Workin' Man's Dollar
Bushwhacker

Seattle, WA

#1 Mar 16, 2013
Well, I'm just a workin' man's dollar In the pocket of his old blue jeans I ain't like my Wall Street brother He's in a bank so shiny and clean
Well, I'm faded and I'm wrinkled Tattered and stained with sweat But I'm the first one called when Uncle Sam Needs a hand with the national debt
I've been wages for the farm hand For drivin' an old John Deere I've been laid on a bar in a tavern To buy a workin' man an ice-cold beer
I've been tipped to a truck-stop waitress Taped where I was torn And in the hand of a child I was laid on a plate In a church on Sunday morn
Well, they say I'm the root of all evil I bring lust, power and greed But this workin' man's dollar only buys the things A workin' man really needs
Well, they say I'm worth about fifty-cents In this modern inflated age But don't tell that to the young man slavin' To make it on a minimum wage
Or that single workin' mother She's been scrapin' to make ends meet To make a house a home, keep food on the table And shoes on her baby's feet
Well, I know my days are numbered I'm gettin' threadbare and wearin' thin And they'll replace me with another But I'd do it all again
'Cause I've seen this great big country Passed from hand to callused hand And I've got to say that I'm mighty proud That I belong to the workin' man
Well, they say I'm the root of all evil I bring lust, power and greed But this workin' man's dollar only buys the things A workin' man really needs

Consistent

Grantsburg, WI

#2 Mar 16, 2013
2008 "Workin" Demokrat Dependent Chant (er "Song")

"I been working on the Gubernment Trough, all my live long days"
Bushwhacker

Seattle, WA

#3 Mar 16, 2013
Drunken blather.....
Consistent

Saint Paul, MN

#4 Mar 16, 2013
Or my personal favorite-

"I've been drinking Phillips vodka, all my live long days".
Consistent

Grantsburg, WI

#5 Mar 16, 2013
Consistent wrote:
Or my personal favorite-
"I've been drinking Phillips vodka, all my live long days".
No doubt.
Consistent

Grantsburg, WI

#6 Mar 16, 2013
Bushwhacker wrote:
Well, I'm just a workin' man's dollar In the pocket of his old blue jeans I ain't like my Wall Street brother He's in a bank so shiny and clean
Well, I'm faded and I'm wrinkled Tattered and stained with sweat But I'm the first one called when Uncle Sam Needs a hand with the national debt
I've been wages for the farm hand For drivin' an old John Deere I've been laid on a bar in a tavern To buy a workin' man an ice-cold beer
I've been tipped to a truck-stop waitress Taped where I was torn And in the hand of a child I was laid on a plate In a church on Sunday morn
Well, they say I'm worth about fifty-cents In this modern inflated age But don't tell that to the young man slavin' To make it on a minimum wage
Or that single workin' mother She's been scrapin' to make ends meet To make a house a home, keep food on the table And shoes on her baby's feet
Well, I know my days are numbered I'm gettin' threadbare and wearin' thin And they'll replace me with another But I'd do it all again
'Cause I've seen this great big country Passed from hand to callused hand And I've got to say that I'm mighty proud That I belong to the workin' man
"Sober" Blather......hahayahaayhhohiah hehhahahehhihiho!
Bushwhacker

Seattle, WA

#10 Mar 16, 2013
Happy hour & DELICIOUS PhillipKs VodKa, no doubt.... Again and again and again and again and again and again and again and again and again and again and again and again and again and again and again and again and again and again and again and again and again and again and again and again and again and again and again and again and again and again and again and again and again and again and again and again and again and again and again and again and again and again and again and again and again and again and again and again and again and again and again and again and again and again and again and again and again and again and again and again and again and again and again and again and again and again and again and again and again and again and again and again and again and again and again and again and again and again and again and again and again and again and again and again and again and again and again and again and again and again and again and again and again and again and again and again and again and again and again and again and again and again and again and again and again and again and again and again and again and again and again and again and again and again and again and again and again and again and again and again and again and again and again and again and again and again and again and again and again and again and again and again and again and again and again and again and again and again and again and again and again and again and again and again and again and again and again and again and again and again and again and again and again and again and again and again and again and again and again and again and again and again and again and again and again and again and again and again and again and again and again and again and again and again and again and again and again and again and again and again and again and again and again and again and again and again and again and again and again and again and again and again and again
Bushwhacker

Seattle, WA

#11 Mar 17, 2013
(The Borowitz Report)—The decision of Sen. Rob Portman (R-Ohio) to support same-sex marriage after learning that his son was gay has inspired hundreds of other Republican lawmakers to stop speaking to their children immediately, G.O.P. leaders confirmed today.

“I have gathered my caucus and told them, if your kids are going to tell you something that’s going to cost you the next election, it’s better to nip that situation in the bud,” said House Speaker John Boehner (R-Ohio).“Just stop talking to them altogether, for heaven’s sakes.”

Speaker Boehner said he was advising his fellow Republicans who were “hell bent on speaking to their children” to keep things superficial:“You can talk about sports. You can talk about the weather. But anything beyond that, your policy should be,‘Don’t ask, don’t tell.’”

But even as Mr. Boehner laid down the new guidelines for not speaking to one’s children, House Majority Leader Eric Cantor (R-Virginia) said that the policy “doesn’t go far enough.”

“What if you’re having a conversation with your kids and it turns out they’re in favor of raising the capital-gains tax or banning assault rifles?” he said.“Do what I do—block their calls.”

Senate Minority Leader Mitch McConnell (R-Kentucky) agreed with his fellow G.O.P. leaders’ words of caution, adding,“Fortunately, none of my children want to talk to me.”

Read more: http://www.newyorker.com/online/blogs/borowit...

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Minneapolis Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
BLM urge rioting over OSU SHOOTING 13 min Drumpf 36
Obama & BLM mourn monstor Fidel Castro 19 min Trump worst presi... 68
California Dems Block Gang Member Database Tue TAAM 1
Drop one word....add one word game (Apr '14) Dec 4 texas pete 628
Get Over It! Dec 3 Evil Roy Slade 10
News Global warming 'undeniable,' scientists say (Jul '10) Dec 2 Squirtzzz3971 35,607
Child sex ring>Pizzagate>Clinton's>Obama's>FBI ... Dec 1 Georgia 1

Minneapolis Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Minneapolis Mortgages