|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 20, 2013

No Black Nurses Request Draws Lawsuit

Source: ABC News

A Michigan hospital is under fire after a lawsuit claims it fulfilled a father’s request to have no black nurses look after his baby in the neonatal intensive care unit last fall.

A black nurse sued Hurley Medical Center for discrimination and violation of the state civil rights act after the nurse manager reassigned her because of the man’s request for no black nurses, according to the complaint.

The man also pulled up his sleeve to reveal “some type of tattoo which was believed to be a swastika of some kind,” the complaint from nurse Tonya Battle, 49, read. The name of the father who made the request was not included in the court papers.

“Please, No African American Nurses to care for Baby per Dad’s request. Thank you,” read a note that was attached to the baby’s clipboard and obtained by ABC affiliate WJRT in Flint, Mich. This followed a staff meeting and a call to the nurse’s home to inform her of the decision, according to the complaint.

Read more: http://abcnews.go.com/blogs/health/2013/02/20...
AntiMelting

New Richmond, WI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 20, 2013

Nice race card.
Christingle Matthews

Minneapolis, MN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 20, 2013

sofa King Cool wrote:
This information violates HIPPA laws.
How? The persons identity wasn't made public, and quite honestly if you are stupid enough to request something like this, you deserve to be identified.
Christingle Matthews

Minneapolis, MN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 20, 2013

sofa King Cool wrote:
<quoted text>
I used to work in the music business. There were many times a black singer going on tour would specify using an all black band. Not a problem.
Same thing here.
BTW: You sound like a really fat girl. How big are ya?
Not legal. Show business is a little different than a hospital, but you don't sound bright enough to understand that.

Since: Sep 11

Rogers, MN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 20, 2013

Do we know the whole story on this? Was the baby's life in danger so the staff told the jerk anything to get the child in to treatment?
Christingle Matthews

Minneapolis, MN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 20, 2013

Go read the news article, if you can.
Christingle Matthews

Minneapolis, MN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 20, 2013

Not in anything classifed as a public accommodation.

Rogers, MN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 20, 2013

Christingle Matthews wrote:
Go read the news article, if you can.
I did. It only refers to the child being in neonatal ICU. It does not go in to details and does not say whether the child was in imminent danger at the time they agreed to this.

Rogers, MN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 20, 2013

Christingle Matthews wrote:
<quoted text>
Not legal. Show business is a little different than a hospital, but you don't sound bright enough to understand that.
And a black singer requesting an all black band is not racist or prejudicial?
Bushwhacker

Seattle, WA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 20, 2013

cantmakeitup wrote:
<quoted text>
And a black singer requesting an all black band is not racist or prejudicial?
What if this imaginary band was made up ff black Mambo snakes and albino ones are hard to find ??? LMAOROTFU~!
Bushwhacker

Seattle, WA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 20, 2013

What if this imaginary band was made up of black Mambo snakes and albino ones are hard to find ??? LMAOROTFU~!
redeemer

Saint Paul, MN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 20, 2013

CRASSUS wrote:
It takes an education to become a nurse. Most blacks can't pass Anatomy and Physiology. That's if they can even make it that far.
and you can't pass a drug test!
Bushwhacker

Seattle, WA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 20, 2013

CRASSUS wrote:
It takes an education to become a nurse. Most blacks can't pass Anatomy and Physiology. That's if they can even make it that far.
Anatomy & physiology are both simply subjects, why did you capitalize them like proper names, dumb*SS ??? Let me guess, collage ?
redeemer

Saint Paul, MN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 20, 2013

Bushwhacker wrote:
<quoted text>Anatomy & physiology are both simply subjects, why did you capitalize them like proper names, dumb*SS ??? Let me guess, collage ?
collage my as,GED prep skol.
Bushwhacker

Minneapolis, MN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 20, 2013

Bushwhacker wrote:
<quoted text>What if this imaginary band was made up ff black Mambo snakes and albino ones are hard to find ??? LMAOROTFU~!
Slewsie dear, you are the best at making up shyt and then inserting it into the conversation at just the wrong time. No one does that as well as my gay hubby.
Bushwhacker

Seattle, WA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 20, 2013

Anatomy & physiology are both simply subjects, why did you capitalize them like proper names, dumb*SS ??? Let me guess, collage ?
Bushwhacker

Minneapolis, MN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 20, 2013

Bushwhacker wrote:
Slewsie, you are in danger of losing your job as the Spell Check Queen again. You don't want that to happen do you. Next time spell college correctly, OK?
digger

Minneapolis, MN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 20, 2013

So when Beyonce had her baby, and had an ENTIRE FLOOR of a HOSPITAL cleared out, with not a shred of protest, now this guy gets raked over the coals about this??
digger

Minneapolis, MN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 20, 2013

CRASSUS wrote:
<quoted text>Beyonce is a VIJ! Very important Jigger.
Well, you couldn't pay me a MILLION DOLLARS to see a "beyonce" concert, and that's the truth.

let her shake her a$$ all she wants, I still won't PAY TO SEE HER.
Bushwhacker

Seattle, WA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 20, 2013

Judged:

But you do read every item of gossip about her, right GURL !!! Even if it is total BS !!

Beyonce and Jay-Z did NOT pay $1.3 million so the Destiny's Child singer could give birth to Blue Ivy in a sealed off private floor ... this according to the hospital.

A rep for Lenox Hill Hospital just released a statement, claiming, "The suggestion that the couple paid $1.3 million to rent an entire maternity floor is simply not true."

The rep adds, "The family is housed in an executive suite at the hospital and is being billed the standard rate for those accommodations."

According to the rep, "The family does have its own security detail on site. However, the hospital has been and continues to be in control of managing all security at the facility. We have made every effort to ensure minimal disruption to other families experiencing the births of their own children over the past three days."

You go GURL, lie some more !!

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 1 - 20 of20
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

10 Users are viewing the Minneapolis Forum right now

Search the Minneapolis Forum:
Topic Updated Last By Comments
The truth about arab aggression against israel 23 min Captain Yesterday 17
Global cooling 'undeniable,' scientists say 45 min Captain Yesterday 10
Global warming 'undeniable,' scientists say (Jul '10) 2 hr Mothra 31,843
Woman's head stepped on by Rand Paul supporters (Oct '10) 3 hr EASTER 26,172
The Impeachment Delusion 4 hr Seattle Slime 9
Get away from the cities and all the crime 7 hr Bellweather 4
Springtime in Chicago 7 hr Bellweather 28
•••
•••