Amused Slew

Saint Paul, MN

#21 Feb 20, 2013
It's much easier to find a corrupt Republican.

Right, Newt?
billary on campus

Minneapolis, MN

#22 Feb 20, 2013
Smart Liberal wrote:
<quoted text>
Dumbo, your selective reading limits your ability to think. I have spoken up about both sides of the political fence on numerous occasions.
But I do have my favorites like the BFF's from Chicago: Blago, The Rev Jesse and his corrupt children, Ayers & Dohrn and their little puppet...the teleprompter reader himself...Barack Hussein Obama.
Whitewater controversy, let's discuss this one liberals.
redeemer

Saint Paul, MN

#23 Feb 20, 2013
cantmakeitup wrote:
<quoted text>
Which is why I continued to tell people not to vote for Obama. Now Chicago politics is playing out in Washington.
I wonder how fritzgerald got the chance to take a dive for karl rove? was rove a illonis resident?
non-starter

Saint Paul, MN

#24 Feb 20, 2013
Amused Slew wrote:
Right, Newt?
Barbara Boxer chairs the Senate Ethics Committee, so Barbara Boxer should know her obligations for disclosure as a member of the upper chamber. Roger Simon reports exclusively at Pajamas Media that Boxer neglected to disclose her ownership interest in a million-dollar residence in Oakland, as well as the mortgage — both required under Senate rules. The Oakland home is currently lived in by Douglas and his wife. This is not the first time Senator Boxer’s son has been the center of controversy. The senator reportedly paid out nearly $500,000 from her campaign contributions to her son’s public relations firm between 2001 and 2009. Those moneys could have been used to pay off the mortgage on the Oakland property, adding urgency to the DOJ investigation sought by The Foundation for Ethics in Public Service and further complicating the legal and ethical issues involved.
redeemer

Saint Paul, MN

#25 Feb 20, 2013
Bushwhacked wrote:
You told people to judge a man, by other men's actions ?? WOW !! Quite a bigoted perspective....
Pf course, you make up words, lie, switch monikers, and claim to be 483 years old, too...
Guess, ALL rethugs are POS liars, given you both or you, if this is just another moniker...
Excellent Post!
non-starter

Saint Paul, MN

#26 Feb 20, 2013
The corruption case against then Louisiana representative William J. Jefferson started on a suspicion of bribery. The FBI raided his Congressional offices in May 2006, but he was re-elected later that year. On June 4, 2007, a federal grand jury indicted Jefferson on sixteen charges related to corruption.[1] Jefferson was defeated by Republican Joseph Cao on December 6, 2008,[2] being the most senior Democrat to lose re-election that year.[3] In 2009 he was tried in Virginia on corruption charges.[4] On August 5, 2009, he was found guilty of 11 of the 16 corruption counts.[5] Jefferson was sentenced to 13 years on November 13, 2009, the longest sentence ever handed down to a congressman for bribery.[6]
non-starter

Saint Paul, MN

#27 Feb 20, 2013
A House ethics panel has convicted Rep. Charlie Rangel (D-N.Y.) on 11 of 13 counts of violating House ethics rules.

Rep. Zoe Lofgren (D-Calif.), the chairwoman of the adjudicatory subcommittee and the full House ethics committee, announced the decision late Tuesday morning following an abbreviated public trial of the 20-term lawmaker and nearly six hours of deliberations.

“We have tried to act with fairness, led only by the facts and the law,” Lofgren said.“We believe we have accomplished that mission.”
Bushwhacked

Seattle, WA

#28 Feb 20, 2013
Let's pretend, there's a point to pretending politics and personal behavior are linked, then the RNC can feature a chair, rather than the presidents they're embarrassed by ???
non-starter

Saint Paul, MN

#29 Feb 20, 2013
Amused Slew wrote:
Right, Newt?
Rostenkowski,

A new investigation was started by the United States Postal Service, which eventually submitted a report which was held in silence by Speaker Thomas Foley (D-WA) until media reports of embezzlement and money laundering leaked out in 1992.

Following public outcry, the Democratic leaders of the House were forced to refer the matter to the Committee on House Administration, which started its own investigation.

That committee broke into two parts along party lines, the Democrats issuing a report saying the matter was closed, but the Republicans issuing a dissenting report including a number of unanswered questions and problems with the investigation.

The Republican charges were largely ignored until July 1993, when the Congressional Postmaster Robert Rota pleaded guilty to three criminal charges, implicating Representatives Dan Rostenkowski (D-IL) and Joe Kolter (D-PA). They were accused of heading a conspiracy to launder Post Office money through stamps and postal vouchers.

Rostenkowski was convicted and sentenced to 18 months in prison, in 1995.

U.S. President Bill Clinton pardoned Rostenkowski in 2000.
non-starter

Saint Paul, MN

#30 Feb 20, 2013
Amused Slew wrote:
Right, Newt?
James Anthony Traficant, Jr.(born May 8, 1941) was a Democratic politician and member of the United States House of Representatives from Ohio. He represented the 17th Congressional District, which centered on his hometown of Youngstown and included parts of three counties in northeast Ohio's Mahoning Valley. He was expelled after being convicted of taking bribes, filing false tax returns, racketeering, and forcing his aides to perform chores at his farm in Ohio and houseboat in Washington, D.C..[1] He was sentenced to prison and released on September 2, 2009, after serving a seven-year sentence.
Christingle Matthews

Grantsburg, WI

#31 Feb 20, 2013
Bushwhacked wrote:
Let's pretend, there's a point to pretending politics and personal behavior are linked, then the RNC can feature a chair, rather than the presidents they're embarrassed by ???
Sociopath,

Have you ever asked your Psychiatrists why you have an insatiable need to defend all the scumbags that YOU feel are the ones that keep your Slop Trough filled?

Did you EVER have and decency/morality, or is my conclusion about your Genetic Lineage 100% correct?
Bushwhacked

Seattle, WA

#32 Feb 20, 2013
Let's pretend, there's a point to pretending politics and personal behavior are linked...

then the RNC can feature a chair, rather than the presidents they're embarrassed by ???
non-starter

Saint Paul, MN

#33 Feb 20, 2013
Bushwhacked wrote:
Let's pretend, there's a point to pretending politics and personal behavior are linked...
then the RNC can feature a chair, rather than the presidents they're embarrassed by ???
Edward Moore "Ted" Kennedy (February 22, 1932 – August 25, 2009) was a United States Senator from Massachusetts and a member of the Democratic Party. He was the second most senior member of the Senate when he died and was the fourth-longest-serving senator in United States history, having served there for almost 47 years. As the most prominent living member of the Kennedy family for many years, he was also the last surviving son of Joseph P. Kennedy, Sr.; the youngest brother of President John F. Kennedy and Senator Robert F. Kennedy, both victims of assassination; and the father of Congressman Patrick J. Kennedy.

Kennedy entered the Senate in a November 1962 special election to fill the seat once held by his brother John. He was elected to a full six-year term in 1964 and was reelected seven more times before his death. The Chappaquiddick incident on July 18, 1969, resulted in the death of his automobile passenger Mary Jo Kopechne. Kennedy pleaded guilty to a charge of leaving the scene of an accident.

Since: Sep 11

Rogers, MN

#34 Feb 20, 2013
Amused Slew wrote:
Right, Newt?
Not in Illinois.
Christingle Matthews

Grantsburg, WI

#35 Feb 20, 2013
Bushwhacked wrote:
Evil Incarnate,

Spend less time here and more time in chanting to your Savior, Beelzebub!

He has created you, he understands you, and he has a "Special" Eternity for you......now git!
redeemer

Saint Paul, MN

#36 Feb 20, 2013
Smarter Liberal wrote:
Why don't you ever write about corrupt Republicans?
I didn't see you mentioning Greer, for example.
Are Mark Sanford!
non-starter

Saint Paul, MN

#37 Feb 20, 2013
Maxine Waters

According to Chuck Neubauer and Ted Rohrlich writing in the LA Times in 2004, Maxine Waters' relatives had made more than $1 million during the preceding eight years by doing business with companies, candidates and causes that Waters had helped. They claimed she and her husband helped a company get government bond business, and her daughter Karen Waters and son Edward Waters have profited from her connections. Waters replied that "They do their business and I do mine."[45]

Citizens for Responsibility and Ethics in Washington (CREW) named Waters to its list of corrupt members of Congress in its 2005, 2006, 2009 and 2011 reports.[46][47] Citizens Against Government Waste named her the June 2009 Porker of the Month due to her intention to obtain an earmark for the Maxine Waters Employment Preparation Center.[48]

In 2010 Waters came under investigation for ethics violations and was accused by a House panel of at least one ethics violation related to her efforts to help OneUnited Bank, where her husband had been a director and in which he had stock holdings, receive federal aid.[49] Waters' husband is a stockholder and former director of OneUnited Bank and the bank's executives were major contributors to her campaigns. In September 2008, Waters arranged meetings between U.S. Treasury Department officials and OneUnited Bank, so that the bank could plead for federal cash. It had been heavily invested in Freddie Mac and Fannie Mae, and its capital was "all but wiped out" after the U.S. government took them over. The bank received $12 million in Troubled Asset Relief Program (TARP) money.[50][51] The matter was investigated by the House Ethics Committee,
non-starter

Saint Paul, MN

#38 Feb 20, 2013
Amused Slew wrote:
Right, Newt?
I know there are some corrupt republicans out there, but it isn't "easier" to find them, Dumbo.
Demokrat Sheeple

Grantsburg, WI

#39 Feb 20, 2013
"Yup, Yup, Yup, My guys are just like your guys so there!"

"Uh huh vote for Scumbags that feed and cloth me, and gimme Free Shaat Yup, Yup, Uh Huh"

"Ya well what about your guy huh?

"Ya that's the ticket, My Criminal is clean, and YOUR Politician is dirty! ya, yup, Uh huh, so there!"

"And since my Criminal is Clean, the Other Guy must be YOUR guy!, ya yup, yup, yup, Uh Huh!"

(Again, WHY do these iddiidts have a Vote?)
Christingle Matthews

Saint Paul, MN

#40 Feb 20, 2013
Dangerous Sociopath 36.75,

Look I feel bad that you never found which stray dog it was from the Hood that Bred my Mommy. But it is not Society's Fault that I never had an adult to guide me, so I should stop lashing out like the child I am!

This said, I realize that I don't do myself yourself any favors by hanging my supple gut out with this consistent cut/paste whenever one of the big Kids Frighten me.

Now I'm going to have a nice bath in Mommy's Tub, and relax.....Bye!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Minneapolis Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Sex 2 hr FOVR 3
Walker Wins Unions Lose (May '12) 2 hr LIbEralS 29
Veteran Freed From MSP VA Dental Dept Phone Abu... 4 hr American_Sons 13
Global warming 'undeniable,' scientists say (Jul '10) 4 hr kal 33,469
Review: State Wide Protective Agency (Jul '11) 4 hr Martin Scott treptow 84
8 dead in aussie stabbing 7 hr Space ace 1
Mall of America Protest 7 hr Sunshine 13
Minneapolis Dating
Find my Match
More from around the web