Tom Powers live: Vikings have become NFL's Typhoid Marys

There are 86 comments on the TwinCities.com story from Dec 27, 2010, titled Tom Powers live: Vikings have become NFL's Typhoid Marys. In it, TwinCities.com reports that:

Tuesday night's NFL showcase game features the revitalized Michael Vick and the NFC East champion Philadelphia Eagles against ... some other NFL team.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at TwinCities.com.

First Prev
of 5
Next Last

Since: Mar 09

Saint Augustine, FL

#1 Dec 27, 2010
Not a pretty picture for the Vikings near future.
Chev Chelios

Clarinda, IA

#2 Dec 27, 2010
No owner leadership. Wilf must appear like a completely clueless dunce to other owners, which he kind of is. What we are seeing mostly however is the havoc wrecked by the criminal stupidity of Childress. Yeah, I know the arguements, some good draft picks, some good trades, not all his doing, mixed in with some painfully idiotic trades, his fault. Losing Chester. Losing Sage. The entire Moss debacle. His personality imprint is what the poison is. What a shameful boob and what a mess he left of a decent team.
the real just another day

Saint Paul, MN

#3 Dec 27, 2010
Just another day in loserville...
Jack Black

Saint Paul, MN

#4 Dec 27, 2010
Vick is a looser! He should be in prison where he belongs!! He is an abuser!! a mean, mean, mean man. What is wrong with you people??? Do you think the only thing he abused is animals??????? Why would you pay an ignorant pig a million dollars to run around with a pig skin? I just don't' get it!! Let’s give that money to our teachers, doctors and the people who deserve to earn that money..Not a F%&^$% pig a%&^% like VICK!!!!!!
The Girls

Gaffney, SC

#5 Dec 27, 2010
Total rebuilding and good riddance to the babies who whined and moaned all season...please include spielman...ad the dolts who evaluate talent on this underachieving team of boobs...
monroe

United States

#6 Dec 27, 2010
Typhoid Mary might be a bit strong, but the Vikings do have some kind of curse on them.
Al Bundy

Minneapolis, MN

#7 Dec 27, 2010
Maybe all the moves haven't worked out, but I'll gladly take Mr. Wilf as an owner over Red McCombs or any other past Viking's ownership group. At least Wilf spends money, has the right idea in mind, and tries--He actually tries, the complete opposite of McCombs.

Mr. Powers, I'm ashamed at the way you sugar-coated this article. Bryant McKinnie couldn't get odds at Vegas. If he does block it's strictly due to accident, confusion, or somebody pushed him into another player.

Since: Sep 10

Location hidden

#8 Dec 27, 2010
Key paragraph in the article is .. "Right now, everyone just wants it to be over. This "playing for pride" garbage was exposed last week when the Vikings got smoked by the Chicago Bears." ... The Vikings are in total collapse ... I see free agents fleeing for greener pastures and a complete Viking implosion ...
Gerry

United States

#9 Dec 27, 2010
I only hope that they pass an expensive stadium bill so once again the politicians and the NFL can steal whatever little money I have and redisribute it to a bunch of rich pig football players and there owners. The morons fiddle while rome burns, wake up.
Texas Viking Fan

San Antonio, TX

#10 Dec 27, 2010
Mr. Powers,
Your assesment of natures climatic conditions and the comparison to the Vikings schedule is totally illogical. Typhoid Mary as you know was a disease carrier. So far as I know no one has died playing the Vikings. The conditions mother nature has unleashed is affecting the northeast as well as the south (No Viking games there).
I look forward to your next weather disaster report.

How about this..... "Blizzard buries Detroit" .... Game moved to Hawaii.
LA Viking

Stillwater, MN

#11 Dec 27, 2010
Sounds like the NFL will let the Vikings move after the strike to LA there is no statium issue there, bye bye Vikings

Location hidden

#12 Dec 27, 2010
Texas Viking Fan wrote:
Mr. Powers,
Your assesment of natures climatic conditions and the comparison to the Vikings schedule is totally illogical. Typhoid Mary as you know was a disease carrier. So far as I know no one has died playing the Vikings. The conditions mother nature has unleashed is affecting the northeast as well as the south (No Viking games there).
maybe he meant "typhoon mary" ..... bwaaaahaaahaaa

Location hidden

#13 Dec 27, 2010
Texas Viking Fan wrote:
Mr. Powers,
or maybe he meant "typhoid Brett" .... after all he killed the Vikes Super Bowl dream .... bwaaaahaaahaaa again
jeffrey reed

Saint Paul, MN

#14 Dec 27, 2010
There are almost no players on Minnesotas roster that are over 30 years old. The team is stacked for multiple runs over the next few years, but needs to establish the next man up at qb and get viable play out of the position while getting more out of the O-line. This season for the Vikings was no mystery. 1300 yd WRs are very valuable. Pro Bowl CBs aren't replaceable, especially Pro Bowl cover-2 corners. O-Line in their 2nd year starting aren't very successful. There's no mystery to anything about the Vikings. This team is in great shape for years. They will have 20M next season and could have 30M+. The only key starters who will be over 31 entering next season for the Vikings are very competent (there are a couple who won't be back). The myth that this team was built for 1 shot is unsupported by the facts.
Harry

Los Angeles, CA

#15 Dec 27, 2010
AAAron Rodgers wrote:
Key paragraph in the article is .. "Right now, everyone just wants it to be over. This "playing for pride" garbage was exposed last week when the Vikings got smoked by the Chicago Bears." ... The Vikings are in total collapse ... I see free agents fleeing for greener pastures and a complete Viking implosion ...
Too true. Why are you here?
monroe

United States

#16 Dec 27, 2010
LA Viking wrote:
Sounds like the NFL will let the Vikings move after the strike to LA there is no statium issue there, bye bye Vikings
There isn't a stadium issue because there isn't a stadium.
steve baker

Dubuque, IA

#17 Dec 27, 2010
Duluth already had an NFL long before Mpls/St Paul did! The Eskimos went 1 and 8 and lost to the Packers 20-0 in 1927, their final season.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Duluth_Kelleys/E...

Since: Jul 10

Saint Paul, MN

#18 Dec 27, 2010
Jack Black wrote:
Vick is a looser! He should be in prison where he belongs!! He is an abuser!! a mean, mean, mean man. What is wrong with you people??? Do you think the only thing he abused is animals??????? Why would you pay an ignorant pig a million dollars to run around with a pig skin? I just don't' get it!! Let’s give that money to our teachers, doctors and the people who deserve to earn that money..Not a F%&^$% pig a%&^% like VICK!!!!!!
Jacka$$ Black - he served his time in prison! Also doctors are already making a mint! As for teachers we can pay them more, however it involves raising taxes! Would you be willing to raiser your taxes to support the teachers?
jonnyk

Eden Prairie, MN

#19 Dec 27, 2010
A doomed franchise and has been for decades-go to LA please!!
jonnyk

Eden Prairie, MN

#20 Dec 27, 2010
Orange Pop wrote:
<quoted text>
Jacka$$ Black - he served his time in prison! Also doctors are already making a mint! As for teachers we can pay them more, however it involves raising taxes! Would you be willing to raiser your taxes to support the teachers?
No they only work for 8 months and public education is a debacle!!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 5
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Minneapolis Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Letter tells L.I. black family: 'YOU DON'T BELO... 9 min omg 1
Judicial Assistant 50 min Redeemer 1
american nationalist party 51 min Redeemer 16
Riding the Gay Choo Choo Train 4 hr FOVR 12
waze 5 hr Spirit 2
Drop one word....add one word game (Apr '14) 6 hr Silly times 248
Best massage in Minneapolis 7 hr FOVR 2
More from around the web

Minneapolis People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE