Disgraced Host Lands At Fox News

Disgraced Host Lands At Fox News

Posted in the Minneapolis Forum

real space ace

Minneapolis, MN

#1 Jun 20, 2013
Howard Kurtz is leaving CNN and joining Fox News, the network announced Thursday.

Mediaite first reported the news, and an official release from the network soon followed. Kurtz will anchor a new version of the network's weekend media show, currently called "Fox News Watch." Presumably, it will look a lot like "Reliable Sources," the weekend media program he currently hosts.

"I'm excited to be bringing my independent brand of media criticism to Fox News," Kurtz said in a statement.

The New York Times suggested that CNN was interested in parting ways with Kurtz. The Times' Brian Stelter reported:

While [Kurtz] has continued to host 'Reliable Sources,' he has not been under a long-term contract; CNN executives have said that they were not interested in signing him up for another term. They wouldn’t say that publicly, however, lest they anger someone who, as a media reporter, covers CNN and other television networks.
The move, which surprised most media watchers, is the culmination of a rapid transformation in Kurtz's career over the past few months. He was previously the Washington bureau chief for Newsweek and The Daily Beast, and had "Reliable Sources" for years on CNN. But then The Daily Beast fired him last month after a hugely embarrassing editorial error and concerns over the amount of time he was spending on an outside venture, Daily Download.

He was then forced to publicly apologize for his errors and to endure a lengthy grilling on his own CNN show. Fox News, it seems, will be a more welcoming environment.
1776 Defender

Ankeny, IA

#2 Jun 20, 2013
Who's the guy on Fox & Friends that looks like he has down syndrome? It would be nice to have a non liberal alternative without the all out support of the jew lobby and other special intrest groups Fox News caters to (not MSNBC bad but still)

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Minneapolis Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Joe mixon 17 hr Space ace 1
Devin nunes revelation Mar 23 Space ace 6
The Quit Cash Challenge - Quit Smoking and Win ... (Sep '11) Mar 22 Donna rhoda 32
Ellison Topix's Favorite Loser! Mar 21 Davycrockett 2
Depressed space ace finds comfort in fact he is... Mar 21 cowboy chris 2
Trump's ICE Declined Detainer Report Mar 21 cowboy chris 2
Minneapolis warming winters by 5 degrees in 20 ... Mar 21 cowboy chris 3

Minneapolis Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Minneapolis Mortgages