Comments
41 - 60 of 94 Comments Last updated Feb 14, 2013
Amused Slew

Seattle, WA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#44
Feb 11, 2013
 

Judged:

4

3

2

Sure, you have 6k folks on your plantation, alone....

Trashy #1-..as much as a 41% increase in wages
...

Trashy 2#-Unskilled, uneducated SEIU union members in a poor economy think they should get a 41% wage increase?

Trashy #3-...33 to 41 percent over three years,

Cant-getitup- Asking for a 42% increase is absurd.

Now honestly, the raise would be 11-13%, after years of no raises and CEO pays skyrocketing...

Sadly, some racists hate the working poor...

I see YOU'RE ABSURD and raise you a couple racist, lying moron teabaggers ~! LMAOROTFU~!

As the next step in their fight for a living wage and and affordable health care, members of Local 26 held a rally in downtown Minneapolis yesterday after contract bargaining came to a standstill. At the rally a strike petition was circulated, with a strike vote is scheduled for February 9.

"It's not fair that while our productivity is going up, our wages are not keeping pace," said Margarita Del Angel, a janitor who spoke at the rally. "We are being forced to do more and more work for the same amount, so our employers can cut back on workers and save money at our expense. And now, they are demanding to pay us even less. They want to cut wages for more than half of us...They want to lock us into poverty, while continuing to grow richer at our expense."

“The one and only Smart Liberal”

Since: Aug 12

Former MN Tax Payer

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#45
Feb 11, 2013
 

Judged:

4

4

4

The lesson that all of these janitors and security guards need to learn is:

If you want to improve your pay or your job situation, do something to improve yourself. Get trained in a skill, or get a better education.

There is a reason you earn minimum wage.
Amused Slew

Seattle, WA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#46
Feb 11, 2013
 

Judged:

5

5

5

Because they didn't cut and run, after 2 1/4 hours, THEY'VE earned a raise, you've "EARNED CONTEMPT ~!

Funny, you complain when they vote against the party of CONTEMPT ~!

Dumber, than a ROCK ~!
redeemer

Saint Paul, MN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#47
Feb 11, 2013
 

Judged:

4

4

4

We support you unconditionally SEIU,workers united
one for all and all for one,free the shackels from your mind workers united we stand,divided we fall.
no justice ,no peace!
Amused Slew

Seattle, WA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#48
Feb 11, 2013
 

Judged:

6

6

5

Smart Liberal wrote:
The lesson that all of these janitors and security guards need to learn is:
If you want to improve your pay or your job situation, do something to improve yourself. Get trained in a skill, or get a better education.
There is a reason you earn minimum wage.
So, doesn't this getting trained take time & money, even in moron teabagger, "reality" ?? Perhaps, that's exactly what these poor Americans are hoping to do, unfortunately haters like you prevent it. Thanks, for the delicious & nutritious sugar water...can we have some more ??

Teabaggers love poor children, they starve so quietly....
Mitt The White Twitt

Saint Paul, MN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#49
Feb 11, 2013
 

Judged:

6

4

3

Smart Liberal wrote:
Just say "NO!" to Jobs.
Just say "YES!" to union bosses.
Well, the so very intelligent SEIU union members have voted to strike. Good for them!
Follow those marching orders from the union bosses. You go without a paycheck so your union bosses can flex their muscles and show what tough negotiators they are.
A couple of interesting points with respect to the vote:
1.) Only 500 members voted. But the union says 6,000 are impacted by the strike. Was ICE sitting outside the union hall where the vote was held?
2.) In the article that spoke of this, the unionistas kept talking about healthcare costs going up and that being the reason for the strike vote. What happened to healthcare costs going down as a result of Obamacare?
Lastly, these are uneducated and unskilled workers. The economy is soft. Unemployment nationwide is still almost 8% while Minnesota's is almost 6%.
If you want to improve your job situation, get trained in a skill that is in demand. Otherwise, be prepared to take what is offered.
I guess the lessons learned from the American Crystal Sugar union members were not heeded by these 500 loyal SEIU members.
Good luck to you all. It is a long cold winter in Minnesota.
----------
Twin Cities Janitors, Security Officers Vote Unanimously to Authorize Strike
Posted by SEIU MN State Council on February 9, 2013
SEIU Local 26 members representing more than 6,000 workers through Twin Cities metro call for corporate elite to unlock their future
Minneapolis, MN – More than 500 janitors and security officers who clean and protect property for the richest corporations in Minnesota today voted to walk off the job over proposed cuts to full-time positions, living wages and health care and in protest of the employers’ unfair labor practices.
Today’s vote authorizing both the janitors’ and security officers’ bargaining committees to call for a strike if necessary means that workers representing more than 6,000 janitors throughout Minneapolis, St. Paul and the suburbs could call for a strike at any time.
I say send all those jobs to China and continue the destruction of the American economy by white conservatives such as myself all in the name of greed!
non-starter

Burnsville, MN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#50
Feb 12, 2013
 

Judged:

1

1

1

Awful Truth wrote:
Only a Republican could begrudge a raise to a janitor making next to nothing.
Republicans like Smart Liberal want to see the middle class completely decimated and replaced by an underclass of virtual slaves.
Only a Democrat couldn't do the math and understand that 33 - 41% over three years is not a realistic increase. If janitors/security guards want better pay, they should get better jobs.
Amused Slew

Seattle, WA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#51
Feb 12, 2013
 

Judged:

1

1

1

Oh no, it's 42%, your pals said so, right ? LMAOROTFU~!

Forget all the years they've fallen behind and ignore schooling costs, right ?? Poor fool, you're a dumb, poor sheep....

Still waiting for your bushwhacker war money, after all YOU SAID the group is responsible for their leader's decisions.
non-starter

Burnsville, MN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#52
Feb 12, 2013
 
Amused Slew wrote:
Oh no, it's 42%, your pals said so, right ? LMAOROTFU~!
Forget all the years they've fallen behind and ignore schooling costs, right ?? Poor fool, you're a dumb, poor sheep....
Still waiting for your bushwhacker war money, after all YOU SAID the group is responsible for their leader's decisions.
Schooling costs? I paid my own way through, and they would likely qualify for financial aid and federal programs.
Amused Slew

Seattle, WA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#53
Feb 12, 2013
 

Judged:

1

1

1

Oh no, it's 42%, your pals said so, right ? LMAOROTFU~!

Forget all the years they've fallen behind and ignore schooling costs, right ?? Poor fool, you're a dumb, poor sheep.... Ahhh ? So, THEY'D LIKELY ?? Now you're a nanny stater, huh ???

Still waiting for your bushwhacker war money, after all YOU SAID the group is responsible for their leader's decisions.

Since: Oct 08

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#54
Feb 12, 2013
 

Judged:

1

1

1

The issue is, for these workers as well as all workers across the nation, wages, for the most part are not keeping up with the continued increase in living costs, cost of petrolium to heat homes, costs of food, costs of welfare, cost of Congress'increased salaries. These are all economic issues, and they are not new issues, they have been out there for about 6 years! In November the country elected a President who does not want to grow the prosperity of the country, he want to solve social issues, such as health care and gun control and gay marriage. So, those of you who want more money to pay the mortage, or buy a new car, or put more food on the table, you have to examine how you voted in November and remember, elections have consequences. The more of a burden you attempt to put on those who create and maintain jobs, the less they have to offer, the less you have the oppotunity to get! Fairly simple economic equation.
Amused Slew

Seattle, WA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#55
Feb 12, 2013
 
Yeah, bushwhacked and the chair got picked over BOTH of your presidents. COWARD !
Amused Slew

Seattle, WA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#57
Feb 12, 2013
 
Poor fake slew, all "dressed up" and nobody in Saint Paul, to do... LMAOROTFU~!

I believe you have a gay husband, but the PhillipKs VodKa has it's attention... LMAOROTFU~!

Gotta LOVE out & proud...It says a lot, about you.
redeemer

Saint Paul, MN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#58
Feb 12, 2013
 

Judged:

1

1

1

Niether of the Above wrote:
The issue is, for these workers as well as all workers across the nation, wages, for the most part are not keeping up with the continued increase in living costs, cost of petrolium to heat homes, costs of food, costs of welfare, cost of Congress'increased salaries. These are all economic issues, and they are not new issues, they have been out there for about 6 years! In November the country elected a President who does not want to grow the prosperity of the country, he want to solve social issues, such as health care and gun control and gay marriage. So, those of you who want more money to pay the mortage, or buy a new car, or put more food on the table, you have to examine how you voted in November and remember, elections have consequences. The more of a burden you attempt to put on those who create and maintain jobs, the less they have to offer, the less you have the oppotunity to get! Fairly simple economic equation.
What a weak slanted agruement,you fail to mention that the republicans obstructed pres.Obama jobs act,you didn't even bring up
that your party agenda was to make Obama a one term president to to block any progress that the admin. made to improve the economy, not to mention the fact about wage disparity between ceo'verus worker,are the lilly ledbetter were as a woman earn less than a man
for doing the same job but you was right one thing and that is elections has consequences and the obstructist lost and the progressives won,plus rommey is an idiot that flip-flopped on every issue,he was pro-choice before he was pro-life,etc,etc.

Since: Oct 08

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#59
Feb 12, 2013
 
redeemer wrote:
<quoted text>What a weak slanted agruement,you fail to mention that the republicans obstructed pres.Obama jobs act,you didn't even bring up
that your party agenda was to make Obama a one term president to to block any progress that the admin. made to improve the economy, not to mention the fact about wage disparity between ceo'verus worker,are the lilly ledbetter were as a woman earn less than a man
for doing the same job but you was right one thing and that is elections has consequences and the obstructist lost and the progressives won,plus rommey is an idiot that flip-flopped on every issue,he was pro-choice before he was pro-life,etc,etc.
What was the agenda of Dem in 2004? Make Bush a one term president, right? So what goes around comes around. During the Bush Administration, the Senate, in particular Shummer, used a filabuster over and over to block Bush appointments and legislation. When confronted with this fact, Senator Shummer (D-NY) replied, It is the right of this Body to do so, and by God we will continue to do so. What goes around comes around. Social issues like Abortion and Gay Rights were not the real issues, but the dems could win on the issues, the economy, the jobs, the unemployment, so they need to rally the mobs around the emotional social issue of the day! So instead of a booming economy or lower unemployment, you have issues like gay marriage and gun control on the front burner. OH and the Owner of the Company is going to pay himself a whole hell of a lot more money than he is going to pay the Janitor, bet on it!
Amused Slew

Minneapolis, MN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#60
Feb 12, 2013
 
Amused Slew wrote:
<quoted text>Poor McFry fool ! LMAOROTFU !! Skilled, right ???
this liberal - muslim loving - socialist following left wing nut job is a non event.

just imagine what his small world has, not much.
Amused Slew

Seattle, WA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#61
Feb 12, 2013
 
Niether of the Above wrote:
<quoted text>What was the agenda of Dem in 2004? Make Bush a one term president, right? So what goes around comes around. During the Bush Administration, the Senate, in particular Shummer, used a filabuster over and over to block Bush appointments and legislation. When confronted with this fact, Senator Shummer (D-NY) replied, It is the right of this Body to do so, and by God we will continue to do so. What goes around comes around. Social issues like Abortion and Gay Rights were not the real issues, but the dems could win on the issues, the economy, the jobs, the unemployment, so they need to rally the mobs around the emotional social issue of the day! So instead of a booming economy or lower unemployment, you have issues like gay marriage and gun control on the front burner. OH and the Owner of the Company is going to pay himself a whole hell of a lot more money than he is going to pay the Janitor, bet on it!
"Man", you'd be a moron, if you had a brain cell... Go ahead, tell who had record filibusters !
Amused Slew

Seattle, WA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#62
Feb 12, 2013
 
So, doesn't this getting trained take time & money, even in moron teabagger, "reality" ?? Perhaps, that's exactly what these poor Americans are hoping to do, unfortunately haters like you prevent it. Thanks, for the delicious & nutritious sugar water...can we have some more ??

Teabaggers love poor children, they starve so quietly....
Amused Slew

Minneapolis, MN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#63
Feb 12, 2013
 
Amused Slew wrote:
So, doesn't this getting trained take time & money, even in moron teabagger, "reality" ?? Perhaps, that's exactly what these poor Americans are hoping to do, unfortunately haters like you prevent it. Thanks, for the delicious & nutritious sugar water...can we have some more ??
Teabaggers love poor children, they starve so quietly....
Look at gay Slewsie rip that Rethuglicant a new one. But Slewsie dear, you forgot LAMOROLF.
Amused Slew

Minneapolis, MN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#64
Feb 12, 2013
 
Amused Slew wrote:
So, doesn't this getting trained take time & money, even in moron teabagger, "reality" ?? Perhaps, that's exactly what these poor Americans are hoping to do, unfortunately haters like you prevent it. Thanks, for the delicious & nutritious sugar water...can we have some more ??
Teabaggers love poor children, they starve so quietly....
the slew has drank all the jim carter barry soetoro kool juice, he must be thinking of his days with rev jim jones and the lame duck followers we have come to know as - liberals.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

24 Users are viewing the Minneapolis Forum right now

Search the Minneapolis Forum:
Title Updated Last By Comments
Michele Bachmann 2016 first woman President ( Y... 13 min redeemer 24
Global cooling 'undeniable,' scientists say 1 hr Bellweather 53
Regular Citizen SAVES Government Workers life 1 hr Bellweather 1
Global warming 'undeniable,' scientists say (Jul '10) 1 hr Mothra 32,058
Vikings training camp 1 hr Professor Krasys 2
African History Excluding Egypt 2 hr Professor Krasys 1
Andi uses racial slur 2 hr cantmakeitup 3
•••
•••
•••
Minneapolis Dating

more search filters

less search filters

•••

Minneapolis Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••

Minneapolis People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

•••

Minneapolis News, Events & Info

Click for news, events and info in Minneapolis
•••

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]
•••