's family is going through so much at this time and anyone who has any compassion for another human being should be able to see the devastation and not add to it ... R.I.P Nit Nit <3 This was never supposed to happen. He is in God's and his Grandfather R.L's arm's now...
You have been copying and pasting this little missive all over the place. all the news sites, you have even hit JNS It just occurred to me, are you the chick he beat up?
marcella sowell

Canyon Country, CA

#84 Jul 4, 2012
Dat Tru wrote:
Here's how you can stop the violence, it works 90% of the time:
1: stay in school, get an education.
2: get a job.
3: do not have children until you are married.
4: do not engage in any illegal activities.
this is bull shit heris the better idear mofos if a child a weak mal nutrichis he doesn't have the energy what if he was rapped asualt by family and friends he becomes a runnaway you have to catch him putt him in a wellness living hospital education center birth to adualts catch there life before its to late bring em back to life guide them if they are over the age 18 plus that's why job core centers should be connected to a wellness center connected to county usc hospital first of all even children with mild to server mental retardation can be placed in a special building called operation train you can train them to do yard work stocking small corner grocery stores or clothing store they can be short order cooks. Allright they can work in downtown la community small veggie gardens they can work in metal packaging small toys. They can work in small business plant packaging goods wants there trained they can work in clean up crews for freeways parks and la cty zoo not in lion cages.that's for colloge zoologist. Making 120,000.00 because there doctors surgeons etc. Right that's a classified zoologist.
Dude

Minneapolis, MN

#85 Jul 4, 2012
IF just one resident of each block in Minneapolis would sit on the front porch with a shotgun loaded with buckshot and kill these idiots that are shooting up the city the shooting would be over in a week or 2.

BTW that is what would happen in Edina where I live, it would end quickly.
marcella sowell

Canyon Country, CA

#86 Jul 4, 2012
Marcella sowell occupations opra conductor band conductor group conductor nurse surgeon orchestra philharmonic all clothing designer civil engineer a government community plainer holistic healer police officer ten star general master gardener building plainer church designer large city like houston plainer fire captain astronaunt designer cargo club long beach safety owner olympic idear plainner builder of all two cents in everythang maker talka mile a minute movie ghost writter holly ghost everythang everythangs been marcella la fargue fargue better home gardens fencing builder ultimate drafter food chief idear
Laughing Slew

Seattle, WA

#87 Jul 4, 2012
Dude wrote:
IF just one resident of each block in Minneapolis would sit on the front porch with a shotgun loaded with buckshot and kill these idiots that are shooting up the city the shooting would be over in a week or 2.
BTW that is what would happen in Edina where I live, it would end quickly.
You'd end up "trying" to talk them to death....
Osmosis Jones

United States

#88 Jul 5, 2012
They say that every week, they just want more money, their crack supply is running low.
marcella sowell

Canyon Country, CA

#89 Jul 9, 2012
They need to aPprehind that buzzard ass that child deseved to live. At his home front whata shame oh what a shame like uncle levell's song!
marcella sowell

Canyon Country, CA

#90 Jul 9, 2012
Battalions are ready ragamont's enter take care of you naw!
Snowman

Minneapolis, MN

#91 Jul 10, 2012
Why arn't some of those numerous guns in Mpls used to defend innocents?

SS is toast!!
Cherry on a Spoon

Minneapolis, MN

#92 Jul 12, 2012
Obama: Hope and Change.

Didn't work now it's time for FORWARD..

Ya. RT safe...

SS Stomped..

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 4
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Minneapolis Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
The Army's findings on Bergdahl NOT to be relea... 1 hr Liberal 4
Global warming 'undeniable,' scientists say (Jul '10) 2 hr SpaceBlues 33,111
Hillary clinton "businesses dont create jobs" 14 hr Sangelia 31
Franken Campaign Goes After McFadden for Sellin... 17 hr goose 1
African Aid Workers Are Not Heros 21 hr cantmakeitup 3
How the Dem intend to win this November 22 hr LIbEralS 5
The Liberal Ebola Nurse 22 hr cantmakeitup 4
Minneapolis Dating
Find my Match

Minneapolis People Search