If You Like Your Doctor, "You Can Pay...

If You Like Your Doctor, "You Can Pay for It"

Posted in the Minneapolis Forum

LIbEralS

Saint Paul, MN

#1 Dec 8, 2013
The TRUTH starts to come out:

Obamacare architect Zeke Emanuel,"If you want to pay more for an insurance company that covers your doctor, you can do that. This is a matter of choice.”

- fact that a number, most, in fact, of the Obamacare health plans that are being offered on the exchanges EXCLUDE a number of doctors and hospitals to lower costs

- top hospitals in several states will be excluded from Obamacare

- your premiums will probably go up

- No one guaranteed you that your premium wouldn’t increase

- The president guaranteed me I could keep my doctor, and if you want to, you can pay for it.

http://www.theblaze.com/stories/2013/12/08/ob...
LIbEralS

Saint Paul, MN

#2 Dec 9, 2013
And they start to fight back!

70% Of Calfornia's Doctors Expected To Boycott Obamacare:

“We need some recognition that we’re doing a service to the community. But we can’t do it for free. And we can’t do it at a loss. No other business would do that,” exclaims the president of the California Medical Association, as The Washington Examiner reports, independent insurance brokers estimate 70% of California's 104,000 licensed doctors are boycotting the exchange.“The Covered California board says we have plenty of doctors, and they allege they have 85 percent of doctors participating, but they’ve shown no numbers," and if a large number of doctors either balk at participating in the exchange or retire, the state’s medical system could be overwhelmed.“Enrollment doesn’t mean access, because there aren’t enough doctors to take the low rates of Medicaid,” warns one health director.“There aren’t enough primary care physicians, period.”

An estimated seven out of every 10 physicians in deep-blue California are rebelling against the state's Obamacare health insurance exchange and won't participate, the head of the state's largest medical association said.

“It doesn't surprise me that there's a high rate of nonparticipation,” said Dr. Richard Thorp, president of the California Medical Association.

California offers one of the lowest government reimbursement rates in the country -- 30 percent lower than federal Medicare payments. And reimbursement rates for some procedures are even lower.

“Some physicians have been put in the network and they were included basically without their permission,” Lisa Folberg said. She is a CMA’s vice president of medical and regulatory Policy.

“They may be listed as actually participating, but not of their own volition,”

http://www.zerohedge.com/news/2013-12-07/70-c...

“I am always right.”

Since: Oct 09

Former MN Taxpayer

#4 Dec 9, 2013
As we move down the road toward full implementation of Obamacare, we will be finding our many more surprises.

This is what Speaker Pelosi meant when she said:“We have to pass the bill to find out what is in the bill.”

Any person who is stupid enough to trust a politician to provide their health care will get exactly what they deserve.

Since: Sep 11

Rogers, MN

#5 Dec 9, 2013
IrishMN wrote:
As we move down the road toward full implementation of Obamacare, we will be finding our many more surprises.
This is what Speaker Pelosi meant when she said:“We have to pass the bill to find out what is in the bill.”
Any person who is stupid enough to trust a politician to provide their health care will get exactly what they deserve.
And anyone who accepted the answer from Pelosi is indeed, a complete moron. And a mindless sheep. She should have been fired on the spot for that answer.
LIbEralS

Saint Paul, MN

#6 Dec 9, 2013
No, You Can't Keep Your DRUGS Either Under Obamacare:

Simply put, many drugs may not be covered at all, and the costs patients incur by buying them with cash won’t count against out of pocket caps. This has repercussions for drug makers with big portfolios of specialty and primary care drugs (more on that later). But most of all, it has implications for patients.

Drugs on your health plan’s formulary will typically have fixed co-pays. These costs usually count toward your deductible and the out of pocket and lifetime limits on the total amount of money that your health plan can ask you to spend.

As the Wall Street Journal recently reported, these co-pays can already be substantial, pushing people quickly to their annual out-of-pocket limits —$6,350 for individuals and $12,700 for families (after which insurers pay the full tab).

But consider the even bigger problem lurking inside the law.

The out of pocket caps on consumer spending only apply to costs incurred on drugs that are included on a plan’s drug formulary. This is the list of medicines that the health plans have agreed to provide some coverage for.

If the drug isn’t on this formulary list, then the patient could be responsible for its full cost (with little or no co-insurance to help offset that cost). Moreover, the money they spend won’t count against their deductibles or out of pocket limits ($12,700 for a family,$6,350 for an individual).

http://www.forbes.com/sites/scottgottlieb/201...

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Minneapolis Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Purple Faith: Prince's Life as a Jehovah's Witness 23 min Chief Sealth 650
Adolf H!tler : The Greatest Story Never Told 1 hr space ace 22
Prince will be Minnesota's biggest taxpayer nex... 13 hr Prince Fan 1
Thought for the Day 13 hr TAAM 56
Somalians 15 hr space ace 12
my food was poisoned! 15 hr Sammie 5
Questioning The Holocaust - Why We Believed 21 hr New Documentary 1
More from around the web

Personal Finance

Minneapolis Mortgages