Govt screws up again. Thousands of weapons missing and unaccounted for.

Posted in the Minneapolis Forum

Comments
1 - 19 of 19 Comments Last updated Jul 2, 2013

“The one and only Smart Liberal”

Since: Aug 12

Former MN Tax Payer

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 28, 2013

Judged:

Is there anything that the US Government, under the leadership of Community Organizer Barack Hussein Obama, has not screwed up?

THOUSANDS OF WEAPONS MISSING AND UNACCOUNTED FOR.

That is serious stuff, folks.

----------

The U.S. Park Police has lost track of hundreds of firearms, according to an advance copy of a report from the Interior Department inspector general's office obtained by the Washington Post, raising familiar questions about the mismanagement of an agency that is tasked with protecting visitors to Washington's monuments and parks.

According to the report, investigators discovered 1,400 guns that were supposed to have been destroyed. An additional 198 handguns donated to the Park Police by the Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco, and Firearms that are not reflected in official records are being housed in a building in Southeast D.C. There is no evidence that the wayward guns have found their ways into the hands of criminals, but the report noted that the Park Police might not be aware if they had.

The report presented "credible evidence of conditions that would allow for theft and misuse of firearms, and the ability to conceal the fact if weapons were missing."

"Commanders up to and including the chief of police have a lackadaisical attitude toward firearms management," wrote Mary L. Kendall, the Interior Department's deputy inspector general. "Historical evidence indicates that the indifference is a product of years of inattention to administrative detail."

The report noted that similar problems discovered in 2008 and 2009 were never fixed, and scalded the agency's managers for a "decade-long theme of inaction and indifference."

The investigation sprang from an anonymous tip that Park Police officers were taking weapons home. Investigators found only two instances of that particular misconduct, but during the course of the probe, investigators unearthed many other troubling examples of errant management.

A spokesman for the National Park Service, which manages the Park Police, said that Teresa Chambers, the chief of the Park Police, had been ordered to implement the report's recommendations "without delay."

"I have no tolerance for this management failure," said Park Service Director Jonathan B. Jarvis in a statement, according to the Post. "The safety and security of our visitors and employees remain our highest priority."

http://www.cbsnews.com/8301-250_162-57591525/...
Bushwhacker

Seattle, WA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 28, 2013

Judged:

Even your article stops the blame at the police chief, quit being an idiot.....

"Commanders up to and including the chief of police have a lackadaisical attitude toward firearms management," wrote Mary L. Kendall,

Former MN Tax Payer

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 1, 2013

Judged:

Did any of the missing weapons ever show up?

Did the Obama Administration ever say they are concerned over this amount of missing weapons?

Oh, wait. It might interfere with the Marxist President's African vacation or his next golf game. He is too important to worry about a few thousand missing guns, isn't he?
Bushwhacker

Seattle, WA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 1, 2013

Judged:

Yeah, you should tell him he's the first president to take a vacation or have guns go missing...RIGHT IDIOT !!!!

Even your article stops the blame at the police chief, quit being an idiot.....

"Commanders up to and including the chief of police have a lackadaisical attitude toward firearms management," wrote Mary L. Kendall,

Since: Sep 11

Rogers, MN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 1, 2013

Judged:

Smart Liberal wrote:
Did the Obama Administration ever say they are concerned over this amount of missing weapons?
Oh, wait. It might interfere with the Marxist President's African vacation or his next golf game. He is too important to worry about a few thousand missing guns, isn't he?
What do you want to bet some of these missing weapons turn up in Chicago. Or maybe an LA buyback program.

One thing you can say for the Obama administration is that they are consistently incompetent from the top down.
redeemer

Saint Paul, MN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 1, 2013

Judged:

Smart Liberal wrote:
Is there anything that the US Government, under the leadership of Community Organizer Barack Hussein Obama, has not screwed up?
----------
The U.S. Park Police has lost track of hundreds of firearms, according to an advance copy of a report from the Interior Department inspector general's office obtained by the Washington Post, raising familiar questions about the mismanagement of an agency that is tasked with protecting visitors to Washington's monuments and parks.
According to the report, investigators discovered 1,400 guns that were supposed to have been destroyed. An additional 198 handguns donated to the Park Police by the Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco, and Firearms that are not reflected in official records are being housed in a building in Southeast D.C. There is no evidence that the wayward guns have found their ways into the hands of criminals, but the report noted that the Park Police might not be aware if they had.
The report presented "credible evidence of conditions that would allow for theft and misuse of firearms, and the ability to conceal the fact if weapons were missing."
"Commanders up to and including the chief of police have a lackadaisical attitude toward firearms management," wrote Mary L. Kendall, the Interior Department's deputy inspector general. "Historical evidence indicates that the indifference is a product of years of inattention to administrative detail."
The report noted that similar problems discovered in 2008 and 2009 were never fixed, and scalded the agency's managers for a "decade-long theme of inaction and indifference."
The investigation sprang from an anonymous tip that Park Police officers were taking weapons home. Investigators found only two instances of that particular misconduct, but during the course of the probe, investigators unearthed many other troubling examples of errant management.
A spokesman for the National Park Service, which manages the Park Police, said that Teresa Chambers, the chief of the Park Police, had been ordered to implement the report's recommendations "without delay."
"I have no tolerance for this management failure," said Park Service Director Jonathan B. Jarvis in a statement, according to the Post. "The safety and security of our visitors and employees remain our highest priority."
The world wide web LIAR SL does it again she starts a topic accusing the government of having Thousands of weapons missing compared too the actual article that claim their were about 1400 that were account for boy this proves that SATAN never stop deceiving or lying.
redeemer

Saint Paul, MN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 1, 2013

Judged:

Smart Liberal wrote:
Where did your article say that a few thousand guns were missing? are you able to count how many guns are a few thousand idiot?GEEUS you're a fool and a dumb liar too boot.
redeemer

Saint Paul, MN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 1, 2013

Judged:

cantmakeitup wrote:
<quoted text>
What do you want to bet some of these missing weapons turn up in Chicago. Or maybe an LA buyback program.
One thing you can say for the Obama administration is that they are consistently incompetent from the top down.
Do you ever come for air your head is sooo deep and SL ass that got shit all over your face it's even dripping out your mouth.
I'm starting to even that you two azz-holes are one of the same.

Rogers, MN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 2, 2013

Judged:

redeemer wrote:
<quoted text>
Do you ever come for air your head is sooo deep and SL ass that got shit all over your face it's even dripping out your mouth.
I'm starting to even that you two azz-holes are one of the same.
Keep a sharp eye out for those R.I.F trucks in a neighborhood near you.
Bushwhacker

Seattle, WA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 2, 2013

Judged:

That's "funny".... no matter haw many times you stupidly post it !!! Not for the right reason, tho....
Bushwhacker

Seattle, WA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 2, 2013

Judged:

Does it bother your monikers, Red out earns you ?

Get used to it, any man can....

Former MN Tax Payer

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 2, 2013

Judged:

In the opening comment, I asked the following question:

"Is there anything that the US Government, under the leadership of Community Organizer Barack Hussein Obama, has not screwed up?"

Given the responses posted above, the obvious answer is "No. They have screwed up everything they touch."

Thanks to the fake black guy and the fake Seattle resident for proving my point.
redeemer

Saint Paul, MN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 2, 2013

Judged:

cantmakeitup wrote:
<quoted text>
Keep a sharp eye out for those R.I.F trucks in a neighborhood near you.
You keep a sharp eye for SL brown nosing as kisser idiot.
redeemer

Saint Paul, MN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 2, 2013

Judged:

Smart Liberal wrote:
"Is there anything that the US Government, under the leadership of Community Organizer Barack Hussein Obama, has not screwed up?"
Given the responses posted above, the obvious answer is "No. They have screwed up everything they touch."
Thanks to the fake black guy and the fake Seattle resident for proving my point.
You need to STFU the biggest fake on this forum you act like you're a 13 year old pimple face beetch and still didn't my simple question how many thousands of weapons are missing liar.
And Obama is the best president that this country has had in the 21st century that why you hide your dumb coyote face behind his good looking honest face chisler/liar.

Rogers, MN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 2, 2013

Judged:

Smart Liberal wrote:
Did you really expect a relevant response from the moderator who pretends to be the Seattle-ite and red?
Bushwhacker

Seattle, WA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 2, 2013

Judged:

Smart Liberal wrote:
----------
I'd have to say, your posts ...written under the leadership of Community Leader/President Barack Hussein Obama, are definitely screwed up.

SO, you're right.... Cain you dig it ???

Former MN Tax Payer

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 2, 2013

Judged:

cantmakeitup wrote:
<quoted text>
Did you really expect a relevant response from the moderator who pretends to be the Seattle-ite and red?
It would be expecting way too much to get an on-topic answer from either the fake black guy or the fake Seattle resident, wouldn't it?

Any other Obamabots care to address the Community Organizer In Chief's complete failure as President?

How many new food stamp recipients are there?
How many million illegal immigrants cross our borders daily?
How many people can't find jobs and have fallen out of the system?
How big is the National Debt?
How much do we owe to China?
How expensive will Obamacare really be?

Rogers, MN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 2, 2013

Smart Liberal wrote:
<quoted text>
It would be expecting way too much to get an on-topic answer from either the fake black guy or the fake Seattle resident, wouldn't it?
Any other Obamabots care to address the Community Organizer In Chief's complete failure as President?
How many new food stamp recipients are there?
How many million illegal immigrants cross our borders daily?
How many people can't find jobs and have fallen out of the system?
How big is the National Debt?
How much do we owe to China?
How expensive will Obamacare really be?
I can answer all of those question with the same two word answer:

A shitload!
Bushwhacker

Seattle, WA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 2, 2013

Judged:

I got one.....

Where is Hertz AT Sea-Tac...

Ps- I'd point out your lack of casual connection, but you did.

Sorry senile cantgetitup, you're so broke it Hertz.

Trolls/ball sack boi<quoted text> If you can find a flux capacitor, I will travel back in time with Michael J Fox, log in to Topix, and complain about Bush, Sure! You wont catch me defending Bush. He made PLENTY of mistakes.
I have never said Bush didn't make mistakes. I will even admit that they affected Obama's presidency...

IrishMN <quoted text>
When have you ever seen me beating the drum for Bush by saying he did not start diggin us into the hole we are in?
The best thing Bush did was leave office.
We could not afford 4 more years of GWB.....

Yet, ALL of you hypocrite humper bois CRY, whenever we mention ANY Bush culpability !??? WOW ! What a pair.... Mae West would be proud of you boobs ! LMAOROTF !

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

•••
•••
Minneapolis Dating

more search filters

less search filters

•••

Minneapolis Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••

Minneapolis People Search