Chris Kluwe: Awesome must-read respon...

Chris Kluwe: Awesome must-read response to homophobe!

Posted in the Minneapolis Forum

Smart Liberal

Chicago, IL

#1 Sep 29, 2012
NFL punter Chris Kluwe does it AGAIN! Awesome must-read response to homophobe!

So many of you may remember earlier this month when Minnesota Vikings punter (and UCLA Bruin) Chris Kluwe wrote one of the most awesome letters ever written to an anti-gay Maryland delegate in support of Baltimore Ravens linebacker Brendon Ayanbadejo (also a UCLA Bruin) for his strong stance in support of gay marriage.

Well, Kluwe did it again. This time, in response to an anti-gay attorney who wrote an opinion piece in the Minneapolis Star-Tribune.

Latin is involved.


I read your opinion piece in today’s Star Tribune, and I would like to take a brief moment of time to offer you some assistance in your future writing endeavors. I can only assume that you’ve never been trained in classical logic, debate techniques, or basic empathy, so I will humbly offer my own meager knowledge in these fields as it relates to your literary masterpiece “Why same-sex marriage affects my marriage”.
You start off strong, with an opening salvo ostensibly promoting the rights of other groups to have their own views (if we ignore the fear-mongering tag line “The goal is to move society — in this case, away from a safe environment for children), but then, much like a Michael Bay plot, your argument starts careening off the rails. Your first mistake is what we would consider “mind projection fallacy”– where one considers the way he sees the world as the way the world really is.

....

When you state that “As we have seen, and understandably so, people in homosexual relationships are trying to change society to more readily embrace and promote their view of their identity. This is possible largely due to the disassociation between sexual relationships and procreation.”, what you’re really saying is “Those gay people do sex things that I find icky, and we should oppress them because they can’t have babies.” You completely ignore the fact that “people in homosexual relationships are trying to change society” not just because they want to have teh buttsecks (or rise and grind for the ladies), but also to avoid, oh I don’t know, things like being tortured and tied to a fencepost until you die (Matthew Shepard), shot to death while attending school (Lawrence King), shot to death for being transgender (Moses King), committing suicide by hanging due to repeated bullying and taunting (Carl Joseph Walker-Hoover), shot to death and burned while standing military guard (Seaman August Provost), stabbed to death after serving in the Vietnam War (James Zappalorti)– every single one of these attacks because of the victim’s sexuality.

....

Which version of “traditional marriage” would you like to use Mr. Balling? Should we go back to ancient Israel and practice polygamy, with a woman’s only right that to own her own tent?

....

Your third logical fallacy, and oh boy does this one crop up all the time, is that of cum hoc ergo propter hoc. Now I’m guessing you may not be up to date on your Latin (or maybe you are, in which case well done!), so if you need help, I’d like to ask the entire class to say it along with me.

CORRELATION DOES NOT IMPLY CAUSATION.

Seriously, you need to read Kluwe's response in full: http://blogs.twincities.com/outofbounds/2012/...
Smart Liberal

Chicago, IL

#3 Sep 30, 2012
It is refreshing to see an NFL player come out in favor of what it right.
Smart Liberal

Minneapolis, MN

#4 Oct 1, 2012
It is refreshing to see an NFL player come out in favor of what it right.
digger

Saint Paul, MN

#5 Oct 1, 2012
KluweLESS is a closet ho-mo. He plays on a pro football team, but tackles like a GIRL. He wears that stupid peach fuzz on his face, which doesn't look manly at all, I think that he is try to be a gay guy magnet. Who cares what the TWIT says.
Seattle Slew

Kent, WA

#6 Oct 1, 2012
Does he tackle better, than you ??? Poor internet bravo.... All mouth, no action.
CRASSUS

Neenah, WI

#7 Oct 1, 2012
Smart Liberal wrote:
It is refreshing to see an NFL player come out in favor of what it right.
Yes. I agree. Matt Birk did a fine job.
digger

Saint Paul, MN

#8 Oct 1, 2012
Seattle Slew wrote:
Does he tackle better, than you ??? Poor internet bravo.... All mouth, no action.
I doubt it... Like I SAID, he tackles like a GIRL...
Seattle Slew

Kent, WA

#9 Oct 1, 2012
digger wrote:
<quoted text>
I doubt it... Like I SAID, he tackles like a GIRL...
You're 1/4 the man either of them is...Funny, you miss the memo ? Actual men, don't care what other adults do in their bedrooms.
Seattle Slew

Kent, WA

#10 Oct 1, 2012
Let me know when YOU make an NFL roster, MOUTH !!!
digger

Saint Paul, MN

#11 Oct 1, 2012
Seattle Slew wrote:
Let me know when YOU make an NFL roster, MOUTH !!!
What?? You want to "mouth" me??
Homosexual Agenda

Minneapolis, MN

#12 Oct 2, 2012
Kluwe sucks you know what.
Seattle Slew

Kent, WA

#13 Oct 2, 2012
So does your mom.
perverts

Minneapolis, MN

#14 Oct 2, 2012
It's obvious that Klewe didn't get a very good education while growing up. Here's the facts that he doesn't understand.

What is a Homosexual?

1: of, relating to, or characterized by a tendency to direct sexual desire toward another of the same sex.

2: of, relating to, or involving sexual intercourse between persons of the same sex.

http://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/hom ...

What is a Pervert?

1a: to cause to turn aside or away from what is good or true or morally right : corrupt

b: to cause to turn aside or away from what is generally done or accepted : misdirect

2a: to divert to a wrong end or purpose : misuse

b: to twist the meaning or sense of : misinterpret

http://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/per ...

What does Moral mean?

1 a: of or relating to principles of right and wrong in behavior : ethical.

b: expressing or teaching a conception of right behavior.

c: conforming to a standard of right behavior.

d: sanctioned by or operative on one's conscience or ethical judgment.

e: capable of right and wrong action.

http://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/mor ...

What is Sexual Perversion?

: activity (as sodomy, fellatio, bestiality) leading to complete sexual gratification that is preferred by an adult to heterosexual coitus.

http://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/sex ...

What is Sodomy?

: anal or oral copulation with a member of the same or opposite sex; also: copulation with an animal.

http://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/sod ...

The question is... should society and the government promote the above definitions by legalizing gay marriage? Just because a certain minority of heterosexuals,(also perverts), may fit the above definitions doesn't mean society and/or the government should promote more of it with their blessing through legalizing SSM.

These facts have nothing to do with the bible but rather common sense.
What

Saint Paul, MN

#15 Oct 2, 2012
dont drop the bar of soap in the mens locker with Slew around.
perverts

Minneapolis, MN

#16 Oct 2, 2012
Smart Liberal wrote:
NFL punter Chris Kluwe does it AGAIN! Awesome must-read response to homophobe!
So many of you may remember earlier this month when Minnesota Vikings punter (and UCLA Bruin) Chris Kluwe wrote one of the most awesome letters ever written to an anti-gay Maryland delegate in support of Baltimore Ravens linebacker Brendon Ayanbadejo (also a UCLA Bruin) for his strong stance in support of gay marriage.
Well, Kluwe did it again. This time, in response to an anti-gay attorney who wrote an opinion piece in the Minneapolis Star-Tribune.
Latin is involved.
I read your opinion piece in today’s Star Tribune, and I would like to take a brief moment of time to offer you some assistance in your future writing endeavors. I can only assume that you’ve never been trained in classical logic, debate techniques, or basic empathy, so I will humbly offer my own meager knowledge in these fields as it relates to your literary masterpiece “Why same-sex marriage affects my marriage”.
You start off strong, with an opening salvo ostensibly promoting the rights of other groups to have their own views (if we ignore the fear-mongering tag line “The goal is to move society — in this case, away from a safe environment for children), but then, much like a Michael Bay plot, your argument starts careening off the rails. Your first mistake is what we would consider “mind projection fallacy”– where one considers the way he sees the world as the way the world really is.
....
When you state that “As we have seen, and understandably so, people in homosexual relationships are trying to change society to more readily embrace and promote their view of their identity. This is possible largely due to the disassociation between sexual relationships and procreation.”, what you’re really saying is “Those gay people do sex things that I find icky, and we should oppress them because they can’t have babies.” You completely ignore the fact that “people in homosexual relationships are trying to change society” not just because they want to have teh buttsecks (or rise and grind for the ladies), but also to avoid, oh I don’t know, things like being tortured and tied to a fencepost until you die (Matthew Shepard), shot to death while attending school (Lawrence King), shot to death for being transgender (Moses King), committing suicide by hanging due to repeated bullying and taunting (Carl Joseph Walker-Hoover), shot to death and burned while standing military guard (Seaman August Provost), stabbed to death after serving in the Vietnam War (James Zappalorti)– every single one of these attacks because of the victim’s sexuality.
....
Which version of “traditional marriage” would you like to use Mr. Balling? Should we go back to ancient Israel and practice polygamy, with a woman’s only right that to own her own tent?
....
Your third logical fallacy, and oh boy does this one crop up all the time, is that of cum hoc ergo propter hoc. Now I’m guessing you may not be up to date on your Latin (or maybe you are, in which case well done!), so if you need help, I’d like to ask the entire class to say it along with me.
CORRELATION DOES NOT IMPLY CAUSATION.
Seriously, you need to read Kluwe's response in full: http://blogs.twincities.com/outofbounds/2012/...
There is so much BS homosexual agenda falsehoods in Klewe's reasoning that I don't have the time to answer all of his BS.

Hey Chris, Exactly how does a polygamous marriage, incestous marriage, minor marriage, and beastiality marriage impact your marriage in the slightest?

Don't be a bigot.
Seattle Slew

Kent, WA

#17 Oct 2, 2012
Funny, you and your "partner" are OUR best example... You're not producing kids ??? You are the biggest loser, GOODBYE !!!
Smart Liberal

Minneapolis, MN

#18 Oct 2, 2012
It is refreshing to see an NFL player come out in favor of what it right.

Poor bigots are losing the race for Romney.

It's America, land of the free, not America, land of the bigots.
perverts

Minneapolis, MN

#19 Oct 2, 2012
Smart Liberal wrote:
It is refreshing to see an NFL player come out in favor of what it right.
Poor bigots are losing the race for Romney.
It's America, land of the free, not America, land of the bigots.
America is becoming the land of the Perverts.
Seattle Slew

Kent, WA

#20 Oct 2, 2012
Yep, folks who mess with other peoples private sex lives =======PERVERTS !!!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Minneapolis Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Mohamed Noor, Somali American cop who allegedly... 15 min Rattlesnake Pete 70
News Global warming 'undeniable,' scientists say (Jul '10) 1 hr Patriot AKA Bozo 37,122
Liberals are trying to destroy america 2 hr LIbEralS 43
Trump Derangement Syndrome TDS 3 hr TAAM 29
Somali brutaliy beats Woman 6 hr Anonyme 74
Bye bye Betsy...Bye bye Betsy 19 hr Minneapolis KILLS 11
I love waking up to a Trump presidency Sun Defeat Elizabeth ... 20

Minneapolis Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Minneapolis Mortgages