The train wreck called ObamaCare

“copyright -calvin- 2013”

Since: Sep 11

a lot closer than you think

#298 Sep 26, 2013
Stratagy wrote:
Bronze will get you a pine box and burial in a land fill.
Just the facts....

Bronze plan: Will pay about 60% of the cost of the plan's benefits; the consumer pays the rest in deductibles, copays and coinsurance.

Silver plan: Will pay about 70% of the enrollees' health care costs on average; the consumer is responsible for the remaining 30%.

Gold plan: Will pay about 80% of the costs; the consumer is responsible for the remaining 20%.

Platinum plan: Will pay about 90% of the costs; the consumer is responsible for the remaining 10%.

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!

#299 Sep 26, 2013
LIbEralS wrote:
<quoted text>
I would expect no less. Democraps reward their own first. I would think that Minnesota and Gov Dayton will become the poster boys for the effort.
Available to all right wing morons, even those over the age of 26 and living in their mom's basement without health insurance coverage. Thank you President Obama:

Bronze plan: Will pay about 60% of the cost of the plan's benefits; the consumer pays the rest in deductibles, copays and coinsurance.

Silver plan: Will pay about 70% of the enrollees' health care costs on average; the consumer is responsible for the remaining 30%.

Gold plan: Will pay about 80% of the costs; the consumer is responsible for the remaining 20%.

Platinum plan: Will pay about 90% of the costs; the consumer is responsible for the remaining 10%.

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!
Stratagy

Minneapolis, MN

#300 Sep 26, 2013
Like I say, a line box and burial in a land fill.

Do you have any idea how much an office visit costs?

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!

#301 Sep 26, 2013
Stratagy wrote:
Like I say, a line box and burial in a land fill.
Do you have any idea how much an office visit costs?
Absolutely: It costs 60% more for the person not in the Bronze plan.

Sorry boys, this baby is going to start working and one BH Obama will be forever credited for getting it done: You worst case scenario, a legacy.

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!

#302 Sep 26, 2013
From your Commander in Chief:

"The Republican party has just spun itself up around this issue," Obama said. "And the fact is the Republicans' biggest fear at this point is not that Affordable Care Act will fail. What they're worried about is it's going to succeed."

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!
Stratagy

Minneapolis, MN

#305 Sep 26, 2013
Honestly, how many folks who don't now buy insurance will buy Government insurance?

People without insurance won't buy it and being they don't file taxes with the IRS they won't be detected as not paying.

Question: if someone who doesn't buy any health insurance is severely injured, near death, for any reason is taken to a hospital will they treat him/her?

OR will the hospital let the person die because they don't have insurance?

Will this be the start of "Obama Death Panels"?

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!
Stratagy

Minneapolis, MN

#306 Sep 27, 2013
Didn't think that would be that difficult to answer.

Come on Cal, you know all the answers.

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!
background noise

Sacramento, CA

#307 Sep 27, 2013
Stratagy wrote:
Honestly, how many folks who don't now buy insurance will buy Government insurance?
People without insurance won't buy it and being they don't file taxes with the IRS they won't be detected as not paying.
Question: if someone who doesn't buy any health insurance is severely injured, near death, for any reason is taken to a hospital will they treat him/her?
OR will the hospital let the person die because they don't have insurance?
Will this be the start of "Obama Death Panels"?
Yes. They will be treated. It will cost you, and it will cost me, just like it always has. The difference is, the rest of us will be forced to pay more for our insurance for less coverage, more out of pocket expenses, and less choices. Ain't America great?

As for your no pay question, what could happen is those who do file taxes will have any refunds due them offset as a way to pay fines. But, this is easily remedied by adjusting withholdings so there is no refund at the end of the year. Again, those who refuse to buy insurance and refuse to file taxes will be paid for on the backs of the taxpayers and current insurance holders, just as they always have. And, more than likely, it's going to be the very same people.

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!
Stratagy

Minneapolis, MN

#308 Sep 27, 2013
background noise wrote:
<quoted text>
Yes. They will be treated. It will cost you, and it will cost me, just like it always has. The difference is, the rest of us will be forced to pay more for our insurance for less coverage, more out of pocket expenses, and less choices. Ain't America great?
As for your no pay question, what could happen is those who do file taxes will have any refunds due them offset as a way to pay fines. But, this is easily remedied by adjusting withholdings so there is no refund at the end of the year. Again, those who refuse to buy insurance and refuse to file taxes will be paid for on the backs of the taxpayers and current insurance holders, just as they always have. And, more than likely, it's going to be the very same people.
Thanks!!

Assumed that is how it would work, no real change from now.

A friend was in the Duluth Saint Mary's CCU and the patient in the same room was from Canada. Turns out the Canuk was a fishing guide living in a cabin on northren upper Manitu Lake. He had a heart attack and was flown by float plane to International Falls and by jet helicopter to Saint Mary's in Duluth.

According to the Canuk the Canadian Government pays for all the care he gets in the good old USA. Makes me wonder if all the Canuks will be requirered to buy ObamaCare?

Distance might be a factor but maybe the Canadian Government outsources healthcare to the USA because it's cheaper? Face it a jet chopper and a CCU isn't cheap.

How will ObamaCare reduce these Canadian socialized medicine costs?

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!

#309 Sep 27, 2013
Stratagy wrote:
<quoted text>
Thanks!!

How will ObamaCare reduce these Canadian socialized medicine costs?
Is this a major concern of yours? If this is a significant point (must be or you wouldn't have brought it up) we can pretty much declare Obamacare victory when moron's like you say:

"YEAH, BUT WHAT ABOUT THE COST TO CANADA FOR CARE IN THE US"

Huh??? Who cares.

Like our Commander in Chief told us: you morons are deathly afraid that Obamacare will work and again show far right conservatives as clueless how to do anything useful in government other than get elected.

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!
LIbEralS

Saint Paul, MN

#311 Sep 27, 2013
background noise wrote:
<quoted text>
Riiiiiight. That's exactly what those of us, on the left and the right, who disagree with the unaffordable care act, are afraid of. That it will work. Yep. You got us.
Next, you lefties are going to accuse anyone who's against Obamacare as racist. Oh wait. You already tried that. And your idiotic statement shown above proves you understand nothing about what the right stands for, and your life plan is sitting around with your hand out, waiting for good old Uncle Sam to give you some more "free" stuff. And you call conservatives clueless. Get a life.
I've come to expect this type of denial of Obamabots. It really doesn't matter what is best for America, or what the desire of the people really is, if the "great one" is for it, that is all that matters. And this issue crosses all party lines!

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!

#312 Sep 27, 2013
background noise wrote:
<quoted text>
Riiiiiight. That's exactly what those of us, on the left and the right, who disagree with the unaffordable care act, are afraid of. That it will work. Yep. You got us.
Next, you lefties are going to accuse anyone who's against Obamacare as racist. Oh wait. You already tried that. And your idiotic statement shown above proves you understand nothing about what the right stands for, and your life plan is sitting around with your hand out, waiting for good old Uncle Sam to give you some more "free" stuff. And you call conservatives clueless. Get a life.
And you fully endorse the status quo of our current healthcare system where we pay the most of any developed nation and get results that are only average. I guess your just another spendthrift right wing phony: If you like something, no amount of money would be a waste in your eyes and if you don't like it, it's all waste. Your irate over food stamps and yet sat perfectly silent when we sent 100 times that money down a rat hole in Iraq.

The current healthcare system is messed up and if Obama had completely ignored healthcare in 2008-2012 and Romney won in 2012 and right now announced to the country that he is going to implement the Heritage Foundation and his ideas from MA across the country, you morons would be 100% behind it. It is the messenger and yes you're right a middle of the road African American Democrat ain't exactly someone you tea bagging hillbillies care to listen to.

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!
LIbEralS

Saint Paul, MN

#320 Sep 28, 2013
OBAMA'S Top 4 WHOPPERS

- If you like your doctor, you will be able to keep your doctor. Period.

- If you like your health care plan, you will be able to keep your health care plan. Period. No one will take it away. No matter what.

- There's no widespread evidence that the Affordable Care Act is hurting jobs.

- ObamaCare will make health insurance affordable.

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!
hittleds

Pittsburgh, PA

#322 Sep 28, 2013
youtube.com/watch... ……………………… This is amazing
LIbEralS

Saint Paul, MN

#326 Sep 29, 2013
WHO stands to cash in BIG with Obamacare?

OK, we can start with the big 2, Buffett and Soros. No surprise there...

The latest 13F filings show that last quarter Soros' fund, Soros Group Management, bought 125,000 shares of Gilead Sciences, a research-based biopharmaceutical company that discovers, develops and markets medicines. The fund also purchased 250,000 shares of pharmaceutical giant Merck, 100,000 shares of Bristol-Myers Squibb, and two of his top 10 holdings now include Johnson & Johnson and WebMD.

In addition, filings show that in the year since Obamacare passed Buffet's Berkshire Hathaway bought 5.67 million shares of DaVita HealthCare Partners, a leading provider of kidney dialysis services.

What other BILLIONAIRS stand to clean up?

In the 12 months after Obamacare passed Carl Icahn has snatched up 4.3 million shares of drug manufacturer Forest Labs, which is Icahn's fourth largest holding. Icahn also holds 5.9 million shares of Enzon Pharmaceuticals and 6.7 million shares of WebMD.

Billionaire Ken Fisher of Fisher Asset Management bought over 9.8 million shares of Pfizer, the quarter immediately following the passage of Obamacare.

Billionaire David Einhorn who heads Greenlight Capital bought 6.7 million shares of health insurer Aetna and 4.9 million shares of its competitor Cigna in the past year.

John Paulson of Paulson & Co. has caught on as well this past year, buying 6.5 million shares of Aetna, and 963,000 shares of Jazz Pharmaceuticals, a specialty biopharmaceutical company.

Finally, in the past 12 months billionaire Leon Cooperman of Omega Advisors has bought 945,827 shares of Express Scripts, the largest distributor of prescription drugs.

In addition, filings show that in the year since Obamacare passed Buffet's Berkshire Hathaway bought 5.67 million shares of DaVita HealthCare Partners, a leading provider of kidney dialysis services.

http://moneymorning.com/ob-article/obamacare-...

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!
ASA GROUNDED 787

Minneapolis, MN

#327 Sep 29, 2013
Motorcyles will be banned by Obamacare. Too many injuries.

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!

#329 Sep 30, 2013
background noise wrote:
<quoted text>
Nice rant. I don't have time or inclination to stoop to your asinine, childish level. But I never mentioned food stamps and I never mentioned Iraq. You know nothing about my opinion of those subjects, nor are they relevant to the conversation. I never have supported RomneyCare, nor would I have if Romney were elected. But nice job playing the race card, anyway. A good lefty will never let that opportunity go to waste.
Now it's your turn. Continue to prove how clearly uninformed you really are.
I agree, you don't have the time, inclination or mental capacity to argue your points. Which is a Tea Bagger art form: no room for negotiation or compromise because you are all too effing stupid to defend your rattle brained core beliefs. Instead you all act like spoiled 3 year olds ranting and raving till you get your way. Sorry pal, you ain't getting your way this time: ObamaCare is the law of the land: live with it loser.

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!
LIbEralS

Saint Paul, MN

#334 Oct 1, 2013
Day ONE

Few details Tuesday about the technical problems that locked consumers out of new health insurance marketplaces.

MSNBC’s Mara Schiavocampo ran into difficulties as she tried to sign up for the newly launched health-care exchanges on Tuesday. After getting an error message on the website, she called the help line twice, but wasn’t able to reach a navigator on the other end. Instead, she was put on hold for 35 minutes.

Grady Memorial Hospital in Atlanta faces a $45 million funding loss directly related to a new health care law designed to benefit the hospital.

BUT IT IS ALL OK because Obama now says Obamacare will bring months of ‘glitches’.

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!
LIbEralS

Saint Paul, MN

#337 Oct 2, 2013
SUCCESS registering for OBAMACARE:

Sheehan’s full Facebook post reads;

“I actually made it through this morning at 8:00 A.M. I have a preexisting condition (Type 1 Diabetes) and my income base was 45K-55K annually I chose tier 2 “Silver Plan” and my monthly premiums came out to $597.00 with $13,988 yearly deductible!!! There is NO POSSIBLE way that I can afford this so I “opt-out” and chose to continue along with no insurance.

I received an email tonight at 5:00 P.M. informing me that my fine would be $4,037 and could be attached to my yearly income tax return. Then you make it to the “REPERCUSSIONS PORTION” for “non-payment” of yearly fine. First, your drivers license will be suspended until paid, and if you go 24 consecutive months with “Non-Payment” and you happen to be a home owner, you will have a federal tax lien placed on your home. You can agree to give your bank information so that they can easy “Automatically withdraw” your “penalties” weekly, bi-weekly or monthly! This by no means is “Free” or even “Affordable.”

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!
LIbEralS

Saint Paul, MN

#338 Oct 2, 2013
Now we know WHY the IRS is hiring - enforcers.

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Minneapolis Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Obama's America 3 hr TAAM 85
News Global warming 'undeniable,' scientists say (Jul '10) 8 hr litesong 35,554
MTV racial Profiling Video Jul 21 Fiona Flapjack 2
Nice was isis Jul 20 haha 2
Crooked hillary bribes officials Jul 20 Phineas 17
News Father Of Fatally Shot 2-Year-Old Arrested Jul 20 Pope Benedicktum 19
News Spouses have bathroom privacy rights, Minnesota... (Mar '10) Jul 19 Phineas 40

Minneapolis Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Minneapolis Mortgages