Poll finds majority would blame GOP i...

Poll finds majority would blame GOP if deficit negotiations fail

Posted in the Minneapolis Forum

Bob Schmahl

Minneapolis, MN

#1 Dec 4, 2012
A majority of Americans would blame congressional Republicans if Washington fails to reach a deal in deficit talks to avoid the “fiscal cliff,” according to a new poll.

A Washington Post-Pew Research survey released Tuesday finds that 53 percent said they would blame Republicans, while 27 percent said President Obama would be at fault. Twelve percent said the blame should be divided equally between the two sides.

The survey represents added pressure for GOP lawmakers as they seek to rally public support amid the contentious negotiations.

If lawmakers and the president fail to agree on a deficit-reduction package, the nation will see the expiration of the lower Bush-era tax rates and massive automatic spending cuts go into effect in January.

Nearly half of Americans — 49 percent — say they don’t expect Congress and the White House to negotiate a deal before the new year, while 40 percent said they thought a deal would be reached.
Capt Crunch

Sedona, AZ

#2 Dec 4, 2012
What difference does it make if the main stream media blames the Republicans? In the long run it will be obama that will be the villian in this scenario, just as Jimmy (worst president up till now)Carter was blamed for his administration. all good, we never have to worry about another jigger being elected, and the Republicans will enjoy another short period of popularity before the National Republican committee screws it up again.
ist

Duluth, MN

#3 Dec 4, 2012
Who cares? The scumbags finally got something right. Taxes go up, revenue goes up, spending is cut and our deficit goes down. Its exactly what needs to happen and they set it up to go into effect automatically. Now they can act like its a big issue in public but privately know its exactly what we need to do when we need to do it.

I defy anyone to prove how Clinton era tax rates will be so ruinous to the country, and how modest defense cuts and entitlement cuts will spiral us off into anarchy.

Instead of 'fiscal cliff', lets call it 'responsible cash management'.
space ace

Minneapolis, MN

#4 Dec 5, 2012
If the negotiations fail, the Republicans will take the blame and the uproar will cost the GOP control of the house in 2014.

America spoke - higher taxes on the rich and no cuts to Social Security and Medicare. Go against America and suffer the consequences.
Consistent

Grantsburg, WI

#5 Dec 5, 2012
America spoke, and the Majority gave a mandate to those that Represent "The People" against an Authoritarian Royal Presidency that demands a Totalitarian domination of all aspects of our Society, not just the Redistributive intentions of the Handlers of the Royal President with his Class Warfare used as a tool to manipulate the ignorant Demokrat Sheeple on their Plantations.

Thank God that "The People" gave a mandate to the House of Representatives!

Lets all hope that the Grown ups will prevail there, and not be constrained like a Demokrat in fear of the next Erection in 2014.
Amused Slew

Seattle, WA

#8 Dec 5, 2012
Capt Crunch wrote:
What difference does it make if the main stream media blames the Republicans? In the long run it will be obama that will be the villian in this scenario, just as Jimmy (worst president up till now)Carter was blamed for his administration. all good, we never have to worry about another jigger being elected, and the Republicans will enjoy another short period of popularity before the National Republican committee screws it up again.
Sorry pal, the "villian" or villain is still bushwhacker, the Rethuglican't mess maker ~!

Trolls/ball sack boi<quoted text> If you can find a flux capacitor, I will travel back in time with Michael J Fox, log in to Topix, and complain about Bush, Sure! You wont catch me defending Bush. He made PLENTY of mistakes.
I have never said Bush didn't make mistakes. I will even admit that they affected Obama's presidency...

IrishMN <quoted text>
When have you ever seen me beating the drum for Bush by saying he did not start diggin us into the hole we are in?
The best thing Bush did was leave office.
We could not afford 4 more years of GWB.....

Yet, ALL of you hypocrite humper bois CRY, whenever we mention ANY Bush culpability !??? WOW ! What a pair.... Mae West would be proud of you boobs ! LMAOROTF !

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Minneapolis Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Purple Faith: Prince's Life as a Jehovah's Witness 13 min Caciques a liar 550
FOVR funded by soros 1 hr space ace 1
The tolerant left! 2 hr space ace 2
my food was poisoned! 3 hr space ace 2
Social Media 3 hr UncleSam 4
im a loser and a scumbag 4 hr Ted Flanders 2
Adolf H!tler : The Greatest Story Never Told 4 hr space ace 11
More from around the web

Personal Finance

Minneapolis Mortgages