Gun nuts plan to disrupt Open Streets

Gun nuts plan to disrupt Open Streets

Posted in the Minneapolis Forum

real space ace

Minneapolis, MN

#1 Jun 20, 2013
I know gun owners hate the term “gun nuts”, but this is exactly the sort of thing that makes the term a fair description of some gun owners. Minneapolis and St. Paul have events called “Open Streets”, where the streets are closed to motorized traffic, so the streets are safe for kids games and pedestrians and bicycles and so on in a nice family-friendly atmosphere. So some of the local gun nuts have expressed an intent to show up for the purpose of showing the world that they have guns, inflicting their strange psychological needs on everyone else.

No, this isn’t concealed carry. They intend to carry openly, so everyone else gets to enjoy the presence of utter strangers able to pull out their loaded weapons whenever they take a whim. Yes I know, the people planning to do this will plead that they’re responsible gun owners, except the responsible gun owners will have left their weapons locked up at home. Showing them off at a neighborhood event as if it was a gun show or NRA rally is pretty much the opposite of “responsible”.
The Facebook page promoting Open Streets-Open Carry says gun owners will add “their own twist” to the neighborhood events by “encouraging ‘open carry’ for pro-active, positive visibility of law abiding gun owners participating in normal social activity … Like normal people!”
Bushwhacker

Seattle, WA

#2 Jun 23, 2013
Persecution complex con-sick-er ???

You should get that looked at...

Smoke a whole pack tonight, no big C in your family, right KILLER ???
LMAOROTFU~!

I love reading your "expose" of problems in the "community", while you F'ed your ENTIRE FAMILY !!

No manhood at all, right con ???

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Minneapolis Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
bill cosby admitted to rape 29 min This IS GOOD 5
News When it comes to Africans in Minnesota, the num... 54 min Murderpendence Day 1
Crush Religious Freedom 1 hr The_Box 40
ar-15 1 hr Murderpendence Day 18
US Womens Soccer 1 hr This IS GOOD 15
Police investigate 5 separate shootings in Milw... 1 hr Crunch 17
Fallout shelter 1 hr Murderpendence Day 2
More from around the web

Minneapolis People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Personal Finance

Minneapolis Mortgages