Metro Transit workers reject new cont...

Metro Transit workers reject new contract offer

There are 3 comments on the TwinCities.com story from Sep 20, 2010, titled Metro Transit workers reject new contract offer. In it, TwinCities.com reports that:

Metro Transit workers have again rejected a contract offer. Sixty-one percent of ballots cast were against the proposal and 39 percent were in favor.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at TwinCities.com.

Transit destroyed

Minneapolis, MN

#1 Sep 20, 2010
Pawlenty and Peter Bell have tried to destroy transit for 8 years.

Massive fare increases that equal and hour of minimum wage to get to and from work, schedule cuts, mismatch fare schemes for trains, rotating shifts for drivers, cutting health coverage, part timing the work force to cut benefits, lack of protection for workers.

It has broken the system, this is the coup de grace to finally break the union and the transit system.

Darn shame.
Chris

Saint Paul, MN

#2 Sep 20, 2010
Yeah! I'm going to lose my job! Also I need 1700 dollars of dental work and now I won't be able to pay for it! And I can't volunteer anymore! And I have a grandmother in a nursing home in Mendota heights who I won't be able to visit in month or 2 they hammer out the dispute between Tim pawlenty and the bus drivers! I've got a message for the govenor and the drivers. GO TO HELL!

“Watching the Lemming parade”

Since: Apr 08

St Paul

#3 Sep 20, 2010
Transit destroyed wrote:
Pawlenty and Peter Bell have tried to destroy transit for 8 years.
Massive fare increases that equal and hour of minimum wage to get to and from work, schedule cuts, mismatch fare schemes for trains, rotating shifts for drivers, cutting health coverage, part timing the work force to cut benefits, lack of protection for workers.
It has broken the system, this is the coup de grace to finally break the union and the transit system.
Darn shame.
Destroy transit? Like what, by making it try to better sustain itself through actual management? Im ok with some subsidy but how much of your operating expenses are paid by the tax payers and not the service you actually provide? Juuuust curious if you can back up your claim here.

And fare increases? What behind the pace of inflation much less actual costs of operation. You have some numbers on that?

Part timing? REALLY? thats a flat LIE!!

Hmmm......

Are you a bus driver and if so please tell us all about that MASSIVE overtime they just exposed on channel 5 news. You know, how many drivers are actually earning 6 figure salaries after all the OT. How TONS more are over 75 grand..... Whats your complaint again?

Maybe someone NEEDS to break that union and start finding managers who will actually operate that place like it had a moral and fiscal obligation to those who fund its existance.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Minneapolis Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Democrats call for impeachment 5 min Space ace 60
Does anyone remember the Rendezvous in Minneapo... 3 hr Curious 1
Davy crockett fake news 6 hr Davycrockett 5
Slimeball Trump Tue Space ace 21
Can't manage the gov & NOT honest or trustworthy (Nov '13) Tue LIbEralS 590
Bethal University snowflakes May 22 LIbEralS 13
Harvard Professor Working to Impeach Trump May 22 Batch 37 Pain Is ... 5

Minneapolis Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance