Drug Test Rick Perry, Says Texas Demo...

Drug Test Rick Perry, Says Texas Democrat

Posted in the Minneapolis Forum

Bob of Many Names

Saint Paul, MN

#1 Nov 16, 2012
Drug Test Rick Perry, Says Texas Democrat

Source: Huffington Post

"Texas taxpayers will not subsidize or tolerate illegal drug abuse," he said.

Lawmakers in more than 30 states have proposed drug testing for welfare benefits in recent years, but only Florida has followed through with blanket testing of welfare applicants. A federal court suspended the effort, citing the U.S. Constitution's protections against unreasonable searches by the government, but not before several months of testing proved the scheme a remarkable failure. The program cost the state more than it saved, and people applying for TANF benefits turned out to be less likely to use drugs than the general population.

The likelihood of a constitutional challenge hasn't stopped Perry or other lawmakers from pushing forward with testing requirements. Democrats in several states have responded with bills to drug test lawmakers and governors. After all, Martinez Fischer explained, the governor lives on public funds.

"He’s the largest recipient of government subsidies in the state of Texas," Martinez Fischer said of Perry. "His subsidy for his mansion is no different from someone else’s Section 8 voucher."

----------

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2012/11/16/drug...

Read more: http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2012/11/16/drug...

----------

As long as so-called drug testing includes marijuana, I am against it. I will, however, make an exception for this douche-bag (Perry).
non-starter

Saint Paul, MN

#2 Nov 17, 2012
I think drug testing all politicians, police, firefighters, teachers, mayors, councilmembers, anyone getting public money should be drug tested. Why not? Teachers, firefighters, police, and politicians have a much greater chance of impacting our lives negatively. Not only drug test them, but make them accountable for random drug testing as well.
CRASSUS

Green Bay, WI

#3 Nov 17, 2012
Drug test all liberals. They would all be unemployed.
Casey

Saint Paul, MN

#4 Nov 17, 2012
Another conservative solution in search of a problem. At let's say $25 a pop and the constitutional problems it sounds good to small government types.
CRASSUS

Green Bay, WI

#5 Nov 17, 2012
non-starter wrote:
I think drug testing all politicians, police, firefighters, teachers, mayors, councilmembers, anyone getting public money should be drug tested. Why not? Teachers, firefighters, police, and politicians have a much greater chance of impacting our lives negatively. Not only drug test them, but make them accountable for random drug testing as well.
The majority of college professors would be unemployed.
CRASSUS

Green Bay, WI

#7 Nov 17, 2012
Gay CRASSUS wrote:
OK, guys, I admit it, I really am gay and have a black lover who is the best tight end I've ever seen!
That's good to know Slew. I thought you were black with a gay lover.
Jessica

Cerritos, CA

#9 Nov 17, 2012
This topic reminds me of an ex-friend. She was a spoiled brat and a republican (big surprise huh). She thought everyone that smoked weed should be put in prison. Meanwhile, she was a borderline alcoholic. Anyone with half a brain knows weed isnt as bad as alcohol. She and her hypocrisy, one of many reasons I wont ever vote republican again.
Casey

Saint Paul, MN

#10 Nov 17, 2012
CRASSUS wrote:
<quoted text>That's good to know Slew. I thought you were black with a gay lover.
Do you ever post anything that doesn't have to do with your unfulfilled personal desires?

Nope.

Man up and admit what you are. You'll feel much better.

I'm serious. You are obviously gay. You're obsessed with male genitalia and the gym. Ride'em cowboy.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Minneapolis Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Can't manage the gov & NOT honest or trustworthy (Nov '13) 7 hr LIbErals 373
Donald trump cooler than rosie O'Donnell 9 hr space ace 25
Drop one word....add one word game (Apr '14) 12 hr White_Lightning 285
As long as we're discussing flags, what about M... 12 hr Ribs n Chicken 16
Politically Correct NASCAR 13 hr Ribs n Chicken 1
I'm Voting for Trump 13 hr Tellitlikeitis 12
95% of people at pridefest were gay white boys 14 hr Crassus A Mundo 12
More from around the web

Minneapolis People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE