Teen girl accused of stabbing ex-boyf...

Teen girl accused of stabbing ex-boyfriend at Highland Park Jun...

There are 46 comments on the TwinCities.com story from Nov 13, 2008, titled Teen girl accused of stabbing ex-boyfriend at Highland Park Jun.... In it, TwinCities.com reports that:

Staff at Highland Park Junior High School thought a conflict between a 13-year-old boy and girl had been resolved, but the girl allegedly stabbed her ex-boyfriend at the St.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at TwinCities.com.

Adam

Blue Bell, PA

#24 Nov 13, 2008
AndrewEss wrote:
I am the Father of two young children sadly divorced and given the court ordered meaningless time to parent them. When I do get them, if they want to come that is, they tell me what they want to do, openly blackmail with threats of having me thrown in prison, or having 'their' attorney sicked on me if I do not obey. They are not allowed to talk to me about their personal issues only a family court appointed official or their mother. Add that to a large list of do's and dont's that I am forced to agree to if I wish to see them. And I am faced with an insurmountable problem. These children are 4 and 5, when they reach an age of self reasoning, they will I believe as many others have found out. Become a product of the state and it's methods of what is good and bad behavior. I am led to understand from these children that I am their fake daddy, and they only have to come with me because the Judge say's so. I cannot imagine how disassociated these children will be when they mature, and cannot even comprehend the amount of heartache they will cause,'though I hope not,' others in their journey through life. At one time I used to be a high school to graduate student teacher, I saw too much that was wrong in teaching methods and got out, and I suppose that has come back to haunt me. I never imagined I would never be allowed to teach my own children wrong from right. But like the kids say I am only their fake daddy.
What did you do to get such a harsh divorce!
Jackie

Mokena, IL

#25 Nov 13, 2008
Glad I graduated form Highland Sr. in '85. The school was not safe then and is not now. They need metal detectors. These kids don't even know what love is. They now need to be taught about abusive relationships and how wrong they are.
AndrewEss

Manitowoc, WI

#26 Nov 13, 2008
Adam wrote:
<quoted text> What did you do to get such a harsh divorce!
I think the ex was poking the DA. Nothing like a scorned female, but there are much worse cases than mine. The good news is my attorney lives very well, so do the psychiatrists, therapists and taxpayers. I cannot imagine how our country can survive without so many people employed by the government.
Citizen Joe

Minneapolis, MN

#27 Nov 13, 2008
this is a cool story...would've been cooler if there was some karate chops and kicks in the mix. now that would've been a show.
Look out

Saint Paul, MN

#29 Nov 14, 2008
Does anyone actually read what they are responding to and read how they are responding? This is a lesson for all parents of school age children. Your kids are going to see and hear things go on in school that are not acceptable behavior no matter what the situation. Talk to your children about how to handle conflict, talk to your children about their behavior and their responsibility to the school community just talk to your children!!!
Sgt Smith

Montgomery, AL

#30 Nov 14, 2008
Mrs R wrote:
I agree that she needs help and so does this boy. Our schools are such failures, thanks to conservative Republicans who constantly slash funding. This poor girl hasn't been given the proper violence prevention education she needs. And the boy hasn't been taught how to treat women with respect like he should have. Wow, good job, conservatives. Are you proud of yourselves?
Oh Thank Goodness!!! I was so worried that all the villages would keep their idiots from making this a political thing! You have saved us from that horrible fate.
It must be wonderful to live in your delusional little world where personal responsibility doesn't exist and every negative thing is automatically blamed on conservatives.
Troll.
you would like to know

AOL

#31 Nov 14, 2008
This is insane. 13 year old children doing this. o my god.

“m”

Since: Sep 08

here

#32 Nov 14, 2008
Mrs R wrote:
Schools have been constantly under attack by conservatives who want to slash sex education. If these kids had been given proper sex ed education and had better drop-in centers for after school hours then this would not have happened! It never ceases to amaze me the utter lack of ignorance displayed by conservatives in these forums.
Why should the schools be the ones with the drop-in centers or the sex ed. Both of those two items are part of parenting. the school have the funding they need they choose to spend it on more admin then they need. This crime has nothing to do with politics and I am betting this girl will walk away with just a slap on the wrist
Wheres DAD

Eau Claire, WI

#33 Nov 14, 2008
Common Sense wrote:
Metal Detectors..let's WAKE up schools before theirs a death !!!!!!!!!!
Let's get 2 good parents, Mom and Dad, for our children while we still have a society and country left!! Let the idiots being raised by single parent mothers kill themselves in their own schools!!!

Since: Apr 08

Twin Cities

#34 Nov 15, 2008
Mrs R wrote:
It never ceases to amaze me the utter lack of ignorance displayed by conservatives in these forums.
I'm sure the conservatives in this forum would agree with that statement in its entirety! And where were you schooled, Mrs R?

Since: Apr 08

Twin Cities

#35 Nov 15, 2008
AndrewEss wrote:
<quoted text> I think the ex was poking the DA. Nothing like a scorned female, but there are much worse cases than mine. The good news is my attorney lives very well, so do the psychiatrists, therapists and taxpayers. I cannot imagine how our country can survive without so many people employed by the government.
Andrew, your story does sound sad, indeed. How heartbreaking it must be to not have the respect of your own children.
By DA, do you mean District Attorney? I'm not familiar with the DA getting involved in divorce proceedings. I'm also wondering about your statement that "the psychiatrists, therapists, and taxpayers" are living well due to your divorce. Can you please expound on that? I'm not being snarky, I've just never been through a divorce and am completely unfamiliar with the process and whereby DAs, therapists, psychiatrists, and taxpayers would benefit by it.
Zen
FRIEND OF STUDENT

Minneapolis, MN

#36 Nov 15, 2008
THE BOY THAT GOT STABBED WAS MY FRIEND AND YES THE GIRL WAS HIS EX GILRFRIEND AND SHE WENT CRAZY. IT WAS A KITCHEN KNIFE AND HE GOT A LOT OF STICHES THERES NO REASON SHE SHOULDN'T BE EXSPELED I GEUSS IF YOU HIT A TEACHER GETS YOU EXSPELED BUT IF YOU STABBED A STUDENT 2 ITS NOT THAT BAD.
AndrewEss

Manitowoc, WI

#37 Nov 17, 2008
ZenBirdist wrote:
<quoted text>
Andrew, your story does sound sad, indeed. How heartbreaking it must be to not have the respect of your own children.
By DA, do you mean District Attorney? I'm not familiar with the DA getting involved in divorce proceedings. I'm also wondering about your statement that "the psychiatrists, therapists, and taxpayers" are living well due to your divorce. Can you please expound on that? I'm not being snarky, I've just never been through a divorce and am completely unfamiliar with the process and whereby DAs, therapists, psychiatrists, and taxpayers would benefit by it.
Zen
There is a book that explains the child abuse industry encompassing those employed by it quite well, it's called "Taken into Custody", by Stephen Baskerville. It also explains why it is necessary for American culture to create employment based on child abuse. Most kids are pretty good even when dealt with bad hands. You would be surprised at how many tax payer dollars and employment can be generated by just one child.

Since: Apr 08

Twin Cities

#38 Nov 17, 2008
AndrewEss wrote:
<quoted text>
There is a book that explains the child abuse industry encompassing those employed by it quite well, it's called "Taken into Custody", by Stephen Baskerville. It also explains why it is necessary for American culture to create employment based on child abuse. Most kids are pretty good even when dealt with bad hands. You would be surprised at how many tax payer dollars and employment can be generated by just one child.
Andrew, I fell in love with and married a man with children from a previous marriage. I do understand that child custody has historically been unfairly biased toward the mother. These laws, at least in Minnesota, have begun to shift toward parent neutrality.

I'm not familiar with the DA becoming involved in family law unless there is a criminal issue, and psychiatric teams are not usually called unless there has been some allegations of abuse. Your children are quite young to have formed such harsh opinions of you, and unlikely to have formed them completely on their own if they state they will lawyer up on you. Are you being honest with yourself regarding the way the children treat you?

Perhaps it's time for you to take a fresh view at the entire situation and reconcile yourself to the fact that you must now forge a new relationship with your children, one that is nothing like the current/past relationship you have with them. It does sound like a very ugly divorce, one that no 4 and 5 year old should have been witness to.

I hope for the best for your children, it sounds like they're off to a very rocky start.

Zen
Another Human Female

Eau Claire, WI

#39 Nov 17, 2008
ZenBirdist wrote:
<quoted text>
Andrew, I fell in love with and married a man with children from a previous marriage. I do understand that child custody has historically been unfairly biased toward the mother. These laws, at least in Minnesota, have begun to shift toward parent neutrality.
I'm not familiar with the DA becoming involved in family law unless there is a criminal issue, and psychiatric teams are not usually called unless there has been some allegations of abuse. Your children are quite young to have formed such harsh opinions of you, and unlikely to have formed them completely on their own if they state they will lawyer up on you. Are you being honest with yourself regarding the way the children treat you?
Perhaps it's time for you to take a fresh view at the entire situation and reconcile yourself to the fact that you must now forge a new relationship with your children, one that is nothing like the current/past relationship you have with them. It does sound like a very ugly divorce, one that no 4 and 5 year old should have been witness to.
I hope for the best for your children, it sounds like they're off to a very rocky start.
Zen
Zen, Thanks again for defending another female, even 1 who is abusive of children, this is normal for females it seems. The Family Law Industry's bread is buttered with money made from allowing females, such as this, the freedom to abuse both the children and the children's Father. Statistics, from The U.S. Department Health and Human Services, establishes that children in a home with a single parent parent mother is the most dangerous environment for a child to live in. In light of this fact human females get primary placement more than 87% of the time. To take a "fresh view" of a known instance of child abuse is inferring that Andrew should "Turn his Cheek", which is exactly what you are doing. It dosen't take much time or skill to find information to back all that I am ascribing to in this post, so don't come back with the standby, "Where is your proof?" Our children, indeed our society is vexed with the end result of this Mommy Court sponsored abuse of children and it is going to take an educated, caring , public to end this damage to our most precious commodity, our children.
Bill

Madison, WI

#40 Nov 17, 2008
Mrs R wrote:
I agree that she needs help and so does this boy. Our schools are such failures, thanks to conservative Republicans who constantly slash funding. This poor girl hasn't been given the proper violence prevention education she needs. And the boy hasn't been taught how to treat women with respect like he should have. Wow, good job, conservatives. Are you proud of yourselves?
Cactusjack wrote:
<quoted text>Can you tell me just what the heck politics has to do with this? Typical liberal response.
I don't think it's a typical liberal response. It's more like a typical crazy lady with her own agenda response.

Since: Apr 08

Twin Cities

#41 Nov 17, 2008
Another Human Female wrote:
<quoted text> Zen, Thanks again for defending another female, even 1 who is abusive of children, this is normal for females it seems. The Family Law Industry's bread is buttered with money made from allowing females, such as this, the freedom to abuse both the children and the children's Father. Statistics, from The U.S. Department Health and Human Services, establishes that children in a home with a single parent parent mother is the most dangerous environment for a child to live in. In light of this fact human females get primary placement more than 87% of the time. To take a "fresh view" of a known instance of child abuse is inferring that Andrew should "Turn his Cheek", which is exactly what you are doing. It dosen't take much time or skill to find information to back all that I am ascribing to in this post, so don't come back with the standby, "Where is your proof?" Our children, indeed our society is vexed with the end result of this Mommy Court sponsored abuse of children and it is going to take an educated, caring , public to end this damage to our most precious commodity, our children.
Andrew, please reread my last post carefully. I have not defended your ex-wife. In fact, I started out by acknowledging that the courts have historically been biased in the mothers' favor. It sounds like you and your ex have some serious issues to work out for the benefit of your young children. They may be too young to lawyer up, but believe me they're old enough to know the anger and resentment surrounding their time with you. It sounds to me from your own description that the relationship you have with them is broken. Why not try to make amends with the kids, take a deep breath, blink twice, and start anew. You can do nothing to change how their mother speaks of you, but you have all the power in the world when it comes to what example you wish to teach your children by. If I were blessed with two young ones, I would want to teach them about forgiveness and moving forward.

Sincerely wishing you and your children well.

Zen
AndrewEss

Oshkosh, WI

#42 Nov 17, 2008
ZenBirdist wrote:
<quoted text>
Andrew, please reread my last post carefully. I have not defended your ex-wife. In fact, I started out by acknowledging that the courts have historically been biased in the mothers' favor. It sounds like you and your ex have some serious issues to work out for the benefit of your young children. They may be too young to lawyer up, but believe me they're old enough to know the anger and resentment surrounding their time with you. It sounds to me from your own description that the relationship you have with them is broken. Why not try to make amends with the kids, take a deep breath, blink twice, and start anew. You can do nothing to change how their mother speaks of you, but you have all the power in the world when it comes to what example you wish to teach your children by. If I were blessed with two young ones, I would want to teach them about forgiveness and moving forward.
Sincerely wishing you and your children well.
Zen
Like I said read the book, I am approaching 200 k in attorney fees, and I get accused of goodness knows what every two to three months. Females get a free attorney depending on the accusation, males do not. As for my time with the kids, love every second of it, but when you have a 4/5 year old threatening to have their lawyer throw you in jail if you don't give them what they want, it is a little hair raising. I am told by the attorney's that they are surprised I lasted this long. So so much for protecting my rights, I really am quite passive when it comes to my children. Even when my former wife went out on her cat calls and brought her boyfriends home, I was kind enough to give them a lift back to their homes and families, it looked better that way for them. After all I too can be quite liberal, my fault ? No ! I have testicles and the law doesn't take too kindly to males raising objections to such a scenario. Most males find this out quickly, what is the rule 'shout at your spouse, lose the kids and the house", so much for equality.

Since: Apr 08

Twin Cities

#43 Nov 17, 2008
AndrewEss wrote:
<quoted text>Females get a free attorney depending on the accusation, males do not.
While I sympathize with your situation, Andrew, this statement just doesn't sound credible to me.
Free Female Attorneys

Eau Claire, WI

#44 Nov 18, 2008
ZenBirdist wrote:
<quoted text>
While I sympathize with your situation, Andrew, this statement just doesn't sound credible to me.
Zen, With just a little reading your unknown will be turned into knowledge!! A person who purports to be one of wisdom but makes a claim such as yours reeks of falsehoods and delusion. Some key words, terms you might use to gain the required information by using GOOGLE or another search engine are, VAWA, Child Support, Radar,child abuse, PAS, BPD, Deadbeat Mothers, Richard Gardner, and Divorce Statistics. If a search is done with many or any of these I am sure that one interested in the truth that knowledge brings will be full up and fed up by the current status quo of the Family Systems and their variety of chicanery and practices.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Minneapolis Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Woman must take down Trump 4 hr Crassus 3
Racism: Tips & Tools for White People 4 hr Crassus 3
News Global warming 'undeniable,' scientists say (Jul '10) 7 hr LIbEralS 37,418
Rocket Man! 8 hr Irish 9
Earthquake: Little Girl Trapped in the Rubble 9 hr Irish 1
Hurricane Maria Ah Yah Yea 9 hr Irish 1
Irish: I'm Back 9 hr Irish 1

Minneapolis Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Minneapolis Mortgages