Minneapolis, MN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 20, 2013

Judged:

West Point Military Acadamy Combating Terrorism Study: 400% rise in Rightwing Violence since 90's

I recently posted a diary about special tesitimony of a terrorism consultant regarding 'rightwing violence'. That testimony presented evidence that since 9/11/2001, 5 terrorist actions were attributed to 'Muslim extremists' and resulted in the deaths of 17 people. One the other hand, the 'terrorism expert is named "Johnson"...

Rightwing extremists killed 16 police officers and wounded 27 others, he said. Since 2009, one abortion doctor was murdered and six clinics that provided abortion services were bombed — all presumably by rightwing extremists. Most recently, Johnson noted that a white supremacist killed six worshipers at a Sikh temple in Wisconsin. Numerous anti-government plots have also been foiled by law enforcement.

En route to writing another article about the rightwing and its attitudes and propensity towards violence, I found this study, apparently just released.

West Point study on ‘violent far right’ shows ‘dramatic rise’ in attacks

A report published by the Combating Terrorism Center at West Point Military Academy on Jan. 15 discusses the potential dangers of “violent far-right” organizations, which has angered some conservatives that believe the military should focus on international threats.

The appearance of rightwingers doing 9 different ballet moves to excuse these attacks and this unique entitlement to it is to be expects, if you haven't expected it. I digress

The paper outlined 3 different sup-themes in 'the extreme far right: racists organizations, anti-federalists, and more generic 'fundamental groups' such as Aryan Nation and other Christian Identity groups.

“Findings indicate that…it is not only feelings of deprivation that motivate those involved in far right violence, but also the sense of empowerment that emerges when the political system is perceived to be increasingly permissive to far right ideas,”

There is a must-see graph at the link and it shows a steeply increasing frequency of violent incidence beginning in the mid-1990s, with a reported 70 'attacks' per year attributed to 'far right extremists'. Look at the rise up to 2008.

The average number of attacks per year in the
first 11 years of the twenty-first century was 307.5, a rise of more than 400%.”

http://www.dailykos.com/story/2013/01/20/1180...
digger

Minneapolis, MN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 20, 2013

Judged:

Let's see.....

Rodney King Riots...1991
Occupy Oakland....2012
Occupy Wall Street....rapes, dopers, etc. 2012
RNC St. Paul...2008
Aurora Theatre shooter (he was NO Conservative)..2012
Red Lake, MN school shooter, mid 2000's
DNC NYC...2004

Chicago....500+ murders in 2012
Detroit....400+ murders in 2012

Ft. Hood, TX massacre...mid 2000s
Brian

Edwardsville, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 20, 2013

Judged:

digger wrote:
Let's see.....
Rodney King Riots...1991
Occupy Oakland....2012
Occupy Wall Street....rapes, dopers, etc. 2012
RNC St. Paul...2008
Aurora Theatre shooter (he was NO Conservative)..2012
Red Lake, MN school shooter, mid 2000's
DNC NYC...2004
Chicago....500+ murders in 2012
Detroit....400+ murders in 2012
Ft. Hood, TX massacre...mid 2000s
east st louis daily...gary indiana...baltimore...
space ace

Minneapolis, MN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 22, 2013

Judged:

West Point Military Acadamy Combating Terrorism Study: 400% rise in Rightwing Violence since 90's

Since: Jan 13

Minneapolis, MN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 22, 2013

space ace wrote:
What does that mean?? That cadets, their ranks still wet behind the ears, with little or NO real life experience, either in combat, or in understanding the realities of life across this vast nation, are NOW, so-called "experts" on "right-wing violence"??

Really??? Is that why West Point exists, to "combat" "right-wing" extremism?

I thought that West Point was established and maintained to produce the finest and future military (and maybe political) leaders to maintain this country's status as a global leader in ethics, leadership, and humanitarian efforts.

I guess that West Point has maybe outlived their usefulness. Sad to say, but maybe quite true.
Amused Slew

Seattle, WA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 22, 2013

You're almost a moron, keep posting, putz ! You "spelled" moron wrong and I've always owned better cars, then you digger/loser ! LMAOROTFU~!

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

•••
•••
•••
•••

Minneapolis Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••

Minneapolis People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

•••