2-year-old fatally shot by his brother in Mpls.

Dec 6, 2012 | Posted by: roboblogger | Full story: KARE-TV Minneapolis

Minneapolis police say a toddler is dead after apparently being shot by his brother in the city's Riverside neighborhood.

Comments
21 - 40 of 68 Comments Last updated Dec 8, 2012
Wade Gustafson

Saint Paul, MN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 6, 2012

Judged:

The parents of this child broke the law by not having that gun locked up with the ammunition stored separately. What a needless death.

For anyone out there who has a gun and does not think their kids know where it is, they know exactly where you hide your gun. Get a lock today if you do not already have one.
Bridgework

Lincoln, NE

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 6, 2012

Judged:

Wade Gustafson wrote:
The parents of this child broke the law by not having that gun locked up with the ammunition stored separately. What a needless death.
For anyone out there who has a gun and does not think their kids know where it is, they know exactly where you hide your gun. Get a lock today if you do not already have one.
"A person is guilty of a gross misdemeanor who negligently stores or leaves a loaded firearm in a location where the person knows, or reasonably should know, that a child is likely to gain access, unless reasonable action is taken to secure the firearm against access by the child."

I am fairly sure you only have to have the ammunition stored separately and the gun unloaded when transporting the weapon.
Wade Gustafson

Saint Paul, MN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 6, 2012

Judged:

Bridgework wrote:
<quoted text>
"A person is guilty of a gross misdemeanor who negligently stores or leaves a loaded firearm in a location where the person knows, or reasonably should know, that a child is likely to gain access, unless reasonable action is taken to secure the firearm against access by the child."
I am fairly sure you only have to have the ammunition stored separately and the gun unloaded when transporting the weapon.
The gun has to be non-functioning. That can be accomplished by removing the bolt, the cylinder, a trigger lock, a safe, or a cable lock, or locked in some other fashion. This is not about transporting a gun, this is about a gun in a home where children are present.
Bridgework

Saint Paul, MN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 6, 2012

Wade Gustafson wrote:
<quoted text>
The gun has to be non-functioning. That can be accomplished by removing the bolt, the cylinder, a trigger lock, a safe, or a cable lock, or locked in some other fashion. This is not about transporting a gun, this is about a gun in a home where children are present.
I know, I was looking at the MN firearm statutes and could not find anything on tha for at home gun storage. I only found that language when transporting firearms. Even the statute I found only applied when children under 18 are present in the home.

Since: Apr 08

Twin Cities

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 6, 2012

The surviving child will have an unfathomable burden to carry the rest of his life. That's on his parents, too. That poor baby is in my prayers.
CRASSUS

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 6, 2012

ZenBirdist wrote:
The surviving child will have an unfathomable burden to carry the rest of his life. That's on his parents, too. That poor baby is in my prayers.
This calls for a moment of Zen.
Dads Biological Sister

Grantsburg, WI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 6, 2012

Amused Slew wrote:
Oops, we OBVIOUSLY need more gun laws...
Idiot,

Why is so difficult for you to embrace your idiocy?

Even your cut/pastes are never relevant to any issue that you post them on.

As a Psychotic EVERYTHING you post is a "Defensive Reaction",(Google the expression!) and you use every one of the 12 or so Defenses defined by Professionals to identify Mentally Ill like you that know nothing but "Defensive Reactions".

Nothing you post has EVER had any value, and we are subjected to you working out your Uncle Daddy issues in public on this Forum, to the detriment of we the normal functioning Human Beings.

Isn't there a more appropriate Forum on the Internet for Sociopaths like you to do the "Uh Huh, Yup, Yup, Yup, Uh Huh" babble with others just like you? We know that you in the 10% Defective exist, and always will.

There must be a Home for Psychotics like you on the Internet someplace.

Would you like me to find a "Home" for you on the Internet where you can babble with your Co Defectives?

Signed, Mommy
Moms Biological Brother

Grantsburg, WI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 6, 2012

Amused Slew wrote:
Courtesy of DELICIOUS PhillipKs VodKa and LOTS OF BRAIN DAMAGE ~! LMAOROTFU~!
So glad you're not embarrassing your "family" again/still ! LMAOROTFU~!
Now that I've brought you losers together, make "nice" ! LMAOROTFU~!
Slewsie!

What did my sista, your Mommy just say to you!

Leave the Decent people alone!

Signed, Uncle Daddy
digger

Minneapolis, MN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 6, 2012

Wade Gustafson wrote:
EXACTLY...PLUS.... the "dad" admitted that he had a concealed weapons permit, which means that he should have known how to safely keep a GUN in a home LOADED with YOUNG, interested children, because he had to go through a course in GUN SAFETY.

And to the B!TCH who tried to further her cause on the local nightly news.....Go find a telephone pole and screw yourself...

So much disinformation, it was UNBELIEVABLE...

Let me tell all of you right now.... I keep a LOADED and EASILY AVAILABLE GUN IN MY HOME AT ALL TIMES. I am READY for ANY unforseen invasion, and am NOT AFRAID to defend myself. I would rather be tried by 12 than be carried by 6....
Public Servant

Grantsburg, WI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 6, 2012

Amused Slew wrote:
Yeah, the "guy" who can't afford a decent car, has a working gun and isn't a loser, right ?? LMAOROTFU~!
Patient # 2376,

You now have 12 Minutes to get in line for your Thorazine Injections. Failure to do so will result in restraints being used on you again today.

This is your last warning.

Signed,

The Womyn in the White Suits
4th Floor, Dangerous Psychotics Unit
Seattle West Insane Asylum
Bridgework

Saint Paul, MN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 6, 2012

Amused Slew wrote:
Oops, we OBVIOUSLY need more gun laws...
The people who didn't follow existing laws would care if there were more laws?
digger

Minneapolis, MN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 6, 2012

Amused Slew wrote:
Like gun safes, trigger locks, and ordinance restrictions ??? Yeah, IT WAS a STUPID question, right ?? LMAOROTFU~!
HEY, IDIOT, if you had ANY WORKING BRAIN CELLS PRESENT, you would have advocated for a very "harsh" sentance for these IDIOT parents, the father had a CCW permit, which means that he should have KNOWN BETTER.

BUT YOU DIDN'T, because you were AFRAID to be called a "racist".
You don't have the CAPACITY to put the BLAME and the TRUTH towards the PERPS, i.e. the PARENTS, because they aren't "white".
Seattle PD

Grantsburg, WI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 6, 2012

Amused Slew wrote:
Like gun safes, trigger locks, and ordinance restrictions ??? Yeah, IT WAS a STUPID question, right ?? LMAOROTFU~!
......Public Service Warning.....

One of Seattle's Most Notorious Idiots afflicted with a Pathological Desire for "Little BOI's" has escaped from the Seattle West Insane Aslylum.

Lock your Doors, Lock up your Sons, and lock up your Sheep and Dogs!

This is not a test, the threat is real.

This freak is known to frequent the Local Gay Bars, and the City Parks.....Arm yourselves and be on High Alert!
Wade Gustafson

Saint Paul, MN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 6, 2012

digger wrote:
<quoted text>
EXACTLY...PLUS.... the "dad" admitted that he had a concealed weapons permit, which means that he should have known how to safely keep a GUN in a home LOADED with YOUNG, interested children, because he had to go through a course in GUN SAFETY.
And to the B!TCH who tried to further her cause on the local nightly news.....Go find a telephone pole and screw yourself...
Let me tell all of you right now.... I keep a LOADED and EASILY AVAILABLE GUN IN MY HOME AT ALL TIMES. I am READY for ANY unforseen invasion, and am NOT AFRAID to defend myself. I would rather be tried by 12 than be carried by 6....
The story I read said he had a 'permit' for the gun which I took to be a permit to purchase a handgun, not a CCW.
Smart Liberal

Minneapolis, MN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 6, 2012

Smart Liberal wrote:
<quoted text>
You are the biggest POS lying hypocrite on Topix.
Stealing other posters names to try and discredit those people is just one of the many ways you demonstrate that fact.
Ah Hahahahahaha!!!

Thank you, piss ant, for responding. I go weeks without hearing back from your white angry ass!!

Thank you for making my day you redneckin' country rockin' sister lovin' trailer trash.

Oh, and yes, when you call me the biggest POS on Topix, I've been effective and that makes my day!

Ah Hahahahahaha!!!

Take some meds and get plenty of rest. Once your emotion leaves you, come on back. I'll be waiting, Opie!

Ah Hahahahahaha!!!
Wade Gustafson

Saint Paul, MN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 6, 2012

Bridgework wrote:
<quoted text>
I know, I was looking at the MN firearm statutes and could not find anything on tha for at home gun storage. I only found that language when transporting firearms. Even the statute I found only applied when children under 18 are present in the home.
I would not know where to look for a reading of the statute, but locking up guns in a home where children under 18 is the law. Apparently, this gun was under a pillow on the bed and it was loaded.
Bridgework

Saint Paul, MN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 6, 2012

Judged:

Amused Slew wrote:
So what part of it already supposed to be locked up (and was not) don't you understand? They didn't follow the existing laws, so what makes you think they would have followed more laws? Once again a morinic leftist who "thinks" law breakers care about the law.
White Trash Lars

Minneapolis, MN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 6, 2012

Judged:

digger wrote:
<quoted text>
Go ahead tough guy, and you'll be butt rammed by gangs of 12 and 6 in the cell, jack!

Ah Hahahahahaha!!!
Bob Schmahl

Minneapolis, MN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 6, 2012

Judged:

White Trash Lars wrote:
<quoted text>
Go ahead tough guy, and you'll be butt rammed by gangs of 12 and 6 in the cell, jack!
Ah Hahahahahaha!!!
Slew, why do you change your ID every time you get your ears boxed in?
Bridgework

Saint Paul, MN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 6, 2012

Judged:

Amused Slew wrote:
Geez, dip wad, save it until you have a point..
Come on slew tell us how more law would have stoped people who don't follow the law?

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

11 Users are viewing the Minneapolis Forum right now

Search the Minneapolis Forum:
Title Updated Last By Comments
Global warming 'undeniable,' scientists say (Jul '10) 24 min litesong 32,042
Michele Bachmann 2016 first woman President ( Y... 40 min LIbEralS 21
Police Shoot Dog During Chase 49 min cowboy chris 7
Vikings training camp 2 hr Space ace 1
Obama administration on verge of collapse 2 hr scirocco 44
Woman's head stepped on by Rand Paul supporters (Oct '10) 9 hr Ashby 26,189
Global cooling 'undeniable,' scientists say 9 hr LIbEralS 52
•••
•••