Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 16, 2012

Judged:

Consistent wrote:
<quoted text>
So if I can sell a widget for $10, and it costs me $5 to produce a widget in the US paying $25/hour wages + taxes + fringe and I move production to China where it costs me $1 to prduce a widget paying $1/hour wages + taxes + fringe and my shipping cost goes up $1 per widget, I won't make a lot more money?
An electronics company acquires a warehouse full of cogs, sprockets, and widgets.
 A Device requires 2 cogs, 1 sprocket, and 2 widgets.
 A Gadget requires 1 cog, 1 sprocket, and 2 widgets.
 A Thing requires 1 cog, 2 sprockets, and 1 widget.
If the warehouse contains 350 cogs, 350 sprockets, and 400 widgets, how many Devices,
Gadgets, and Things should the company produce to use up the entire inventory?
Consistent Republican

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 16, 2012

Judged:

here you go union liberals that follow barry, not much to show for your yrs of service, the unions will destroy America. Not to worry, a successful Republican will purchase the name / rights / factories and it will become a NON union place to earn a living.
CRASSUS wrote:
TWINKIES DEAD: A small union's stubbornness in contract talks with Hostess is being blamed for the shutdown of one of America's snack food icons, the loss of 18,500 jobs and much-needed tax revenue from hundreds of plants and shops across the country.
The privately-held company had reached a deal with the Teamsters, but a smaller union representing bakery workers refused to agree to concessions, prompting the mass layoffs and closing down of hundreds of plants, bakeries and delivery routes. That prompted harsh words from both the company and from Teamsters officials.
Read more: http://www.foxnews.com/us/2012/11/16/hostess-...
Amused Slew

Seattle, WA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 16, 2012

Judged:

Pretty funny, hating fellow Americans cost you the election, but you're still clearly clueless. Of course, stupidity rides your shoulders, like the stench of your hypocrisy. LMAOROTFU~!
Amused Slew

Minneapolis, MN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 16, 2012

Unions forever....
Amused Slew

Seattle, WA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 16, 2012

Pretty funny, hating fellow Americans cost you the election, but you're still clearly clueless. Of course, stupidity rides your shoulders, like the stench of your hypocrisy. LMAOROTFU~!
Amused Slew

Seattle, WA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 16, 2012

Judged:

Smart Liberal wrote:
<quoted text>
Union mentality means no progress.
Automate. Robotics. Invention.
Good luck selling products to folks you put out of work... Of course, you're posting typical wing nut rhetoric, but so was the Hertz dance....

Hey DUMBASS, wasn't it funny, you thought you were leading, while I knew there's no Hertz at Sea-Tac ALL ALONG !!!

You're such a loser....
Captain Crunch

Phoenix, AZ

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 16, 2012

Judged:

Amused Slew wrote:
<quoted text>Good luck selling products to folks you put out of work... Of course, you're posting typical wing nut rhetoric, but so was the Hertz dance....
Hey DUMBASS, wasn't it funny, you thought you were leading, while I knew there's no Hertz at Sea-Tac ALL ALONG !!!
You're such a loser....
When you dance to the Pipers tune, you have to pay the Piper. Put down your trumpet Trumka, the dance is about over and the fat lady is warming up.
Amused Slew

Minneapolis, MN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 18, 2012

Mov'em to Mexico..

“We have 545 traitors.”

Since: May 11

Parts Unknown

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 18, 2012

Bob of Many Names wrote:
It just burns you up to know that somewhere there are union employees that make a living wage, doesn't it.
http://www.careerbliss.com/salary/hostess-bra...

Here is what they made. The average Hostess Brand employee made $14,000 per year more than the average in the state. Add in exploding fuel and food costs, pensions, and suddenly there is very little profit on baked snack food that sells for 60 cents.

Too bad for a 100+ year old company.
Amused Slew

Seattle, WA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 18, 2012

Hilarious you'd even post a link to that sample.... looks like too much management to ACTUALLY involve ANY union positions...try again. LMAOROTFU~!

“We have 545 traitors.”

Since: May 11

Parts Unknown

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 18, 2012

Amused Slew wrote:
Hilarious you'd even post a link to that sample.... looks like too much management to ACTUALLY involve ANY union positions...try again. LMAOROTFU~!
The union positions are included, idiot. Try reading it again, slower, and really work hard to understand it. It may take you longer than most, so take your time.
Amused Slew

Minneapolis, MN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 18, 2012

18,500 employees costs minimum of $1,000,000,000, a BILLON dollars.

ANY increase in the cost of that labor can kill a company.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

First Prev
of 2
Next Last
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

•••
•••
•••
•••

Minneapolis Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••

Minneapolis People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

•••