Bill Bans Whole Milk For Kids At Day ...

Bill Bans Whole Milk For Kids At Day Care

Posted in the Minneapolis Forum

Since: Sep 11

Rogers, MN

#1 Apr 19, 2014
File this under "Things not meant for government to address...ever"
Apparently Connecticut has solved all of their really important problems.
There are some extremely stupid politicians in this country.

http://courantblogs.com/capitol-watch/bill-ba...
Trigger

Minneapolis, MN

#2 Apr 19, 2014
Damn, wait 'till my 90+ year old grandparents hear about this. They always talk about how they grew up on WHOLE MILK, with the layer of fat on top.

They will feel like they shouldn't be alive..

Government is way out of control.
Trigger

Minneapolis, MN

#3 Apr 20, 2014
ONLY a libertard state would enact such foolishness.
Expert

Kearney, NE

#4 Apr 20, 2014
cantmakeitup wrote:
We only had one fat kid in my 4th grade class. And that was a gland problem.

Since: Jul 10

Minneapolis, MN

#5 Apr 20, 2014
cantmakeitup wrote:
Thing is, they are finding that the various forms of lowfat milk may not be as healthy as some folks assume it is. Some of it has been sugared to make it taste better.
Thank goodness that a private residence can still buy whole milk. Won't have it any other way here in this household.
http://healthland.time.com/2013/07/03/skim-mi... Low-fat foods do not lower calorie consumption: Low-fat versions are supposed to reduce the amount of calories that people eat, and in an absolute sense, they do. A cup of low-fat milk contains fewer calories than a cup of whole milk. But Ludwig and Willett note that there isnít much evidence to support the idea that drinking lower-calorie beverages in general leads to lower-calorie intake. Reduced-fat foods and drinks may not be as filling, so consumers may end up compensating for the lack of calories and eating or drinking more.
http://www.npr.org/blogs/thesalt/2014/02/12/2... In one paper, published by Swedish researchers in the Scandinavian Journal of Primary Health Care, middle-aged men who consumed high-fat milk, butter and cream were significantly less likely to become obese over a period of 12 years compared with men who never or rarely ate high-fat dairy.
...Yep, that's right. The butter and whole-milk eaters did better at keeping the pounds off.

Since: Sep 11

Rogers, MN

#6 Apr 21, 2014
No margarine allowed in my house, ever. My wife likes 2% milk. That's her choice. I prefer whole milk that my daughter buys from a co-op in Cambridge. You have to shake it up a bit to get some of the fats to dissolve. It's delicious. And occasionally, once in a great while, we splurge, buy some lard and use it to make fries or fish or other deep fried yummies.

Since: Jul 10

Minneapolis, MN

#7 Apr 21, 2014
cantmakeitup wrote:
No margarine allowed in my house, ever. My wife likes 2% milk. That's her choice. I prefer whole milk that my daughter buys from a co-op in Cambridge. You have to shake it up a bit to get some of the fats to dissolve. It's delicious. And occasionally, once in a great while, we splurge, buy some lard and use it to make fries or fish or other deep fried yummies.
We banned margarine here too. Real butter only at this house. Margarine is made from soy these days.
Had to ban as much soy from the house. Since kid started on early puberty here. How many kids do you know of that have to use deodorant from the age of six? She has been using the stuff since she was six.
We use olive oil to fry in if we need to fry something. Like liver & onions. Thinking of looking for corn oil next shopping trip.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Minneapolis Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Senator Hopes Trump Assassinated 33 min TAAM 24
Did Daley Crockett and his BLM visit Mayor's of... 4 hr Oak Tree 6
News Global warming 'undeniable,' scientists say (Jul '10) 11 hr Galt 37,271
News Roseville Dairy Queen makes annual list of '10 ... (May '10) Sat Jim_M 34
Fox news sold out and is fake news now Sat Space ace 5
Get Out of Jackson, Wyoming! Aug 18 Tim Shey 1
All these big mouth white boys who never fought... Aug 18 Davycrockett 7

Minneapolis Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance