Rand Paul to Lead Class-Action Lawsui...

Rand Paul to Lead Class-Action Lawsuit Against Obama over NSA Spying

Posted in the Minneapolis Forum

Since: Sep 11

Rogers, MN

#1 Jan 3, 2014
This man is an idiot. He is grandstanding and wasting time and money. You can't sue the president and certainly not the NSA. While I agree that almost everything the NSA does, and most of what Obama is about, is in direct violation of our constitution, this is not the way to deal with it. Impeachment for the president, term limits for congress, and since the NSA is like Pandora's box, that's another story altogether. Very difficult to put that one back in the box. Which is why they never should have opened the box in the first place.
Patriot Ace G.W. Bush becomes Patriot Act on steroids under G.W. Obama.

http://www.breitbart.com/Big-Government/2014/...

Rogers, MN

#4 Jan 6, 2014
You're dreaming if you think the Patriot Act will ever be repealed. It's just like a tax. They never go away, even when promised, like the stadium tax for the dome. Neither will this Constitution destroying Patriot Act.
redeemer

Saint Paul, MN

#8 Jan 7, 2014
cantmakeitup wrote:
This man is an idiot. He is grandstanding and wasting time and money. You can't sue the president and certainly not the NSA. While I agree that almost everything the NSA does, and most of what Obama is about, is in direct violation of our constitution, this is not the way to deal with it. Impeachment for the president, term limits for congress, and since the NSA is like Pandora's box, that's another story altogether. Very difficult to put that one back in the box. Which is why they never should have opened the box in the first place.
Patriot Ace G.W. Bush becomes Patriot Act on steroids under G.W. Obama.
http://www.breitbart.com/Big-Government/2014/...
did she say wasting money ? look at the junk that barry soetoro has forced on the American people. Get a grip liberal, your TAX and SPEND time is over, face the facts.

Rogers, MN

#10 Jan 7, 2014
Dutch wrote:
<quoted text>
Can't answer this if Rand Paul with after the FBI wouldn't he would have done himself a more crediable service for his rehersal then he would have gotten to the heart of domestic survelance
instead of targeting the international community? Americans are concern about home and we recognize that we spy vs.spy how can he win.
There's a good chance the NSA is spying on the FBI and vice versa. One of the great failures of the Patriot act and the DHS is their abject failure to create a central point of reference and accountability for the disparate "intelligence" agencies who spend as much or more time trying to "out spy" each other than actually doing anything productive.
FYI on DFL

Minneapolis, MN

#14 Jan 7, 2014
cantmakeitup wrote:
You're dreaming if you think the Patriot Act will ever be repealed. It's just like a tax. They never go away, even when promised, like the stadium tax for the dome. Neither will this Constitution destroying Patriot Act.
A PLANK in the Minnesota DFL party platform is to NEVER reduce the number of Government employees.

NEVER.

So that prevents reduction in staff when technology or changing demands allow it.
redeemer

Saint Paul, MN

#16 Jan 8, 2014
FYI on DFL wrote:
<quoted text>
A PLANK in the Minnesota DFL party platform is to NEVER reduce the number of Government employees.
NEVER.
So that prevents reduction in staff when technology or changing demands allow it.
Is that you LibrEals? so what do you think about Dayton and The DFL giving a & Billion surplus? when Timmy and the republicans had us at a 5 Billion dollars in the red or deficit.
Dems are better fiscal managers.
FYI on DFL

Minneapolis, MN

#17 Jan 8, 2014
Very easy to jack up taxes and generate a surplus.

Much more difficult to return th surplus to taxpayers when the Government doesn't need it.

Said that, Senator Wiger (D) Maplewood, already is planning to waste the BILLION surplus on state wide fiberoptic cabeling.

EVEN THOU the perferred WEB access is wireless.

DFL never passes up an opportunity to waste taxdollars.

Rogers, MN

#18 Jan 8, 2014
FYI on DFL wrote:
Much more difficult to return th surplus to taxpayers when the Government doesn't need it.
Said that, Senator Wiger (D) Maplewood, already is planning to waste the BILLION surplus on state wide fiberoptic cabeling.
I'd like to offer a small amendment to you last statement.
Goernmenr never passes up an opportunity to waste tax dollars, be there a deficit or a surplus, they just can't stop spending and I don't care much which party you refer too. They are both pretty much the same these days.

Rogers, MN

#19 Jan 8, 2014
I meant, government, not "goemmenr".

“I am always right.”

Since: Oct 09

Former MN Taxpayer

#21 Jan 8, 2014
FYI on DFL wrote:
The fact of the matter is that until July 1, 2013, the budget the State of Minnesota was operating under was the Republican Budget. The Dems did not take fiscal control of the State until that date.

The budget was balanced on June 30, 2013 without a tax increase.

As of July 1, 2013, there is a $2 Billion tax increase. A surplus of $1 Billion is not difficult when you increase revenue by $2 Billion, is it?
redeemer

Saint Paul, MN

#25 Jan 13, 2014
What ever happen to Rand Paul auditing the Fed tough talk?
LIbEralS

Minneapolis, MN

#26 Jan 13, 2014
redeemer wrote:
What ever happen to Rand Paul auditing the Fed tough talk?
There would have to be others with his backbone for this to happen. I'm thinking that congress is scared of what they would find.
Ernie

Saint Paul, MN

#27 Jan 13, 2014
LIbEralS wrote:
<quoted text>
There would have to be others with his backbone for this to happen. I'm thinking that congress is scared of what they would find.
The republican congress .

Rogers, MN

#29 Jan 13, 2014
LIbEralS wrote:
<quoted text>
It's not backbone. It's grand standing. It's attention hooring. It's talking tough knowing full well that nothing will come of it. Asking Congress to audit another federal agency (and vice versa) is like asking the fox to guard the hen house. There is no accountability in Washington.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Minneapolis Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Turkey was next. 8 min Tellitlikeitis 5
Right now!!!!!!! 1 hr space ace 3
Obama's America 6 hr Tellitlikeitis 78
Orlando 22 hr OK Barry 40
Can't manage the gov & NOT honest or trustworthy (Nov '13) Mon LIbEralS 517
britain leaves EU, new world order stunned Jun 26 cowboy chris 11
News Pride Weekend Kick-Off Parties Jun 25 Joe Balls 5
More from around the web

Personal Finance

Minneapolis Mortgages