NFL mock draft: With the 12th pick in the first round, the Minnesota Vikings select ...

There are 146 comments on the TwinCities.com story from Apr 15, 2011, titled NFL mock draft: With the 12th pick in the first round, the Minnesota Vikings select .... In it, TwinCities.com reports that:

2. Denver Marcell Dareus , DT, Alabama: A tremendous run stopper and pass rusher who will fit nicely into the Broncos' new 4-3 defense.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at TwinCities.com.

First Prev
of 8
Next Last

Since: May 10

United States

#1 Apr 15, 2011
Cam Newton as the first overall selected? I don't think so. The others are all wrong too.
Mark

Minneapolis, MN

#2 Apr 15, 2011
Picking Cam Newton first overall is like firing yourself.
George Johnson

United States

#3 Apr 15, 2011
The vikings should draft Ryan Mallet. He is probably the best quaterback for them. The others have a lot of talent but are raw. We cannot wait 3 years for Jake Locker to develop velocity. Gabbert and Newton are also raw. I hope the vikings trade down and draft Ryan Mallet. He has the ability and of all the rookies is most ready to step in. If the vikings are going to take anyone else- they need to find a veteran starter.
DuluthVikesFan

San Carlos, CA

#4 Apr 15, 2011
I hope it doesn't turn out this way. I'm thinking we either need to pick up Locker or Mallet. It's kind of risky to trade down because of Miami sitting there just a few picks behind us. It might be a reach for either, but I'm in favor standing pat and picking one of these two guys.
MinnesooooOTa

Saint Paul, MN

#5 Apr 15, 2011
I disagree with this mock draft. Cam wont go #1 guaranteed.

Also, please please do not draft a CB. Please please do not trade picks for over the hill McNabb.

Also please please do not trade away #1 pick to gain a 3rd. Last I checked the last time we moved back in the draft we got a guy named Cook and all he did for the Vikes last year was got hurt and arrested.

oh 1 more thing. TRADE ADRIAN. Average life span of a RB is 3-5 years. Time to Rebuild and get top Players and a Top QB. Dont believe me. look at the RBs who won a Super Bowl recently, then look at the QBs!
George Johnson

United States

#6 Apr 15, 2011
DuluthVikesFan wrote:
I hope it doesn't turn out this way. I'm thinking we either need to pick up Locker or Mallet. It's kind of risky to trade down because of Miami sitting there just a few picks behind us. It might be a reach for either, but I'm in favor standing pat and picking one of these two guys.
I think you're right one. Nowadays teams that win in the NFL have a good quarterback. It's worth the 12th pick-(I course Locker's accuracy is terrible)- plus many early draft picks never turn out anyways. Drafting a quarterback is high risk- super high reward.
HuskerMac

Litchfield, MN

#7 Apr 15, 2011
Prince Amakamura would be a great pick. I saw him play in Lincoln several times, and he is the real deal, but the Vikings need to draft a quarterback. I don't think Mallet will be there if they trade down. He had monster games in the SEC, so he may be one of the rare players that can step in and adjust quickly to the speed of the NFL.
Jacob Naasz

Tucson, AZ

#8 Apr 15, 2011
I like the Prince Amukamara to the Vikes or the trade down to pick up a 3rd round pick and Ryan Mallet!!!
2 thumbs up from me
The real just another day

Saint Paul, MN

#9 Apr 15, 2011
'Prince Amukamara'. 12th round. MN Vikings. I'm not making this up. I can see it now... an NFL talking head trying to pronounce his name. As they say, priceless.....

Saint Paul, MN

#10 Apr 15, 2011
Jacob Naasz wrote:
I like the Prince Amukamara to the Vikes or the trade down to pick up a 3rd round pick and Ryan Mallet!!!
2 thumbs up from me
Just curious, why do the viki's need another 3rd round pick? Oh, wait, the Randy Maw debacle thingie. So, you being a genius, want to: trade a first or second round pick for a.... 3rd round pick. So, in effect, a qb from one of the worst classes in a while, will cost two draft picks. For a guy with huge on- and off- field issues. Go ahead, by all means. He wants to move to LA anyway.

I swear to god, you mudducks are sooooo dumb....
Gophertime

Hopkins, MN

#11 Apr 15, 2011
MinnesooooOTa wrote:
I disagree with this mock draft. Cam wont go #1 guaranteed.
Also, please please do not draft a CB. Please please do not trade picks for over the hill McNabb.
Also please please do not trade away #1 pick to gain a 3rd. Last I checked the last time we moved back in the draft we got a guy named Cook and all he did for the Vikes last year was got hurt and arrested.
oh 1 more thing. TRADE ADRIAN. Average life span of a RB is 3-5 years. Time to Rebuild and get top Players and a Top QB. Dont believe me. look at the RBs who won a Super Bowl recently, then look at the QBs!
You have GOT to be kidding! Trade AP and not have a single high caliber offensive player on the team. I am so glad nuts like you do not make the decisions. Wow, that one is way up there on the stupid meter.
adamh2o

Minneapolis, MN

#12 Apr 15, 2011
The real just another day wrote:
<quoted text>
Just curious, why do the viki's need another 3rd round pick? Oh, wait, the Randy Maw debacle thingie. So, you being a genius, want to: trade a first or second round pick for a.... 3rd round pick. So, in effect, a qb from one of the worst classes in a while, will cost two draft picks. For a guy with huge on- and off- field issues. Go ahead, by all means. He wants to move to LA anyway.
I swear to god, you mudducks are sooooo dumb....
At least we are smart enough to know that mud ducks is two words and don't spell it wrong every single time we post like you do.
Formerscribe

Oregon, WI

#13 Apr 15, 2011
Anybody heard if Favre is coming back?

Got Quarterback? Why, yes, the Packers do.
linus

Evanston, IL

#14 Apr 15, 2011
The Vikings' top CB is 34, and their next two guys (Griffin and Cook) each had two knee injuries in less than a year and finished the season on IR. Amukamara is, by all accounts, a top-10 talent, an ideal fit for the cover-2, and a first-rate human being. If he somehow falls to number 12, the Vikings would be stupid to trade down.

“Vikings Rock”

Since: Jun 08

Smallville, SD

#15 Apr 15, 2011
A top notch CB would be OK with me, although it still leaves a void at QB unless one of them the Vikings like slides to round two.

“Vikings Rock”

Since: Jun 08

Smallville, SD

#16 Apr 15, 2011
George Johnson wrote:
The vikings should draft Ryan Mallet. He is probably the best quaterback for them. The others have a lot of talent but are raw. We cannot wait 3 years for Jake Locker to develop velocity. Gabbert and Newton are also raw. I hope the vikings trade down and draft Ryan Mallet. He has the ability and of all the rookies is most ready to step in. If the vikings are going to take anyone else- they need to find a veteran starter.
I think you meant accuracy, and it's hard to develop it, you either have it or you don't.

Saint Paul, MN

#17 Apr 15, 2011
adamh2o wrote:
<quoted text>
At least we are smart enough to know that mud ducks is two words and don't spell it wrong every single time we post like you do.
Kinda makes you want to want to go swimming down by Stillwater, doesn't it...
Mark

Manassas, VA

#18 Apr 15, 2011
These are plausible and well-reasoned picks except that I don't see Fairley falling to number 8. If the Prince falls as far as 12 and Locker goes to Washington (unlikely on both counts) he would be a great addition to our defensive backfield. The road to health starts on draft day. Skol Vikings.
Mark

Manassas, VA

#19 Apr 15, 2011
CT Viking Fan wrote:
Cam Newton as the first overall selected? I don't think so. The others are all wrong too.
Yes, I think Cam as top pick is a stretch too. We'll see by the end of the month. Skol Vikings.
billy boy

South Saint Paul, MN

#20 Apr 15, 2011
They will probably draft a punter or long snapper and tell us he was the best player available.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 8
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Minneapolis Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Hillary should pay for Benghazi (Apr '14) 7 hr FOVR 36
isis takes over syrian town 7 hr Tellitlikeitis 13
american nationalist party 7 hr Tellitlikeitis 14
News The issues, what happened and what didn't 8 hr Goose 1
Drop one word....add one word game (Apr '14) 8 hr 40ish 247
News Twin Cities 'My Brother's Keeper' focuses on yo... 16 hr FOVR 21
Minneapolis and Saint Paul Tie for First Place ... Fri NoseBone Clooney 1
More from around the web

Minneapolis People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE