The train wreck called ObamaCare

Since: Sep 11

Rogers, MN

#339 Oct 2, 2013
LIbEralS wrote:
SUCCESS registering for OBAMACARE:
Sheehan’s full Facebook post reads;
“I actually made it through this morning at 8:00 A.M. I have a preexisting condition (Type 1 Diabetes) and my income base was 45K-55K annually I chose tier 2 “Silver Plan” and my monthly premiums came out to $597.00 with $13,988 yearly deductible!!! There is NO POSSIBLE way that I can afford this so I “opt-out” and chose to continue along with no insurance.
I received an email tonight at 5:00 P.M. informing me that my fine would be $4,037 and could be attached to my yearly income tax return. Then you make it to the “REPERCUSSIONS PORTION” for “non-payment” of yearly fine. First, your drivers license will be suspended until paid, and if you go 24 consecutive months with “Non-Payment” and you happen to be a home owner, you will have a federal tax lien placed on your home. You can agree to give your bank information so that they can easy “Automatically withdraw” your “penalties” weekly, bi-weekly or monthly! This by no means is “Free” or even “Affordable.”
This will probably go down and the single largest tax hike on the middle class ever.

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!
LIbEralS

Saint Paul, MN

#343 Oct 7, 2013
LOW INFORMATION Obamacare Supporter: "Of Course I Want People to Have Health Care, I Just Didn’t Realize I Would Be the One Who Was Going to Pay for It Personally"

Cindy Vinson, of San Jose, Calif., will reportedly pay $1,800 more each year for an individual policy. Additionally, Tom Waschura, of Portola Valley, Calif., will pay nearly $10,000 more for insurance to cover his family of four.

Both of the California residents “vote independent and are proud to say they helped elect and re-elect President Barack Obama,” according to the San Jose Mercury News. They also both anticipated their rates would go up, just not so drastically.

Waschura said he was “laughing” at House Speaker John Boehner (R-Ohio) and Republicans until he got his new rates in the mail.

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!
LIbEralS Half Truth

Phoenix, AZ

#344 Oct 7, 2013
Here's the part of the story that the Polar Putz DIDN'T share with you:

"Some people will see an increase who are already on the individual market purchasing insurance," he said, "but most people will not."

Covered California officials note that at least 570,000 of the 1.9 million people who buy their own insurance should be eligible for subsidies that will reduce their premiums.

Even those who don't qualify for the tax subsidies could see their rates
O'Connor Hospital health benefits resource center staff member Araceli Martinez, left, and Duc Pham, right, talk with Maria Urquidez, in red, about healthcare information as the Affordable Care Act launches nationwide Oct. 1, 2013.(Josie Lepe/Staff)
drop because Obamacare doesn't allow insurers to charge people more if they have pre-existing conditions such as diabetes and cancer, he said.

People like Marilynn Gray-Raine.

The 64-year-old Danville artist, who survived breast cancer, has purchased health insurance for herself for decades. She watched her Anthem Blue Cross monthly premiums rise from $317 in 2005 to $1,298 in 2013. But she found out last week from the Covered California site that her payments will drop to about $795 a month.

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!
LIbEralS

Saint Paul, MN

#346 Oct 8, 2013
‘Navigators’ raise identity theft risk

Growing concerns about identity theft and fraud have led the Illinois Department of Insurance to issue a public warning, just as the new health insurance exchanges enter their implementation phase.

Concern focuses on those charged with assisting Illinoisans with enrollment to the new health insurance exchanges, the so-called “navigators.”

http://www.myjournalcourier.com/news/local/na...

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!
LIbEralS

Saint Paul, MN

#347 Oct 9, 2013
The tide is turning:

CNN anchor Wolf Blitzer said the White House should take Republicans’ suggestion and delay Obamacare due to the poor performance of the websites that are facilitating it.“If they weren’t fully ready, they should accept the advice that a lot of Republicans are giving them — delay it another year, get it ready, and make sure it works,” Blitzer said Wednesday.

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!

“copyright -calvin- 2013”

a lot closer than you think

#349 Oct 9, 2013
LIbEralS wrote:
The tide is turning:
CNN anchor Wolf Blitzer said the White House should take Republicans’ suggestion and delay Obamacare due to the poor performance of the websites that are facilitating it.“If they weren’t fully ready, they should accept the advice that a lot of Republicans are giving them — delay it another year, get it ready, and make sure it works,” Blitzer said Wednesday.
You apparently did not get the memo from the Koch brothers and Paul Ryan: you're off the defund Obamacare message and back to your old screw the poor and old message.

Please try to keep up here....

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!
LIbEralS

Saint Paul, MN

#350 Oct 9, 2013
-calvin- wrote:
<quoted text>
You apparently did not get the memo from the Koch brothers and Paul Ryan: you're off the defund Obamacare message and back to your old screw the poor and old message.
Please try to keep up here....
More like you are grasping at straws. The progressive message is starting to wear a little thin...

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!
LIbEralS

Saint Paul, MN

#352 Oct 9, 2013
James Woods : “This President is a true abomination. To have barricaded the WW2 vets, but allow illegal aliens privilege...”

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!

#354 Oct 9, 2013
LIbEralS wrote:
<quoted text>
More like you are grasping at straws. The progressive message is starting to wear a little thin...
How about when the GOP agrees to a no conditions debt limit extension you can tell us what it's like to eat $#1T. It's gonna happen: no doubt about it.

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!

#356 Oct 9, 2013
Huh wrote:
<quoted text>
Get a job and work for a living. Quit mooching off of middle class tax payers. Only then will dopers like you know what the real world is like.
In the words of the great Jason Lewis:

"I pay more in taxes in a month than you make in a year"

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!
LIbEralS

Saint Paul, MN

#359 Oct 10, 2013
$634,320,919 doesn't buy much anymore does it.

It’s been one full week since the flagship technology portion of the Affordable Care Act (Obamacare) went live. And since that time, the befuddled beast that is Healthcare.gov has shutdown, crapped out, stalled, and mis-loaded so consistently that its track record for failure is challenged only by Congress.

The exact cost to build Healthcare.gov , according to U.S. government records, appears to have been $634,320,919, which we paid to a company you probably never heard of: CGI Federal. The company originally won the contract back in 2011, but at that time, the cost was expected to run “up to”$93.7 million – still a chunk of change, but nothing near where it apparently ended up.

Read more: http://www.digitaltrends.com/opinion/obamacar...
Follow us:@digitaltrends on Twitter | digitaltrendsftw on Facebook

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!

#361 Oct 10, 2013
Huh wrote:
<quoted text>
You lie about everything. It holds that you would lie about having a real job too. By the way, a real job is one that produces products or services in the private sector. Being a Community Organizer does not qualify as a real job.
I'll indulge you with way more than you deserve:

Grew up in MN.

Dad died when I was very young

Single parent household, Social Security survivor benefit and VA death benefit was primary source of household income.

Supplemented by my Mom's work as a waitress.

Minneapolis Public Schools
U of MN Undergrad
U of MN Grad school
Very good grad school teachers enabled good job in the PRIVATE SECTOR

One job led to another, led to small business that has grown nicely.

And now:

And you know what, jerk off?

I cheerfully pay those taxes because the social safety net saved my family when we needed it and to complain about others would be pure hypocrisy: You know like those Mitt Romney business owners who joined in on the "You didn't build it" attack on Obama and conveniently left out all the government loans, contracts and grants that got them where they are. Well, I get none of that now; but, we did get a little blue punch card SS check for $168.00 a month in the early 60s and I appreciated it then and now.

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!
LIbEralS

Saint Paul, MN

#369 Oct 11, 2013
Just 51,000 people completed Obamacare applications during the website's first week, out of tens of millions of Americans in 36 states

The open enrollment period for Obamacare coverage is slated to last for six months. If the first week's total were an indication of how many Americans will sign up during that time through the Obama administration's website, its final tally would reach a paltry 1.32 million.

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-24525 ...
Follow us:@MailOnline on Twitter | DailyMail on Facebook

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!
LIbEralS

Saint Paul, MN

#370 Oct 11, 2013
With ObamCare, you don't need doctors.

Thousands of doctors fired by United HealthCare:

NEW HAVEN, Conn.(WTNH)-- In the midst of major changes in health care, UnitedHealthCare has sent thousands of pink slips to Connecticut doctors.

Termination letters went to physicians caring for Medicare patients. Those letters were sent out to doctors caring for 'Medicare Advantage' patients. It's a plan, marketed to Seniors to provide additional services through UnitedHealthCare.

A mix of primary care and specialty doctors are affected by it. And it comes at a questionable time.

Open enrollment for Medicare starts next Tuesday, and it's still not clear at this time as to which doctors are still in the United network.

http://www.wtnh.com/news/health/thousands-of-...

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!
LIbEralS

Saint Paul, MN

#373 Oct 11, 2013
Schmahl lies wrote:
<quoted text>I thought ObamaCares was national, funny you're using local news to make a point, that simple isn't there....
Weekly trip to the library?

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!
LIbEralS

Saint Paul, MN

#374 Oct 11, 2013
-calvin- wrote:
<quoted text>
I'll indulge you with way more than you deserve:
Grew up in MN.
Dad died when I was very young
Single parent household, Social Security survivor benefit and VA death benefit was primary source of household income.
Supplemented by my Mom's work as a waitress.
Minneapolis Public Schools
U of MN Undergrad
U of MN Grad school
Very good grad school teachers enabled good job in the PRIVATE SECTOR
One job led to another, led to small business that has grown nicely.
And now:
And you know what, jerk off?
I cheerfully pay those taxes because the social safety net saved my family when we needed it and to complain about others would be pure hypocrisy: You know like those Mitt Romney business owners who joined in on the "You didn't build it" attack on Obama and conveniently left out all the government loans, contracts and grants that got them where they are. Well, I get none of that now; but, we did get a little blue punch card SS check for $168.00 a month in the early 60s and I appreciated it then and now.
Your story is a good example of how the system was designed to work. Unfortunately, the system only works that way for a small fraction of the millions and millions of voters living off of the government today.

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!
LIbEralS

Saint Paul, MN

#377 Oct 11, 2013
-calvin- wrote:
<quoted text>
Perhaps, for a liberal such as yourself, a more fitting person to quote is Cindy Vinson of San Jose, California:

"Of Course I Want People to Have Health Care, I Just Didn’t Realize I Would Be the One Who Was Going to Pay for It Personally"

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!
LIbEralS

Saint Paul, MN

#379 Oct 11, 2013
Yet ANOTHER covert change to ObamaCare:

You'll have to get coverage by Valentine's Day or thereabouts to avoid penalties for being uninsured, the Obama administration confirmed Wednesday.

That's about six weeks earlier than a March 31 deadline often cited previously.

Of course, this wasn't announced by the administration, it was pointed out by Jackson Hewitt, the tax preparation company.

http://bigstory.ap.org/article/govt-clarifies...

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!
LIbEralS

Saint Paul, MN

#382 Oct 13, 2013
I don't know how doctors are getting by with the old system. Thank goodness for ObamaCare!

With the implementation of Obamacare, doctors will soon be required to use roughly 122,000 new medical diagnostic codes to inform the federal government of injuries sustained by Americans.

Physicians currently have about 18,000 medical diagnostic codes, called ICD-9, to choose from to help them inform insurers of their patients’ ailments. Obamacare will REQUIRE physicians to adopt roughly 122,000 new codes — and some of them sound downright ridiculous.

Included among these codes will be 312 new codes for injuries from animals; 72 new codes for injuries just from birds; 9 new codes for injuries from the macaw, a new code for walking into a lamppost. And a code for walking into a lamppost subsequent encounter.

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!
LIbEralS

Minneapolis, MN

#384 Oct 16, 2013
Delaware officials are celebrating the Delaware health exchange's first enrollee!

At the the rate of one enrollee every two weeks, this could take a while...

http://www.sfgate.com/news/article/Delaware-h...

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Minneapolis Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Obama & BLM mourn monstor Fidel Castro 4 min Drumpf 67
BLM urge rioting over OSU SHOOTING 2 hr Drumpf 32
California Dems Block Gang Member Database 22 hr TAAM 1
Drop one word....add one word game (Apr '14) Dec 4 texas pete 628
Get Over It! Dec 3 Evil Roy Slade 10
News Global warming 'undeniable,' scientists say (Jul '10) Dec 2 Squirtzzz3971 35,607
Child sex ring>Pizzagate>Clinton's>Obama's>FBI ... Dec 1 Georgia 1

Minneapolis Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Minneapolis Mortgages