Minneapolis Council races are set: Wards 8-10

Posted in the Minneapolis Forum

Comments
1 - 3 of 3 Comments Last updated Sep 1, 2013
Marvelous Minneapolis

Minneapolis, MN

#1 Aug 31, 2013
There were late-starting campaigns in some of these. I’m not going to label anyone “unserious,” but I’m not going to spill a lot of ink on the late entrants, either. If any of them and/or their supporters feel that they’re being shorted, here’s recourse. My source for who’s running is the Minneapolis elections website.

Ward 8: Incumbent Elizabeth Glidden (DFL) is unopposed. That’s no fun!

Ward 9: The incumbent, DFLer Gary Schiff, ran for Mayor. He’s since dropped out of that race, but this seat remains open. Alondra Cano is DFL-endorsed. Another candidate for that endorsement (it took six ballots), Charles Curtis, is running through to the general. So are DFLers Abdi Abdulle, Pat Fleetham, and Greg McDonald.

Who could really be worth watching is the Green Party candidate, Ty Moore. I’m not normally one to give much weight, at all, to endorsements, but that he snagged the SEIU’s is interesting. My sense (though without close knowledge of the district’s demographics) is that, all things considered, Moore absolutely could make a race of this one.

Ward 10: Meg Tuthill is the incumbent DFLer. Lisa Bender, however, won the DFL endorsement. After a little hemming and hawing, Tuthill decided to keep going. Nate Griggs is running as an Independent (not to be confused with Minnesota’s Independence Party). I was unable to find a campaign site or Facebook page for Scott Hargarten, but this would seem to be him – that is, an activist with Occupy MN. I don’t necessarily see a “walk” for Bender, here. Much could depend on second choices in RCV.
goose

Chicago, IL

#2 Aug 31, 2013
Odd that the Republicans don't seem to be able to garner much support in almost any ward in Minneapolis...
Jennifer

Minneapolis, MN

#3 Sep 1, 2013
Not so odd when you consider that the Republicans really only represent the richest Americans.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Minneapolis Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Dem senator claims male colleague told her: Don... 30 min John gotti 10
Minneapolis: A Hotbed For Radical Islam 36 min John gotti 50
oh it smoking 37 min cheeka21654 1
Cambridge Mace's Lane Middle School Teacher on ... 53 min Delores 12
Global warming 'undeniable,' scientists say (Jul '10) 1 hr SpaceBlues 32,457
Abbott Northwestern Hospital any good? 5 hr Hybrid 15
Drop one word....add one word game 8 hr Silly times 83
•••
•••
•••