The GOP still doesn't get why they lo...

The GOP still doesn't get why they lost in November

Posted in the Minneapolis Forum

First Prev
of 2
Next Last
Bob Schmahl

Saint Paul, MN

#1 Dec 6, 2012
It seems at least some Republicans are waking up to the idea that full-on obstruction isn't necessarily the strategy that will save them politically with the public.
But they still remain woefully out of touch with the body politic, if the same Washington Post story is to be believed.

Many Republicans say they are willing to vote for higher tax rates only as part of a big debt-reduction deal. So, in the absence of such a deal, top GOP aides have been looking for a way to make Democrats bear the political burden of raising taxes on the rich.
It could work like this: The Republican-controlled House could adopt two competing bills. One, supported primarily by Republicans, would extend the expiring low tax rates for all households, including the rich. The second, supported primarily by Democrats, would extend the current low rates only on income less than $250,000 a year, allowing rates for the wealthy to increase. Both measures would go to the Democratic-controlled Senate, which would then pass only the Democratic bill.
They really think that voting just to raise taxes on the rich is bad politics. This is after Senate Democrats, and enough Republicans to pass the bill, actually did just that back in July. Before the election. The election in which Democrats gained in the Senate, won eight House seats, and kept the White House running specifically on ending the Bush tax cuts for the rich. Unbelievable.
Bridgework

Olathe, KS

#2 Dec 6, 2012
Democrats offered the most stuff, plain and simple.

P.S. If you are saying that $80 billion in taxes is what got Obama elected, then the left is exactly as stupid as you say it is.
Moms Biological Brother

Grantsburg, WI

#4 Dec 6, 2012
Amused Slew wrote:
Which "stuff" did "they" offer ?? A political convention where the chair wasn't the "smart guy" ???
Slewsie!

What did my sista, your Mommy just say to you!

Leave the Decent people alone!

Signed, Uncle Daddy
Bob Schmahl

Saint Paul, MN

#5 Dec 6, 2012
Amused Slew wrote:
Which "stuff" did "they" offer ?? A political convention where the chair wasn't the "smart guy" ???
Blacks: Continuation of welfare benefits beyond the 5 year limit so generations can collect.
Gays: Marriage
Women: Free Birth Control
Students: Free tuition.
Low information and low income: Food stamps and welfare.
Environmentalists: Destruction of cheap energy and subsidies for fund raiers like Solyndra.
Losers: Punishment of successful people through increased taxes.

That's a start.
Public Servant

Grantsburg, WI

#8 Dec 6, 2012
Amused Slew wrote:
<quoted text> raiers ??
Smartest part.....
Slewsie,

The Thorazine Injection Line forms up at 8:00 PM.

You are late!

Now get in line!

Signed,
Dr Happy, Doctor of the Crimally Insane
Seattle West Insane Asylum
Bob Schmahl

Saint Paul, MN

#9 Dec 6, 2012
Amused Slew wrote:
<quoted text> raiers ??
Smartest part.....
Obama bought the low income and low intellect votes. Slew is one of those that got bought out by Obama. Did he pay you twice because you are both low income and low intellect?
Public Servant

Grantsburg, WI

#11 Dec 6, 2012
Amused Slew wrote:
Why not lie, the truth was tripping you up, right loser ~! LMAOROTFU~!
SLEWSIE!,

You are 45 Minutes late for your Thorazine Injections!

Now get in line before you are confined to the Rubber Room for the night!

And leave the Good People alone here!

Signed,
Dr Happy,
Doctor of the Criminally Insane
Bob Schmahl

Saint Paul, MN

#12 Dec 6, 2012
Amused Slew wrote:
Why not lie, the truth was tripping you up, right loser ~! LMAOROTFU~!
You think?
Amused Slew wrote:
Which "stuff" did "they" offer ??
Blacks: Continuation of welfare benefits beyond the 5 year limit so generations can collect.
Gays: Marriage
Women: Free Birth Control
Students: Free tuition.
Low information and low income: Food stamps and welfare.
Environmentalists: Destruction of cheap energy and subsidies for Obama fund raisers like Solyndra.
Losers: Punishment of successful people through increased taxes.

Facts are not Slew's friend.
Public Servant

Grantsburg, WI

#14 Dec 6, 2012
Amused Slew wrote:
Gay's marriage right is by state and the rest are equally you/stupid. Nice "work", by a self proven moron/liar.
Patient # 2376,

You now have 12 Minutes to get in line for your Thorazine Injections. Failure to do so will result in restraints being used on you again today.

This is your last warning.

Signed,

The Womyn in the White Suits
4th Floor, Dangerous Psychotics Unit
Bob Schmahl

Saint Paul, MN

#15 Dec 6, 2012
Amused Slew wrote:
Gay's marriage right is by state and the rest are equally you/stupid. Nice "work", by a self proven moron/liar.
Stupid Slew.

Obama Declares Support For Same-Sex Marriage

May 9, 2012 7:43 PM

WASHINGTON, D.C.(CBS News / AP)– President Barack Obama declared his support Wednesday for same-sex marriage, becoming the first president to take that position and ending months of equivocation on the politically explosive subject.

Mr. Obama’s announcement was cheered by gay rights groups in the San Francisco Bay Area and beyond who have long urged him to support gay marriage; a KPIX-TV CBS 5 poll conducted immediately after the announcement found 61% of Bay Area adults agreed with his stand.

Mr. Obama said he felt it had become important for him to affirm that he thinks same-sex couples should be able to get married. He said he came to that conclusion over the course of several years of talking to family and friends.

“I have hesitated on gay marriage in part because I thought that civil unions would be sufficient,” Mr. Obama said in an interview with ABC News at the White House. He added that,“I was sensitive to the fact that for a lot of people the word `marriage’ was something that invokes very powerful traditions, religious beliefs and so forth.”

Now, he said,“it is important for me personally to go ahead and affirm that same-sex couples should be able to get married.”
Public Servant

Grantsburg, WI

#17 Dec 6, 2012
Amused Slew wrote:
As a leader he supports it, oddly it's still a states issue and you're a simple liar.
Patient # 2376,

You now have 12 Minutes to get in line for your Thorazine Injections. Failure to do so will result in restraints being used on you again today.

This is your last warning.

Signed,

The Womyn in the White Suits
4th Floor, Dangerous Psychotics Unit
Bob Schmahl

Saint Paul, MN

#18 Dec 6, 2012
Amused Slew wrote:
As a leader he supports it, oddly it's still a states issue and you're a simple liar.
Stupid Slew. You are the liar. Obama promised his support for gay marriage so he could buy the support of the "gay community" and get big money contributions into his election campaign coffers. Liar Slew.
Bob Schmahl

Saint Paul, MN

#20 Dec 6, 2012
Amused Slew wrote:
SO, you visit my city frequently, but couldn't make a dojo meeting UNTIL YOUR BALLS DESCEND ?? Funny, you've been claiming you left, but now you're just ALWAYS frightened, huh ??? LMAOROTFU~!
You claim to be from WA but really are from MN. You ran away from some 90 yr old guy. Chicken Slew. Stupid Slew. Liar Slew.
Seattle PD

Grantsburg, WI

#21 Dec 6, 2012
Amused Slew wrote:
SO, you visit my city frequently, but couldn't make a dojo meeting UNTIL YOUR BALLS DESCEND ?? Funny, you've been claiming you left, but now you're just ALWAYS frightened, huh ??? LMAOROTFU~!
......Public Service Warning.....

One of Seattle's Most Notorious Idiots afflicted with a Pathological Desire for "Little BOI's" has escaped from the Seattle West Insane Aslylum.

Lock your Doors, Lock up your Sons, and lock up your Sheep and Dogs!

This is not a test, the threat is real.

This freak is known to frequent the Local Gay Bars, and the City Parks.....Arm yourselves and be on High Alert!
Bob Schmahl

Saint Paul, MN

#23 Dec 6, 2012
Amused Slew wrote:
Poor con,
Loser liar extraordinaire, yet your "family" hit the road running AWAY ~! LMAOROTFU~!
Jackass. You lie about everyone on here. You even lie about yourself. You really are pathetic.
Bob Schmahl

Saint Paul, MN

#25 Dec 6, 2012
Amused Slew wrote:
Poor Boob, they got unemployment and you're the worst kind of loser/liar.... a poor loser/liar ! LMAOROTFU~!
Glad your "life" sucks, you deserve it ! LMAOROTFU~!
Post #78 in "More union stupidity".

Another Bob said it best.

"Another lie from the horse's ass. The ND Crystal Sugar workers get no unemployment. They get zero, zilch, nada, nothing."

Slew, the biggest liar on Topix, lies again.
Amused Slew

Kent, WA

#26 Dec 6, 2012
Since nobody was writing about the ND workers specifically, it's odd you pretend they were.... Even odder, I wrote Crystal sugar workers retired, got unemployment, and other jobs... Why was MY post a lie again ?? Oh right, it actually wasn't until you pretend I meant ND workers, but I didn't.... Poor schmuck, you didn't realize many got unemployment...

Pretend to be a man now, for a change.
Bob Schmahl

Saint Paul, MN

#27 Dec 6, 2012
Amused Slew wrote:
Since nobody was writing about the ND workers specifically, it's odd you pretend they were.... Even odder, I wrote Crystal sugar workers retired, got unemployment, and other jobs... Why was MY post a lie again ?? Oh right, it actually wasn't until you pretend I meant ND workers, but I didn't.... Poor schmuck, you didn't realize many got unemployment...
Pretend to be a man now, for a change.
Again you change other people's words. That is what liars do.
Amused Slew

Kent, WA

#28 Dec 6, 2012
Bob Schmahl wrote:
<quoted text>
Bob Schmahl wrote:
Slew used to make $13.75 when he had a union job....

Slew made $9.00 per hour before he got fired.

That is what liars do.
Lying isn't something that someone does. Its who they are, and it's a character flaw.

Poor Boob, begging for a buggering ~! LMAOROTFU~!
Seattle PD

Grantsburg, WI

#29 Dec 6, 2012
Amused Slew wrote:
<quoted text>
Lying isn't something that someone does. Its who they are, and it's a character flaw.
Poor Boob, begging for a buggering ~! LMAOROTFU~!
......Public Service Warning.....

One of Seattle's Most Notorious Idiots afflicted with a Pathological Desire for "Little BOI's" has escaped from the Seattle West Insane Aslylum.

Lock your Back Doors, Lock up your Sons, and lock up your Sheep and Dogs!

This is not a test, the threat is real.

This freak is known to frequent the Local Gay Bars, and the City Parks.....Arm yourselves and be on High Alert!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Minneapolis Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Global warming 'undeniable,' scientists say (Jul '10) 4 hr WHAT 37,790
Threads Gone I'm Gone 6 hr Seattle Slew 4
Liberals crying over trump comments again Wed God 38
Megyn Kelly's mysterious Olympics benching by N... Jan 16 Me Too 7
Libs behind Hawaii fake alert Jan 15 FBI Dirty - Trump... 11
Obama tries to suck up to Prince Harry Jan 15 Seattle Slew 70
Somalians at jimmy johns Jan 15 figgypops 5

Minneapolis Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance