The train wreck called ObamaCare

Since: Sep 11

Rogers, MN

#387 Oct 16, 2013
LIbEralS wrote:
Yet ANOTHER covert change to ObamaCare:

Of course, this wasn't announced by the administration, it was pointed out by Jackson Hewitt, the tax preparation company.
http://bigstory.ap.org/article/govt-clarifies...
That's probably because the administration and "con"gress have no effing what's actually in the damned bill. But they signed off on it anyway because, Obama.

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!

Rogers, MN

#388 Oct 16, 2013
oops

That's probably because the administration and "con"gress have no effing idea what's actually in the damned bill. But they signed off on it anyway because Nancy said they didn't need to read it and because, Obama.
LIbEralS

Saint Paul, MN

#392 Oct 19, 2013
Young people in 45 states will see their health insurance premiums increase under Obamacare because the law relies on the money they pay into the system to offset the cost of caring for older enrollees, according to a new study.

Virginia leads the pack, as individuals aged 27 and under will see their health insurance premiums jump by 252.5 percent --$416.55

http://washingtonexaminer.com/premiums-for-yo...

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!
Schmahl Spew

Oklahoma City, OK

#393 Oct 19, 2013
Washington Examiner???

ROFLMAO!!!!

Average rates in Minnesota DROPPED. You can keep posting lies, but we all know that you get totally free government paid health care.

Schmahl: I got mine, but no one else should.

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!
LIbEralS

Minneapolis, MN

#394 Oct 21, 2013
Is there hope for America?

"Secrecy," "Lies" and "Almost Criminal" Rollout of Obamacare Denounced by…MSNBC Panel!

&fe ature=player_embedded
LIbEralS

Minneapolis, MN

#396 Oct 23, 2013
First Senate Democrat Breaks Ranks To Seek Obamacare Deadline Delay:

In an open letter to President Obama Tuesday, Sen. Jeanne Shaheen of New Hampshire urged the White House to extend the open enrollment period for Obamacare past March 31, 2014 over problems with the website.

"Given the existing problems with the website, I urge you to consider extending open enrollment beyond the current end date of March 31, 2014. Allowing extra time for consumers is critically important so they have the opportunity to become familiar with the website, survey their options and enroll.

Further, in light of the difficulties individuals may be having with enrolling through healthcare.gov , I ask that you clarify how the individual responsibility penalty will be administered and enforced. If an individual is unable to purchase health insurance due to technical problems with enrollment, they should not be penalized because of lack of coverage."

http://www.buzzfeed.com/passantino/first-sena...
Stabbings dont make news

Minneapolis, MN

#397 Oct 23, 2013
Schmahl Spew wrote:
Washington Examiner???
ROFLMAO!!!!
Average rates in Minnesota DROPPED. You can keep posting lies, but we all know that you get totally free government paid health care.
Schmahl: I got mine, but no one else should.
The Minnesota Legislature allocated $150,000,000 to implement "MnSure". Are the tax increases caused by this expenditure included in the "rates" Minnesota users of MnSure will pay? Every County in Minnesota is adding staff to implement MnSure are those costs included in "rates" Minnesota users of MnSure pay,(St Louis County added 16 employees)? Note: none of these new County employees are doctors or nurses or deliver health care. They are pencil pushers, do nothing to improve health care.

I don't expect an answer to my questions because I'm a racist and don't justify a response, right?
LIbEralS

Minneapolis, MN

#404 Oct 25, 2013
Buffett: Scrap Obamacare and Start All Over

When asked, "Are you in favor of scrapping [Obamacare] and going back to start over?", famed investor Warren Buffett said on CNBC March 1, 2010, "I would be — if I were President Obama.”

Buffett insisted that without changes to America's health system average citizens will suffer.

"We have a health system that, in terms of costs, is really out of control," he added. "And if you take this line and you project what has been happening into the future, we will get less and less competitive. So we need something else."

Three debate-ridden years later, millions of Americans still agree.

http://moneymorning.com/ob-article/obamacare-...
LIbEralS

Saint Paul, MN

#407 Oct 26, 2013
Michelle Obama’s Princeton classmate is executive at company that built Obamacare website under a NO BID contract:

First Lady Michelle Obama’s Princeton classmate is a top executive at the company that earned the contract to build the failed Obamacare website.

Toni Townes-Whitley, Princeton class of ’85, is senior vice president at CGI Federal, which earned the no-bid contract to build the $678 million Obamacare enrollment website at Healthcare.gov . CGI Federal is the U.S. arm of a Canadian company.

Townes-Whitley and her Princeton classmate Michelle Obama are both members of the Association of Black Princeton Alumni.

Read more: http://dailycaller.com/2013/10/25/michelle-ob...
LIbEralS

Saint Paul, MN

#410 Oct 27, 2013
Some real strong LEADERSHIP there Barry...

Bob Woodward: "Rat’s Nest of Concealment and Lies" Behind Obamacare Website Disaster, Admin. Scandals

As for Obamacare, Woodward said “it clearly isn’t working” and it connects to the idea that America possesses an “incredibly powerful government that gets on automatic pilot and you have people with inexperience who don’t know about nuts and bolts questions. People who don’t go in and say,‘Well, now is this going to work? Let’s test it.’

“We were talking earlier about the raid that killed Osama bin Laden. That was run by Leon Panetta, who was CIA director, who knew to make sure you checked all of the boxes, and they literally had a place…a compound that they reconstructed and…they practiced. And we didn’t even practice Obamacare.”

&fe ature=player_embedded
LIbEralS

Saint Paul, MN

#413 Oct 28, 2013
OBAMA has known for at least three years that millions of Americans would be getting cancellation letters for their health insurance under Obamacare - BUT HE DIDN'T CARE

Four sources deeply involved in the Affordable Care Act tell NBC NEWS that 50 to 75 percent of the 14 million consumers who buy their insurance individually can expect to receive a “cancellation” letter or the equivalent over the next year because their existing policies don’t meet the standards mandated by the new health care law. One expert predicts that number could reach as high as 80 percent. And all say that many of those forced to buy pricier new policies will experience “sticker shock.”

BUT OBAMA DIDN'T CARE

“I am always right.”

Since: Oct 09

Former MN Taxpayer

#414 Oct 28, 2013
LIbEralS wrote:
BUT OBAMA DIDN'T CARE
He still doesn't care.
LIbEralS

Minneapolis, MN

#417 Oct 29, 2013
New York doctors are treating ObamaCare like the plague, a new survey reveals.

A poll conducted by the New York State Medical Society finds that 44 percent of MDs said they are not participating in the nation’s new health-care plan.

Another 33 percent say they’re still not sure whether to become ObamaCare providers.

Only 23 percent of the 409 physicians queried said they’re taking patients who signed up through health exchanges.

“This is so poorly designed that a lot of doctors are afraid to participate,” said Dr. Sam Unterricht, president of the 29,000-member organization.“There’s a lot of resistance. Doctors don’t know what they’re going to get paid.”

http://nypost.com/2013/10/29/docs-resisting-o...

Rogers, MN

#418 Oct 29, 2013
IrishMN wrote:
<quoted text>
He still doesn't care.
And after he's out of office, lounging on the private beech that he steps out on to from the sunroom of his new mansion in Hawaii, he still will not care.
LIbEralS

Minneapolis, MN

#420 Oct 30, 2013
NEED help signing up for Obamacare? Call a navigator.

ObamaCare screw up sends callers to cupcake shop:

Thanks to ObamaCare, New Yorkers can now get health insurance with rainbow sprinkles.

In yet another bungle for the botched government insurance rollout, the state Health Department has mistakenly listed numerous non-health-related business as enrollment sites — including a Brooklyn cupcake shop that has been besieged by callers.

“I have nothing to do with this,” said Carmen Rodriguez owner of Brooklyn Cupcake in Williamsburg.“I run a very busy establishment, and I’m like, what is going on?”

In nearby Red Hook, the dispatcher for a limo company was equally puzzled at finding his company to be among those listed as enrollment sites.

“If you want me to get you a car, I can help you out,” said Allen Amor of Apex Car & Limo. But ObamaCare? Sorry, wrong number.

Marco Abad, of Zambrand Auto Repair in Sunset Park, said he didn’t even realize his business was among those listed.

“That’s something crazy, because we fix cars over here,” he said.

Amar Git, owner of Desi Deli in Hell’s Kitchen, said he couldn’t possibly help navigate ObamaCare because he doesn’t have insurance himself.

READ MORE AT:
http://nypost.com/2013/10/30/businesses-overw...

Rogers, MN

#421 Oct 30, 2013
LIbEralS wrote:
Thanks to ObamaCare, New Yorkers can now get health insurance with rainbow sprinkles.
In yet another bungle for the botched government insurance rollout, the state Health Department has mistakenly listed numerous non-health-related business as enrollment sites — including a Brooklyn cupcake shop that has been besieged by callers.
“I have nothing to do with this,” said Carmen Rodriguez owner of Brooklyn Cupcake in Williamsburg.“I run a very busy establishment, and I’m like, what is going on?”
In nearby Red Hook, the dispatcher for a limo company was equally puzzled at finding his company to be among those listed as enrollment sites.
“If you want me to get you a car, I can help you out,” said Allen Amor of Apex Car & Limo. But ObamaCare? Sorry, wrong number.
Marco Abad, of Zambrand Auto Repair in Sunset Park, said he didn’t even realize his business was among those listed.
Amar Git, owner of Desi Deli in Hell’s Kitchen, said he couldn’t possibly help navigate ObamaCare because he doesn’t have insurance himself.
READ MORE AT:
Now that's some funny, funny, stuff.
Theres hope

Minneapolis, MN

#422 Oct 30, 2013
LIbEralS wrote:
READ MORE AT:
Soo you can get ACA and a cupcake. Eat it to.

I trust Barrak cleared the unhealthy food (cupcake) linkage to the ACA with Moochelle. If not he might not get any for awhile, ;-(.
LIbEralS

Saint Paul, MN

#424 Oct 30, 2013
Now we understand WHY we haven't heard from the insurance industry:

Sources: White House told insurance execs to keep quiet on Obamacare

White House officials have pressured insurance industry executives to keep quiet amid mounting criticism over Obamacare's rollout, insurance industry sources told CNN.

After insurance officials publicly criticized the implementation, White House staffers contacted insurers to express their displeasure, industry insiders said.

Multiple sources declined to speak publicly about the push back because they fear retribution.

But Bob Laszewski, who heads a consulting firm for big insurance companies, did talk on the record.

"The White House is exerting massive pressure on the industry, including the trade associations, to keep quiet," he said.

Laszewski, who's been a vocal critic of Obamacare, said he's been asked by insurance executives to speak out because they feel defenseless against an administration that is regulating their business -- and a big customer.

Government-backed plans accounted for about half of health care policies last year, a number that is expected to grow over the years.

White House spokesman Jay Carney said the idea that administration officials are trying to silence insurance industry insiders is "preposterous and inaccurate." He added that Laszewski has been a vocal critic of health care reform for two decades.

"Plus, it ignores the fact that every day insurance companies are out talking about the law -- in large part because they are trying to reach millions of new customers who will now have new affordable insurance options available from providers through the new Market Places," Carney said.

READ MORE:

http://www.cnn.com/2013/10/30/politics/obamac...

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!
LIbEralS

Saint Paul, MN

#428 Oct 31, 2013
Many top hospitals are simply opting out of Obamacare.

The Obama Administration has been claiming that insurance companies will be competing for your dollars under the Affordable Care Act, but apparently they haven't surveyed the nation's top hospitals.

Americans who sign up for Obamacare will be getting a big surprise if they expect to access premium health care that may have been previously covered under their personal policies. MOST of the TOP hospitals will accept insurance from just one or two companies operating under Obamacare.

Watchdog.org looked at the top 18 hospitals nationwide as ranked by U.S. News and World Report for 2013-2014. We contacted each hospital to determine their contracts and talked to several insurance companies, as well.

The result of our investigation: Many top hospitals are simply opting out of Obamacare.

http://health.usnews.com/health-news/hospital...

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!
LIbEralS

Saint Paul, MN

#430 Nov 2, 2013
I’d Rather Close My Practice Than Accept Obamacare:

Surgery Center of Oklahoma Medical Director, Dr. Keith Smith believes the Affordable Care Act is designed to fail. And he says his decision to go independent is his best choice yet.

"More and more companies are running away from Obamacare to this oasis called self-funding," said Dr. Keith Smith of Surgery Center of Oklahoma.

Smith won't cover it up.

"We don't believe the government has any role in health care," said Smith.

http://www.news9.com/story/23856653/oklahoma-...

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Minneapolis Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Global warming 'undeniable,' scientists say (Jul '10) 2 min Patriot AKA Bozo 37,803
Seeking 5 hr KyTEE 1
Threads Gone I'm Gone 17 hr figgypops 5
Liberals crying over trump comments again Wed God 38
Megyn Kelly's mysterious Olympics benching by N... Jan 16 Me Too 7
Libs behind Hawaii fake alert Jan 15 FBI Dirty - Trump... 11
Obama tries to suck up to Prince Harry Jan 15 Seattle Slew 70

Minneapolis Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Minneapolis Mortgages