|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 22, 2012

Judged:

Amused Slew wrote:
<quoted text>As for buying Costco some of them are union and the rest pay a decent wage & benefit package, PUTZ !~ Gee, what a moronic loser, no wonder ALL you can afford is a 4 door Corvair.... LMAOROTFU~!
As for COSTCO being union...less than 15%. And your statement shows that unions are not needed.

My business is not unionized. A majority of my competitors are union shops at some level. We are visited every year by a local union rep who tries to organize the employees. Each year, he is told to leave because the employees know they have a far better job by being non-union.

If the employees ever decide they want to organize, that is their choice. But I guarantee, they will not have the benefits or income they currently enjoy. Perhaps that is why they usher the local union rep back out the door.
Amused Slew

Seattle, WA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 22, 2012

Judged:

Actually, you just made another dumb comment...

Costco pays the same at most stores, BECAUSE of the prevailing union wage...

As for "personal facts", lets meet at
Sea-Tac Hertz counter.
10/10/12
9:15 AM PDT
And discuss them ~! LMAOROTFU~!

Dude, you're a joke in the credibility department and you're the basement dweller YOU write about...

Poor schmuck ~! LMAOROTFU~!
Amused Slew

Seattle, WA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 22, 2012

Judged:

Today, unions continue serve the same purpose for which they were originally founded. CEO and executive compensation is skyrocketing, while the middle class suffers from layoffs, unemployment and stagnant wages. Average CEO total compensation at S&P 500 companies, according to the AFL-CIO 2010 Pay Watch, is over $11 million.

Current union agendas include increasing wages, raising the standard of living for the working class, ensuring safe working conditions, and increasing benefits for both workers and their families.
Workers need fair treatment today as much as ever

Unions are important because most corporations focus on creating profits at the expense of employees.

The nature of work in America is changing. Employers are trying to shed responsibility for providing health insurance, good pension coverage, reasonable work hours and job safety protections. Instead, companies are making workers' jobs and incomes less secure through downsizing, part-timing, contracting out, and sending jobs off-shore.

More than ever, working people need the collective voice and bargaining power unions provide to keep employers from making the workplace look as it did in the early nineteenth century.

Without collective representation, the threat of sweatshop conditions, unlivable wages and 70-hour work weeks may become a part of working America’s future as well as its past.

Today and in the future, labor unions will continue to play an important role our country’s work force and the quality of life for working families. If you are not a union member, you can learn about the benefits of fighting for the middle class in America.

America’s working families need the representation, collective power, pride in work and fair treatment they in the workplace that they deserve.
Straight Talk from a Fellow Worker

Joseph Crane, CWA Local Union 7901

Working people have a lot of concerns in this economy. They want decent pay. They want benefits. And of course they want job security. I tell them all the reasons why they need union representation.

“The one and only Smart Liberal”

Since: Aug 12

Former MN Tax Payer

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 22, 2012

Judged:

Amused Slew wrote:
Today, unions continue serve the same purpose for which they were originally founded. CEO and executive compensation is skyrocketing, while the middle class suffers from layoffs, unemployment and stagnant wages. Average CEO total compensation at S&P 500 companies, according to the AFL-CIO 2010 Pay Watch, is over $11 million.
Current union agendas include increasing wages, raising the standard of living for the working class, ensuring safe working conditions, and increasing benefits for both workers and their families.
Workers need fair treatment today as much as ever
Unions are important because most corporations focus on creating profits at the expense of employees.
The nature of work in America is changing. Employers are trying to shed responsibility for providing health insurance, good pension coverage, reasonable work hours and job safety protections. Instead, companies are making workers' jobs and incomes less secure through downsizing, part-timing, contracting out, and sending jobs off-shore.
More than ever, working people need the collective voice and bargaining power unions provide to keep employers from making the workplace look as it did in the early nineteenth century.
Without collective representation, the threat of sweatshop conditions, unlivable wages and 70-hour work weeks may become a part of working America’s future as well as its past.
Today and in the future, labor unions will continue to play an important role our country’s work force and the quality of life for working families. If you are not a union member, you can learn about the benefits of fighting for the middle class in America.
America’s working families need the representation, collective power, pride in work and fair treatment they in the workplace that they deserve.
Straight Talk from a Fellow Worker
Joseph Crane, CWA Local Union 7901
Working people have a lot of concerns in this economy. They want decent pay. They want benefits. And of course they want job security. I tell them all the reasons why they need union representation.
Bullsh*t.

"Companies work hard to keep unions out when it comes to pay and benefits," said John Malloy, an executive search consultant with Sanford Rose Associates. "Why join a union when you are making more money without them."

“HHhhhoooowwwlll”

Since: Feb 08

Craigville

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 22, 2012

Judged:

Amused Slew wrote:
<quoted text>Great election, who'd you have "runnning", dip shit ??? LMAOROTFu~
speaking of squat........
Bobby

Saint Paul, MN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 22, 2012

Judged:

Smart Liberal wrote:
<quoted text>
Bullsh*t.
"Companies work hard to keep unions out when it comes to pay and benefits," said John Malloy, an executive search consultant with Sanford Rose Associates. "Why join a union when you are making more money without them."
That's the point exactly. If the unions weren't there to set a bar they wouldn't have to work so hard, would they?
Amused Slew

Seattle, WA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 22, 2012

Judged:

40for60 wrote:
<quoted text>
speaking of squat........
Sorry, you can't spell 2 syllable words, squat loser... LMAOROTFU~!
Consistent

Grantsburg, WI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 22, 2012

Judged:

Amused Slew wrote:
<quoted text>Sorry, you can't spell 2 syllable words, squat loser... LMAOROTFU~!
I hope the Jello and the Canned Turkey was extra delicious at theSeattle West Asylum oday.

You deserve something special because you brighten up the world, and make everyone you touch better for having known you.

You Fauching Sociopath!

Oh well, I am outta here, gotta go be thankful for my Family, my Nephew that was slaughtered in "Barry Soretto's War of Choice", my 3 year old Grand Daughter that left to soon, and thankful that "The Great Soretto Depression" will not destroy my country this Thanksgiving.
Amused Slew

Seattle, WA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 22, 2012

Judged:

oday.
Sociopath!
Amused Slew

Seattle, WA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 22, 2012

Judged:

Consistent wrote:
<quoted text>
I hope the Jello and the Canned Turkey was extra delicious at theSeattle West Asylum oday.
You deserve something special because you brighten up the world, and make everyone you touch better for having known you.
You Fauching Sociopath!
Oh well, I am outta here, gotta go be thankful for my Family, my Nephew that was slaughtered in "Barry Soretto's War of Choice", my 3 year old Grand Daughter that left to soon, and thankful that "The Great Soretto Depression" will not destroy my country this Thanksgiving.
Even wonder why you were left behind ?? You could try harder to catch up...
Robert

Minneapolis, MN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 22, 2012

Judged:

Bobby wrote:
<quoted text>
That's the point exactly. If the unions weren't there to set a bar they wouldn't have to work so hard, would they?
Ever heard of a competitive marketplace? That is what sets the bar for wages. It sure as help isn't some bs union that dictates wage.
Bobby

Saint Paul, MN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 22, 2012

Judged:

Robert wrote:
<quoted text>
Ever heard of a competitive marketplace? That is what sets the bar for wages. It sure as help isn't some bs union that dictates wage.
So you disagree with Smart Liberals source?

Unions are part of the competitive marketplace and are directly responsible for many gains on behalf of workers. Small things like a 40 hour work week, sick pay and safe working conditions.

“HHhhhoooowwwlll”

Since: Feb 08

Craigville

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 22, 2012

Judged:

Bobby wrote:
<quoted text>
Unions are part of the competitive marketplace and are directly responsible for many gains on behalf of workers. Small things like a 40 hour work week, sick pay and safe working conditions.
But sadly, all the other archaic 'union' rules that accumulate over years of negotiations can hamstring any company.
There were many gains by workers back when unions were actually needed, but how many gains have union officials notched out lately?
They've over stayed their welcome, and everyone but the union worker can see it.
Amused Slew

Minneapolis, MN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 22, 2012

Judged:

Bobby wrote:
<quoted text>
Well arn't you just full of BS.

40 hour work week is toast. Companies have learned it's easy to mandate overtime to avoid having to hire more staff taking on more overhead.

Sick leave is abused with all kinds of gimmics with payouts for unused sicktime. This is especially true in Government it's not common for top mangers to get tens of thousands of dollars for unused sick time.

Safe work conditions are a joke. Workers continue to die in workplace mishaps. OSHA is a joke that is great at investigating injury incidents but mishaps continue.
Sour Grapes POOR BABY

Minneapolis, MN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 23, 2012

Judged:

Smart Liberal wrote:
<quoted text>
The sour grapes are all from your side. Your rantings could have been taken word for word from your daily SEIU Talking Points e-mail.
I do like your quote where you say "With all the savings from stripping people of wages and benefits, our prices have not gone down, they've gone up!"
Computers? TVs? Telephones? All way down. Made by non union labor elsewhere. Even if you want to pay double or triple for an American made product, I bet you would be hard pressed to find one.
Cars? Washing machines? Groceries? Government? All way up, but they are done by union labor.
How many union members shop Wal-Mart? Target? Costco? Aldi's? Without union members as customers, each of those businesses would be suffering.
BUY AMERICAN! BUY UNION MADE! Yeah, sure. I will as soon as you union hypocrites do.
We widely disagree, Smart (Liberal?)
And judging by the most recent election, I think the electorate agrees with me.
We bought your bill of goods and tried it your way. Gone are the good paying union jobs and the stimulating dollars that came with them.
Step aside conservative, we're (as you like to say) taking our country back!
Sorry Charlie.
Shut Your Mouth

Minneapolis, MN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 23, 2012

Judged:

Consistent wrote:
<quoted text>
You Fauching Sociopath!
Well if they ere anything like you, this world is better of without them!

Send some more to Barry's, I mean GW's war, will you?
Amused Slew

Seattle, WA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 23, 2012

Judged:

Gee, you just blamed companies for unemployment, when you've been blaming Obama all along, wrong Slew.

As for "management" sick leave, THAT'S NOT UNION, MORON !!! LMAOROTFU~!

Safe working conditions are the PROBLEM brought on by overwork, exhaustion, and the same profit driven management, unions rein in...

LOOK LIKE UNIONS ARE COMING BACK, right dumb fake Slew !???
Miss Piggy

Minneapolis, MN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 23, 2012

Judged:

Well, look who was just frothing at the bit to get back to a day of trolling, lying, insulting strangers, and just generally spreading unpleasantness!
Amused Slew

Seattle, WA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 23, 2012

Judged:

Yeah, we see YOU old sow....

Gee, you just blamed companies for unemployment, when you've been blaming Obama all along, wrong Slew.

As for "management" sick leave, THAT'S NOT UNION, MORON !!! LMAOROTFU~!

Safe working conditions are the PROBLEM brought on by overwork, exhaustion, and the same profit driven management, unions rein in...

LOOK LIKE UNIONS ARE COMING BACK, right dumb fake Slew !???
Shut Your Mouth

Minneapolis, MN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 23, 2012

Judged:

Miss Piggy wrote:
Well, look who was just frothing at the bit to get back to a day of trolling, lying, insulting strangers, and just generally spreading unpleasantness!
Miss Slob, you should talk!

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

•••
•••
•••

Minneapolis Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••

Minneapolis People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

•••

Minneapolis News, Events & Info