Asia Pacific Region Hit By Creeping Epidemic Of Obesity

Feb 21, 2013 Full story: MediLexicon 11

Over eating, sedentary lifestyles, cultural attitudes, and lack of prevention programmes are to blame for the rising epidemic of obesity in the Asia Pacific region.

Full Story
AntiMelting

New Richmond, WI

#1 Feb 21, 2013
That's surprising. I figured the media would blame either the US or climate change.
Bushwhacker

Seattle, WA

#2 Feb 21, 2013
Why write above your pay grade, just smoke and get drunk.
Vaccines Cause Autism

Winnipeg, Canada

#4 Feb 21, 2013
Probably lots of vaccine caused autism too.

Since: Jul 10

Minneapolis, MN

#5 Feb 22, 2013
Vaccines Cause Autism wrote:
Probably lots of vaccine caused autism too.
you ARE clueless. scientists disproved that urban legend.
.
finding a autistic child in a family of normals. is like finding the one blue eyed child in a family of brown eyes. unless the parents have a form of autism as well. the main one that does that is high functioning autism. the one currently called asperger's syndrome.
.
http://www.onthemedia.org/2012/may/11/why-myt... Friday, May 11, 2012
Scientists have firmly established that childhood vaccines do not cause autism,
.
as for the obesity in Asian areas. until we came along with the convenience of Micky D's and other forms of fatty sandwiches. they were eating much healthier over there.
.
as well as they had the idea of good living being fat. it showed that you had the wealth to spend on a large amount of food. until recently over there. it was the wealthy that had heart diseases.
Vaccines Cause Autism

Winnipeg, Canada

#6 Feb 22, 2013
Sangelia wrote:
<quoted text>
you ARE clueless. scientists disproved that urban legend.
.
finding a autistic child in a family of normals. is like finding the one blue eyed child in a family of brown eyes. unless the parents have a form of autism as well. the main one that does that is high functioning autism. the one currently called asperger's syndrome.
.
http://www.onthemedia.org/2012/may/11/why-myt... Friday, May 11, 2012
Scientists have firmly established that childhood vaccines do not cause autism,
.
as for the obesity in Asian areas. until we came along with the convenience of Micky D's and other forms of fatty sandwiches. they were eating much healthier over there.
.
as well as they had the idea of good living being fat. it showed that you had the wealth to spend on a large amount of food. until recently over there. it was the wealthy that had heart diseases.
Thanks for the stool sample DR DUH.

Since: Jul 10

Minneapolis, MN

#7 Feb 22, 2013
Vaccines Cause Autism wrote:
<quoted text>Thanks for the stool sample DR DUH.
sorry. but reason I know what I do about autism. is that aspergers is part of the Autism Spectrum. something I deal with on a personal level. as well as being from a long line of aspies. as well as being the parent of one.
.
after finding out about it being part and parcel of my DNA. I started researching more into it. this includes talking to others who also have it.
.
right now I'm doing a bit of it for my daughter's teachers. so they can also have more info on it.
WARNING FDA APPROVED

Winnipeg, Canada

#8 Feb 22, 2013
Sangelia wrote:
<quoted text>
sorry. but reason I know what I do about autism. is that aspergers is part of the Autism Spectrum. something I deal with on a personal level. as well as being from a long line of aspies. as well as being the parent of one.
.
after finding out about it being part and parcel of my DNA. I started researching more into it. this includes talking to others who also have it.
.
right now I'm doing a bit of it for my daughter's teachers. so they can also have more info on it.
But you're full of krap and you're simply parroting wnat mainstream medicine feeds the public. It hasn't been adequately researched that its part and parcel of DNA that is still being debated.
CRASSUS

Green Bay, WI

#9 Feb 22, 2013
Vaccines Cause Autism wrote:
<quoted text>Thanks for the stool sample DR DUH.
Quit talking to my bytch that way.
WARNING FDA APPROVED

Winnipeg, Canada

#10 Feb 22, 2013
CRASSUS wrote:
<quoted text>Quit talking to my bytch that way.
The man honey is all yours, I like women.

Since: Jul 10

Minneapolis, MN

#11 Feb 22, 2013
WARNING FDA APPROVED wrote:
<quoted text>The man honey is all yours, I like women.
one thing bub. I'm a housewife. meaning I'm a female.
.
and that troll can not get it thru his head that I am NOT his. that I belong to my husband.

Since: Jul 10

Minneapolis, MN

#12 Feb 22, 2013
WARNING FDA APPROVED wrote:
<quoted text> But you're full of krap and you're simply parroting wnat mainstream medicine feeds the public. It hasn't been adequately researched that its part and parcel of DNA that is still being debated.
did you not see that I pointed out that I come from a long line of aspies aka high functioning autism, and I do mean long line of family history. many of my mom's side were teachers and professors. so research is part and parcel of our lives. back in 64. I was studied to see about what was going on. and the results became part of the entire info base on it.
.
plus remember that I also have a daughter who also has the same kind of autism that I have thanks to my mom's side.
.
as for vaccines. remember that my mom's side tended not to believe in getting them.
.
by the way.
.
http://genetics.thetech.org/original_news/new... The research here is useful in finding autism-linked genes because it can show scientists where to look in the DNA. Scientists can focus on those areas where they found the changes in other autistic families.
.
http://www.ninds.nih.gov/disorders/autism/det... What role does inheritance play?
Twin and family studies strongly suggest that some people have a GENETIC predisposition to autism. Identical twin studies show that if one twin is affected, there is up to a 90 percent chance the other twin will be affected. There are a number of studies in progress to determine the specific genetic factors associated with the development of ASD. In families with one child with ASD, the risk of having a second child with the disorder is approximately 5 percent, or one in 20. This is greater than the risk for the general population.
.
.
along with the fact there is NO medicine for treatment of autism. the main form of help is socialization therapy. to help kids to be able to interact with the rest of society. unless you consider mandatory testing for the DNA of the fetus. and then forcing a abortion. then forced sterilization of one or both parents.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Minneapolis Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
So what happens to all the dire Obamacare predi... 17 min cantmakeitup 4
Global warming 'undeniable,' scientists say (Jul '10) 32 min Patriot AKA Bozo 32,696
Affordable Care Act (Oct '13) 37 min cantmakeitup 358
Walker Wins Unions Lose (May '12) 4 hr LIbEralS 25
GOP Biased Rasmussen Polls: Dayton, Franken Lea... 4 hr T-bro 7
Sick religion 5 hr cantmakeitup 9
Your Next President 6 hr cantmakeitup 11
•••
•••

Minneapolis Jobs

•••
•••
•••

Minneapolis People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

•••

Minneapolis News, Events & Info

Click for news, events and info in Minneapolis
•••

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]
•••