Latham, NY

#1 Nov 26, 2013
Hands off our bodies!
digger

Minneapolis, MN

#2 Nov 26, 2013
GOP War on Women wrote:
Hands off our bodies!
Nobody is "touching" you. How about you take some PERSONAL RESPONSIBILITY, and either pay for YOUR OWN BIRTH CONTROL PILLS, or train your male partner to wear a RUBBER?? You want to engage in risky sex, that might result in an STD or pregnancy?? Well, EDUCATE YOURSELF and spend a couple of bucks to avoid a lifelong scourge or tragedy. Don't push your reckless behavior, even in the mindset of "don't tell me what to do", on ME.
CompletelyCluele ss Digger

Mesquite, NV

#3 Nov 26, 2013
You lend new meaning to "completely clueless".

So following your logic diabetics shouldn't have access to medication to control diabetes - because they caused their diabetes by their "reckless behavior".

Get a clue.
digger

Minneapolis, MN

#4 Nov 26, 2013
CompletelyClueless Digger wrote:
You lend new meaning to "completely clueless".
So following your logic diabetics shouldn't have access to medication to control diabetes - because they caused their diabetes by their "reckless behavior".
Get a clue.
Developing a condition called "diabetes" and voluntarily engaging in RISKY SEX are TWO ENTIRELY DIFFERENT THINGS, which of course, you can't possibly UNDERSTAND. Some people have a greater chance of developing diabetes because of their genes, or diet, but GUESS WHAT,
it isn't a TRANSFERABLE DISEASE, nor does it result in an UNINTENDED or UNWANTED PREGNANCY.

Grow up and get a CLUE.
Busybody

San Jose, CA

#6 Nov 27, 2013
Republicans have no idea how reproductive systems work. Equating contraception with STD's shows how ignorant many rightwingers are.

Since: Jul 10

Minneapolis, MN

#8 Nov 27, 2013
Busybody wrote:
Republicans have no idea how reproductive systems work. Equating contraception with STD's shows how ignorant many rightwingers are.
Bursting your bubble. Many of us Republicans DO know how they work. As well as what other systems in the body they are needed for as in hormones and chemical balances.
I've ran into demoncrats who were clueless on reproduction.
At least I know that you can't get a STD from things like toilet seats. But you can get them from in several ways
Being irresponsible in sex. Be it in numbers of partners as well as not taking proper precautions in using a condom. The pill does NOT protect against STDs.
As well as from being raped
In utero as in from mother to child while during pregnancy
Sharing needles with a infected person
From a blood transfusion where the blood came from a infected person
http://www.mayoclinic.com/health/sexually-tra... It's possible to contract sexually transmitted diseases from people who seem perfectly healthy people who, in fact, aren't even aware of being infected.
http://www.healthcentral.com/encyclopedia/408...
http://dermatologycork.ie/cork-gp/stistd-trea... People do not always display symptoms of STIs immediately and can look fit and healthy. STI can remain dormant in patients. If they remain undiagnosed they can be passed on further and can have side effects such as infertility. STIs can be passed through sex, blood, blood transfusion,tatooing, body piercing, sharing needles.

Since: Jul 10

Minneapolis, MN

#10 Nov 27, 2013
The only ones I've heard about trying to restrict a woman's ability to get birth control has been:
family
job insurance
clergy
pharmacists
her own health will not allow those forms of birth control that use hormones to stop pregnancy like the pill or the ring aka NuvaRing, the patch aka Ortho Evra, or the shot aka Deprovo.
Hey

Minneapolis, MN

#11 Nov 27, 2013
"Sex" is merely a form of entertainment these days. It's no different than bowling, hunting, playing ball, fishing, etc. All forms of risky entertainment have potential for harm. Why should any form of entertainment be funded by Government?

If you are into "entertainment sex" you can pay for your own implements needed for that form of entertainment.

ELSE, I expect Government to pay for: fushing lures, bowling games, hunting weapons, race cars, etc etc etc...
Hey

Minneapolis, MN

#12 Nov 27, 2013
In fact if you engage in entertainment sex you should have to buy a license, wear proper attire, be subjected to control by Government using Game Wardens, have a limit on how many you may mate, pass a test on proper mating, attend classes on mating saftey, etc....
LIbEralS

Saint Paul, MN

#13 Nov 27, 2013
Your GOVERNMENT shouldn't control your access to birth control.
Hey

Minneapolis, MN

#20 Nov 28, 2013
LIbEralS wrote:
Your GOVERNMENT shouldn't control your access to birth control.
Think about it this way.

Boating is dangerous sport, so Government doesn't ban boating BUT they require boaters to have life jackets.

Same with recreational sex, they don't ban it BUT protection should be required BUT Government shouldn't PAY FOR IT.

It makes no sense and will cost non-sex-game players tons of money.

IMHO if Government pays for birth control then they should pay for: life jackets, orange hunting clothing, seat belts, passive restraints, smoke detectors, egrss windows, efficent windows, safe stairs, saftey items in automobiles, bike helmets, etc etc etc....
Hey

Minneapolis, MN

#21 Nov 28, 2013
Jed wrote:
Try duct tape. It's cheap and hard to penetrate.
Some say you need one birth control pill, can be asprin or any pill.

Woman holds between knees.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Minneapolis Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Please 4 hr God 1
Bill cosby special drink 8 hr goose 3
Minneapolis man molests 10-year-old sleepover g... 12 hr Liberal 6
Police: 2 Arrested In St. Paul Bank Robbery 13 hr Liberal 7
Global warming 'undeniable,' scientists say (Jul '10) 21 hr IBdaMann 33,221
Madison wi=craphole 23 hr Space ace 1
Vikings' Peterson says he'll never use a switch... Fri Liberal 2
Minneapolis Dating
Find my Match

Minneapolis People Search