Consumer Spending And Personal Income Climb In March

Posted in the Minneapolis Forum

Obama Economy Recovery

Minneapolis, MN

#1 Apr 29, 2013
Source: LA TIMES

WASHINGTON -- Consumers spent more in March even as their income rose less than analysts had projected, a mixed economic message to start a week that will end with the latest government unemployment report.

Consumer spending was up 0.2% last month, down from February's 0.7% rise, the Commerce Department said Monday.

But spending still was up, an unexpected improvement. The median estimate of economists surveyed by Bloomberg News was that spending would be flat.

The March increase in spending came despite personal income's rising just 0.2%., less than the 0.4% estimated by economists.

Read more: http://www.latimes.com/business/money/la-fi-m...

=========

More signs of an Obama economic recovery

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Minneapolis Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Global warming 'undeniable,' scientists say (Jul '10) 1 hr Bob J 1440 34,126
Review: State Wide Protective Agency (Jul '11) 2 hr Karma 149
Hillary should pay for Benghazi (Apr '14) 3 hr LIbEralS 27
Man shoots would-be robber in foot in St. Paul 4 hr Nordski 5
Gay Wedding Cakes in Indiana 4 hr cowboy chris 2
5th St. by Vikings' stadium closes for several ... 5 hr Crassus 2
News Obama dines with Streisand, Springsteen, Kardas... (May '14) 7 hr Responsibility 18
Minneapolis Dating
Find my Match
More from around the web

Minneapolis People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]