Gee, I guess IT and distribution taxe...

Gee, I guess IT and distribution taxes do have consequences

Posted in the Minneapolis Forum

Scooby Slew

Saint Paul, MN

#1 Jul 26, 2013
Distribution firm Navarre leaving Minnesota for Texas after 30 years
Article by: STEVE ALEXANDER , Star Tribune
Updated: June 27, 2013 - 9:21 PM

It will shift HQ to its Speed FC e-commerce operations in Dallas.

Software distribution firm Navarre Corp. has quietly announced plans to move its corporate headquarters from New Hope to Dallas this year.

The company this week named Terry Tuttle to be its new chief financial officer, replacing CFO Diane Lapp,“who is resigning due to the upcoming relocation of Navarre’s corporate headquarters from Minneapolis to Dallas.”

That was the first time the 30-year-old Minnesota firm had said publicly that it planned to move not just some of its warehousing operations but also its headquarters to the site of its recently acquired Speed FC e-commerce operation based in Texas. Navarre acquired Speed FC Inc. last November for $50 million in cash and stock.

Navarre officials did not respond to telephone calls on Wednesday and Thursday.
Scooby Slew

Saint Paul, MN

#2 Jul 26, 2013
Last year, Navarre acquired Dallas-based SpeedFC, an e-commerce fulfillment services firm, for $50 million. SpeedFC is expanding operations in Ohio, adding 250 jobs there.
Scooby Slew

Saint Paul, MN

#3 Jul 26, 2013
Dayton and the legislature's new taxes cost the state about 450 jobs in this company alone.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Minneapolis Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Ben Carson: #BlackLivesMatter misfire 2 hr UncleSam 18
Black Lies Matter to Disrupt State Fair! 4 hr Little Boy Blue 55
I just crapped in my pants 4 hr Fred 3
clinton probe extends to key aides 4 hr Yikes Reply 27
Little Boy Blew 4 hr UncleSam 4
Drop one word....add one word game (Apr '14) 6 hr Intrepid Surfer 316
He ended the Iraq war 10 hr Mensania 12
More from around the web

Personal Finance

Minneapolis Mortgages