Comments
1 - 20 of 41 Comments Last updated Jan 4, 2013
First Prev
of 3
Next Last
Consistent

Minneapolis, MN

#1 Jan 2, 2013
House GOP kills Hurricane Sandy Relief Bill. GOP to Sandy victims: Drop Dead.

Source: American Blog

Oh. My. God. The GOP House just killed legislation to provide relief for Hurricane Sandy victims.

The House was supposed to take up a huge relief bill proving relief for Hurricane Sandy victims before closing down until the next Congress, but GOP House Speaker John Boehner killed it, and now they’re leaving town:

The most likely reason – Boehner is afraid of a revolt from conservatives if asked to spend even more money, even if it is to help victims of one of the greatest disasters in American history. Conservatives don’t care. Remember that GOP presidential candidate Mitt Romney called for closing down FEMA in the middle of the Hurricane Sandy.

Washington Post conservative blogger Jennifer Rubin, a Romney surrogate (wither official or not, she was clearly attached as their hip throughout the campaign) today called on Speaker Boehner to take out his vengeance on Sandy victims, and that’s exactly what Boehner did.

Read more: http://americablog.com/2013/01/house-gop-kill...
Consistent

Grantsburg, WI

#2 Jan 2, 2013
Consistent wrote:
Oh. My. God. The GOP House just killed legislation to provide relief for Hurricane Sandy victims.
The House was supposed to take up a huge relief bill proving relief for Hurricane Sandy victims before closing down until the next Congress, but GOP House Speaker John Boehner killed it, and now they’re leaving town:
The most likely reason – Boehner is afraid of a revolt from conservatives if asked to spend even more money, even if it is to help victims of one of the greatest disasters in American history. Conservatives don’t care. Remember that GOP presidential candidate Mitt Romney called for closing down FEMA in the middle of the Hurricane Sandy.
Washington Post conservative blogger Jennifer Rubin, a Romney surrogate (wither official or not, she was clearly attached as their hip throughout the campaign) today called on Speaker Boehner to take out his vengeance on Sandy victims, and that’s exactly what Boehner did.
Thank You for Posting this cut/paste of the opinion of a Co-Defective of yours that you gleaned from one of the 1000's of Collectivist Blogs that ANY 6 year old can find on the Web.

America is not able to get this viewpoint from MSDNC, CBS,ABC,NBC,CNN,PBS, or any of the other Propaganda Arms of the Demokrat Party of Amerika.

Bahayahayaahhaha!
Amused Slew

Seattle, WA

#4 Jan 2, 2013
Have another worthless con...
Demokrat Rules

Grantsburg, WI

#5 Jan 2, 2013
Amused Slew wrote:
Have another worthless con...
Dangerous Sociopath,

As a poster that is either intoxicated or under medicated, why does it not bother you to come on here and post nothing but your "Projections" to other posters?

Everybody here knows how fauched up you are as a Defective Human Being. How come you and your Multiple Personalities are the only ones that consistently avoid ANY conversation that Threads are based on, and simply "work out your Mommy and Daddy issues" with strangers by "Projecting" yourself onto them with the variety of abuses you employ like a child on the Playground?

Do you "Feel" that nobody really knows what you are?

Your dangerous nature as a Psychopath needs to be addressed by Law Enforcement Professionals before you hurt others that may have the displeasure of contact with you outside your Fantasy World on Topix!
non-starter

Saint Paul, MN

#6 Jan 2, 2013
Consistent wrote:
Low integrity poster, please post under your own moniker, or remain low integrity.
Amused Slew

Seattle, WA

#8 Jan 2, 2013
Mr non-thinker hypocrite, make rules for your own people, you don't own the site and are a POS liar....

Since: Oct 08

Location hidden

#9 Jan 2, 2013
The 60 billion dollar relief package contained pork for libraries and Museums and other unrelated issues.
The House had a smaller bill but never brought it to the floor because Reid said it was DOA at the Senate door. Blame Reid and Pelosi for this one!
Amused Slew

Seattle, WA

#11 Jan 2, 2013
Oddly, Governor Christy is blaming rethuglican't FOR THIS ONE....

Too bad, you call educational buildings "pork" and normal folks call libraries/Museums=culture/educ ation.

Guess, THAT explains your stupidity...THANKS ~!!
Amused Slew

Seattle, WA

#12 Jan 2, 2013
"There is only one group to blame for the continued suffering of these innocent victims: the House majority and their speaker, John Boehner," he said. "This is not a Republican or Democratic issue. Natural disasters happen in red states and blue states and states with Democratic governors and Republican governors. We respond to innocent victims of natural disasters, not as Republicans or Democrats, but as Americans. Or at least we did until last night. Last night, politics was placed before oaths to serve our citizens. For me, it was disappointing and disgusting to watch."

House Republicans declined to schedule a vote for Sandy aid Tuesday night, after voting to pass a fiscal cliff deal. If the House does not pass a disaster relief bill before noon on Thursday, when the new session of Congress begins, lawmakers will have to start over.

"Last night the House of Representatives failed that most basic test of public service, and they did so with callous indifference to the suffering of the people of my state," said Christie. "Sixty-six days and counting -- shame on you. Shame on Congress. Despite my anger and disappointment, my hope is that the good people in Congress -- and there are good people in Congress -- will prevail upon their colleagues to finally, finally put aside the politics and help our people now."
Amused Slew

Seattle, WA

#13 Jan 3, 2013
"There is only one group to blame for the continued suffering of these innocent victims: the House majority and their speaker, John Boehner," he said. "This is not a Republican or Democratic issue. Natural disasters happen in red states and blue states and states with Democratic governors and Republican governors. We respond to innocent victims of natural disasters, not as Republicans or Democrats, but as Americans. Or at least we did until last night. Last night, politics was placed before oaths to serve our citizens. For me, it was disappointing and disgusting to watch."

House Republicans declined to schedule a vote for Sandy aid Tuesday night, after voting to pass a fiscal cliff deal. If the House does not pass a disaster relief bill before noon on Thursday, when the new session of Congress begins, lawmakers will have to start over.

"Last night the House of Representatives failed that most basic test of public service, and they did so with callous indifference to the suffering of the people of my state," said Christie. "Sixty-six days and counting -- shame on you. Shame on Congress. Despite my anger and disappointment, my hope is that the good people in Congress -- and there are good people in Congress -- will prevail upon their colleagues to finally, finally put aside the politics and help our people now."

“Liberty and Justice for ALL!”

Since: Jun 10

Bloomington, MN

#14 Jan 3, 2013
Republicans don't care about people in need, just the rich.

The ONLY thing that matters to a Republican is money and their midguided social causes.

Since: Sep 11

Rogers, MN

#15 Jan 3, 2013
Niether of the Above wrote:
The 60 billion dollar relief package contained pork for libraries and Museums and other unrelated issues.
The House had a smaller bill but never brought it to the floor because Reid said it was DOA at the Senate door. Blame Reid and Pelosi for this one!
I blame them all. Congress is worthless.
Bridgework

Lincoln, NE

#16 Jan 3, 2013
Le Jumbo wrote:
Republicans don't care about people in need, just the rich.
The ONLY thing that matters to a Republican is money and their midguided social causes.
If you cared about people in need then you would be going after those who loaded the bill with spending unrelated to emergency relief.

Since: Sep 11

Rogers, MN

#17 Jan 3, 2013
If you want to blame someone, blame the people who re-elected 91% of the incumbent candidates during the last election cycle.
non-starter

Saint Paul, MN

#18 Jan 3, 2013
cantmakeitup wrote:
If you want to blame someone, blame the people who re-elected 91% of the incumbent candidates during the last election cycle.
Although it was really entertaining listening/watching Ellison and his challenger get into it.
Bobby

Saint Paul, MN

#19 Jan 3, 2013
non-starter wrote:
<quoted text>Low integrity poster, please post under your own moniker, or remain low integrity.
Topix offers the chance to register your posting name if you so desire BUT Topix does not require registration. There are many posting boards that do require users to register. If you are not comfortable playing by the "terms and conditions" enforced at Topix please have the integrity to take advantage of one or more of the many other opportunities available on the world wide web. Thanks.
non-starter

Saint Paul, MN

#20 Jan 3, 2013
Bobby wrote:
<quoted text>
Topix offers the chance to register your posting name if you so desire BUT Topix does not require registration. There are many posting boards that do require users to register. If you are not comfortable playing by the "terms and conditions" enforced at Topix please have the integrity to take advantage of one or more of the many other opportunities available on the world wide web. Thanks.
While I understand your position, posting under names that other posters use to discredit the other posters or hide your own posts, or even posting in response to your own postings is a very low integrity thing to do. Just registering your posting name does not stop LeJumbo and company from posting under the exact same moniker minus the green shading. Either you have integrity and stand behind what you post, or you have no integrity and you don't. It really has nothing to do with "rules" of Topix.
Bridgework

Lincoln, NE

#21 Jan 3, 2013
Bobby wrote:
<quoted text>
You don't know the meaning of integrity. Here is a hint, it has nothing to do with Topix ToS.
Amused Slew

Seattle, WA

#22 Jan 3, 2013
non-starter wrote:
<quoted text>While I understand your position, posting under names that other posters use to discredit the other posters or hide your own posts, or even posting in response to your own postings is a very low integrity thing to do. Just registering your posting name does not stop LeJumbo and company from posting under the exact same moniker minus the green shading. Either you have integrity and stand behind what you post, or you have no integrity and you don't. It really has nothing to do with "rules" of Topix.
So, you have integrity and your noise about "my 15 cent raise" is an EXAMPLE ??? LMAOROTFU~! Tell me more, moron...
Bobby

Saint Paul, MN

#23 Jan 3, 2013
non-starter wrote:
<quoted text>While I understand your position, posting under names that other posters use to discredit the other posters or hide your own posts, or even posting in response to your own postings is a very low integrity thing to do. Just registering your posting name does not stop LeJumbo and company from posting under the exact same moniker minus the green shading. Either you have integrity and stand behind what you post, or you have no integrity and you don't. It really has nothing to do with "rules" of Topix.
Once you get a feel for the "personalities" that are the primary users here it's not hard to decipher a genuine "Consistent" post from an impostor.

Some of us view Topix as more of a testing ground, a laboratory of sorts to throw things against the wall and see what sticks. For better or worse it's also interesting to see what people will write under the cloak of anonymity.

I myself post on several boards occasionally this being the only one where I'm anonymous. It's something I like about it.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

First Prev
of 3
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Minneapolis Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Global warming 'undeniable,' scientists say (Jul '10) 2 hr Brian_G 32,495
Drop one word....add one word game 3 hr Whiny1 85
The 1% Should Pay Their Fair Share in Taxes 7 hr Billy 39
Men who don't like football 12 hr Victor 10
Minneapolis: A Hotbed For Radical Islam 12 hr Pietro 78
Bar Abilene in Uptown closes 15 hr cowboy chris 1
Happy Labor Day. Are Unions Dead? 15 hr UncleSi 4
•••
•••
•••