Blue Cross, Fairview at impasse over doctors' fees

Full story: TwinCities.com

Tough negotiating between Minnesota's largest health insurer and the state's third-largest health system has patients scrambling to find new doctors and worrying about disruptions to their medical care.

Comments (Page 3)

Showing posts 41 - 47 of47
|
next page >
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Katy

Minneapolis, MN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 7, 2008

Balance wrote:
Can we please have some balance here?!
Fairview is the highest paid health care system in the state, and they are asking for double digit increases in reimbursement.
If BCBS were to agree to what they're asking for, HealthEast, HealthPartners, and every other health plan will be lining up to demand the same.
Do you want your premiums to go up by double digits?
All of the other health plans ARE in agreement and contracted with Fairview...
Oh really

Minneapolis, MN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 7, 2008

Sharon - Eagan wrote:
I hate Blue Cross! Everytime you call BC you get a different answer! I also dislike Fairview-poor care. We need National Health coverage, so everyone is treated the same.
So everyone is treated the same? You mean like crap?
texas tommy

Eden Prairie, MN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 7, 2008

Don't see dick,
ifn yew aint sick!

“Charity is a Personal Choice”

Since: Mar 08

Saint Paul, MN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 7, 2008

Judged:

Informed Consumer wrote:
Since you want fairview to get the payment they are demanding, I assume that you are willing to pay the increase in cost for your policy. The money has to come from somewhere. BCBS is not a bottomless pit of money. Fairview is unwilling to budge on this issue because they are looking to make a profit. By demanding more money than any other health system fairview is sending the message that they are better than other health systems which is not true. BCBS does not dictate to members where or what type of care they receive the choice is yours. BCBS is also responsible for controlling healthcare cost for all members not just the one's who use fairview clinics. In the future before you make comments dictated by emotions please take a minute get all the facts and them make an informed comment.
<quoted text>
BCBS is not some virtuous organization looking out solely for the welfare of its customers. In a day and age where healthcare accounts for roughly 1/6 of the GNP and those costs have far outpaced any other financial index, BCBS should stand up and take their share of the blame just like FV.

I've been a BCBS customer for 15+ years. Every year my premiums go up, co-pays up, prescriptions up and the quality of healthcare has transformed into conveyor belt medicine. It almost makes a guy look closer at universal heath care. I said ALMOST.
texas tommy

Eden Prairie, MN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 7, 2008

(JINGLE OPEN) At Fairview, they're such great, grat guys. At Fairview, Fribella takes the prize. At 1800 Univeristy, they're Saint Paul's favorite. Stop in and see.(FADE INSTRUMENTAL UNDER)
(ANNCR) At Fairview Chrysler Plymouth, let Ray Fribella put you in a new Plymouth or Chrysler of your choice.
(JINGLE CLOSE) At Fairview, they're such great, great guys!
another health guide

Mankato, MN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 6, 2009

GB Fan wrote:
<quoted text>
It almost makes a guy look closer at universal heath care. I said ALMOST.
It would be in our (nation) best interest if we would seriously look into universal healthcare vs letting independent big-business take over our decisions.
Glad I read These

Saint Paul, MN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 10, 2013

After working 40 years, Retirement is coming very soon and I had been looking at BCBS for a supplement to Medicare. I'm having second thoughts now. I always thought BCBS was Tops when it came to health insurance. Sounds like, what was, is no more. A Pity.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 41 - 47 of47
|
next page >
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

•••
•••
•••
•••

Minneapolis Jobs

•••
•••
•••

Minneapolis People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

•••

Personal Finance