Obama signs bill closing Minneapolis ...

Obama signs bill closing Minneapolis lock to slow carp spread

There are 12 comments on the TwinCities story from Jun 11, 2014, titled Obama signs bill closing Minneapolis lock to slow carp spread. In it, TwinCities reports that:

A lock in Minneapolis will be closed to prevent invasive carp from spreading upstream under the water projects bill signed by President Barack Obama.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at TwinCities.

“A Frog's Worst Nightmare”

Since: Oct 13

West Monroe, La

#1 Jun 12, 2014
Obama wants to stop the Asian carp but he refuses to do anything about the invasive Latino Illegals.

Since: Jul 10

Minneapolis, MN

#2 Jun 12, 2014
Two suggestions:
1. catch and eat them
2. sell them to someone who can use them as food. Thus create a market for them.
I found out that they are edible. So, it would be a good idea to start lowering THEIR numbers by catching and using them as food.
Old Vet

Minneapolis, MN

#3 Jun 12, 2014
I'm thinking a new sport, Asian carp shooting. Either a bow and arrow or a shotgun to shoot them. Make it an olympic competition. Ziggy WILL figure out a way of making a BILLION off it, for himself of course.

Since: Oct 12

Location hidden

#4 Jul 2, 2014
Uncle Si wrote:
Obama wants to stop the Asian carp but he refuses to do anything about the invasive Latino Illegals.
Refuses to do anything???.....Anything like the Senate's bi-partisan, Comprehensive Immigration Bill??.....Much needed legislation the U.S. sorely needs....and teaparty House republicans have blocked, not even allowing a VOTE????....Like That?.....
LIbEralS

Saint Paul, MN

#5 Jul 2, 2014
Go Blue Forever wrote:
<quoted text> Refuses to do anything???.....Anything like the Senate's bi-partisan, Comprehensive Immigration Bill??.....Much needed legislation the U.S. sorely needs....and teaparty House republicans have blocked, not even allowing a VOTE????....Like That?.....
Does this really address " invasive Latino Illegals"?
redeemer

Saint Paul, MN

#6 Jul 2, 2014
The Dam was close to prevent more flooding in the already flood zone in Minnesota carp is not an issue at this point,gosh republican make up nonsense up everyday,but can't accept the news or the weather,they are in denial on everything even current events.

Since: Sep 11

Rogers, MN

#7 Jul 2, 2014
Go Blue Forever wrote:
<quoted text> Refuses to do anything???.....Anything like the Senate's bi-partisan, Comprehensive Immigration Bill??.....Much needed legislation the U.S. sorely needs....and teaparty House republicans have blocked, not even allowing a VOTE????....Like That?.....
He refuses to keep them out in the first place. He refuses to dedicate resources for that. He refuses to lean on the Mexican government to get them to deal with their own people and problems. He refuses to impose massive fines on companies who hire illegal aliens in order to exploit a source of disposable, cheap, expendible labor. He refuses to acknowledge that he is looking to bribe 20 million potential voters with freebies. And so does congress.
The military and NASA can pretty much see a pimple on a gnats willie from 200 miles in space. Surely they can find and deter all of the illegal aliens from crossing that border.

Since: Sep 11

Rogers, MN

#8 Jul 2, 2014
redeemer wrote:
The Dam was close to prevent more flooding in the already flood zone in Minnesota carp is not an issue at this point,gosh republican make up nonsense up everyday,but can't accept the news or the weather,they are in denial on everything even current events.
You didn't even read the article did you?
redeemer

Saint Paul, MN

#9 Jul 2, 2014
cantmakeitup wrote:
<quoted text>
You're right,I I thought that we were reading about current events aka the flooding,not old news like carp crap. My bad!
Bellweather

Saint Paul, MN

#10 Jul 2, 2014
cantmakeitup wrote:
<quoted text>
You know the answer to that question. A fool would know closing the lock will have NO effect on the volume of water flowing down the Mississippi, NONE.

But then there's red, the town clown/fool.
redeemer

Saint Paul, MN

#11 Jul 2, 2014
Bellweather wrote:
<quoted text>
You know the answer to that question. A fool would know closing the lock will have NO effect on the volume of water flowing down the Mississippi, NONE.
But then there's red, the town clown/fool.
You're the town clown hahahehe what do you think the purpose of any dam hmm? you're a dam fool hehehaha you get it you're a dam fool.
Obumalumabamba

Green Bay, WI

#12 Jul 2, 2014
redeemer wrote:
<quoted text>
You're right,I I thought that we were reading about current events aka the flooding,not old news like carp crap. My bad!
Your bad what? Your bad face that requires a bag over it unless you mount your man like a dog??

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Minneapolis Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
This forum sucks now 4 hr Cat Fan 4
News Global warming 'undeniable,' scientists say (Jul '10) 5 hr Mothra 37,864
Cadet bone spur 10 hr Davycrockett 1
Why Sun KyTEE 1
Threads Gone I'm Gone Sun figgypops 7
Liberals crying over trump comments again Jan 17 God 38
Megyn Kelly's mysterious Olympics benching by N... Jan 16 Me Too 7

Minneapolis Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance