Bill would make fourth drunken driving offense a felony in Wisc...

Full story: TwinCities.com

Five Assembly members Wednesday asked other legislators to join them in a comprehensive bill to reform drunken-driving laws - changes that include making a fourth offense of operating while intoxicated a felony.

Comments

Showing posts 1 - 7 of7

“Noses run and feet smell”

Since: Dec 08

Compton CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 21, 2009

Judged:

4th? Why not First or second? Learn from mistakes people. Call a cab, Dont drink as much, designate a driver...it really isnt too difficult. So please, put down the Milwaukees best, throw on your packers jacket and nascar hat, and go wait outside for the cab. Leave your 1986 pinto in the parking lot.

“I'm not crying... Winning!”

Since: Oct 08

Twin Cities, USA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 21, 2009

"Wisconsin is rated as the worst state in the nation when it comes to the number of drunken-driving fatalities," the memo asking for co-sponsors said, adding that "to combat the challenges we face in Wisconsin relating to drunk driving, we need a comprehensive approach including prevention, treatment, supervision and also punishment."

How about putting the beer down and sobering up a tad? I know living in Wisconsin is h e l l, but come on now....

“Don't Say Like Dat”

Since: May 08

Jerusalem

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 21, 2009

Judged:

I need a drink
RipSaw88

Cottage Grove, MN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 21, 2009

Little voice over left shoulder, HEY! you dont need no stinkin cab, you can make it.
Do you want everyone to think you're a wuss?
Now get going......!

hehehehehehehe!
Nick

Saint Paul, MN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 21, 2009

If you take a minute to think about how dangerous drunk drivers are the damage they are capable of and all the deals and plea bargaining that goes on the first offense should be a felony.
Tee from Manty

Manitowoc, WI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 5, 2009

Drunk Drivers piss me off! they have no regard for their life or anyone elses for that matter. Two of my good friends died at like age 16 because of drunk driving.. Its not funny, its sick if these people think it makes them a wuss for calling a cab well i got news for them if you get in ur car drunk and drive then your a wuss. A real brave person can admitt when they've had enough and are not capable of driving. The punishment should be more severe I think, I have a son who is 1yr. old and I think constantly that when he gets older he's gunna be driving along and get killed by some drunk idiot who thinks it "cool" to drive drunk. I recently turned 21 and walk to and from all the bars i go to, even if im not drunk! If I can be a responsible adult than others can too!

Since: Sep 08

Grantsburg, WI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 5, 2009

Tee from Manty wrote:
Drunk Drivers piss me off! they have no regard for their life or anyone elses for that matter. Two of my good friends died at like age 16 because of drunk driving.. Its not funny, its sick if these people think it makes them a wuss for calling a cab well i got news for them if you get in ur car drunk and drive then your a wuss. A real brave person can admitt when they've had enough and are not capable of driving. The punishment should be more severe I think, I have a son who is 1yr. old and I think constantly that when he gets older he's gunna be driving along and get killed by some drunk idiot who thinks it "cool" to drive drunk. I recently turned 21 and walk to and from all the bars i go to, even if im not drunk! If I can be a responsible adult than others can too!
Unfortunately, much of WI is rural. No cabs and definitely not within walking distance to a bar. I personally make sure I have a sober ride BEFORE I even go to a bar, which is pretty rare anyway, however at any given time the local watering holes are frequented by patrons who have had one too many to drive safely. Accidents happen, even in small towns. Making a 4th a Felony would have little impact. Other than getting a 5th would take some doing for awhile. Sadly, it is not that rare to rack up that many over the years if an individualís main hobby is drinking.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 1 - 7 of7
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

9 Users are viewing the Minneapolis Forum right now

Search the Minneapolis Forum:
Topic Updated Last By Comments
Global warming 'undeniable,' scientists say (Jul '10) 14 min Brian_G 31,801
Obama seeks brisk passage of border children fu... 29 min Schmahl 4
The Impeachment Delusion 32 min Schmahl 8
The truth about arab aggression against israel 37 min Schmahl 12
Obama demands 3.7 billion dollars for border cr... 4 hr cantmakeitup 40
What Is Causing the Kidney Stone Epidemic? 4 hr Gen DeShawn Pedro Patton 9
Lebron james back in cleveland 5 hr John gotti 11
•••
•••