FBI: Raid of Minnesota home disrupted 'terror attack'

May 6, 2013 | Posted by: roboblogger | Full story: KPIC

The FBI believes "a terror attack was disrupted" when authorities arrested a man after they converged on a mobile home in western Minnesota that contained Molotov cocktails, suspected pipe bombs and firearms, the agency said Monday.

Comments
1 - 20 of 38 Comments Last updated May 8, 2013
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

“The one and only Smart Liberal”

Since: Aug 12

Former MN Tax Payer

#1 May 6, 2013
The first indication that this is an over blown attempt by the Obama Administration to find a white terrorist is the fact that this dork is named Buford. Buford? Really?

The next indication is that his target is in that vitally important hub of sensative political activities called Montevideo.

What we have is probably some strange kid that likes to blow up gopher holes like Carl Spackler said when he was preparing to dynamite the gopher tunnel:

In the immortal words of Jean Paul Sartre,'Au revoir, gopher'.

Since: Sep 11

Rogers, MN

#2 May 6, 2013
Smart Liberal wrote:
The first indication that this is an over blown attempt by the Obama Administration to find a white terrorist is the fact that this dork is named Buford. Buford? Really?
The next indication is that his target is in that vitally important hub of sensative political activities called Montevideo.
What we have is probably some strange kid that likes to blow up gopher holes like Carl Spackler said when he was preparing to dynamite the gopher tunnel:
In the immortal words of Jean Paul Sartre,'Au revoir, gopher'.
Or possibly Buford who was probably known to say something like:
"Here, hold my beer. I'm going to try something."
Bushwhacker

Seattle, WA

#3 May 6, 2013
Guess, when you're a gun nut, laws and dangerous bombs are a joke, until you can blame the authorities AFTER THE FACT ???

"....contained Molotov cocktails, suspected pipe bombs and firearms, the agency said Monday."

Since: Sep 11

Rogers, MN

#4 May 6, 2013
"The FBI believed there was a terror attack in its planning stages, and we believe there would have been a localized terror attack, and that's why law enforcement moved quickly to execute the search warrant on Friday to arrest Mr. Rogers,"

I always knew there was something a little "off" about Mr. Rogers.

A "felon in possession of a firearm" is a far cry from a "localized terror attach". Really? That all they got on him is illegal possession of a firearm?

And why so little fanfare in the local press? Nothing on the Strib web site and a small entry about half way down on the PP website.

There is more to this than has been reported so far.
Bushwhacker

Seattle, WA

#6 May 6, 2013
Of course... criminals need weaponry, if you're a dumb teabagger.

“I Want To Be Evil”

Since: Feb 13

I Wanna Be Bad

#7 May 7, 2013
Bushwhacker wrote:
Guess, when you're a gun nut, laws and dangerous bombs are a joke, until you can blame the authorities AFTER THE FACT ???
"....contained Molotov cocktails, suspected pipe bombs and firearms, the agency said Monday."
Guess when you are a cowardly sissy, you are afraid of anti- government types with "suspected" dangerous weapons, and guns legally registered to the dad. Then AFTER THE FACT, the son is accused of firing one of the guns while being a felon. Who'd a thought?????
Consistent

Grantsburg, WI

#8 May 7, 2013
Miss Piggy Chops wrote:
<quoted text>Guess when you are a cowardly sissy, you are afraid of anti- government types with "suspected" dangerous weapons, and guns legally registered to the dad. Then AFTER THE FACT, the son is accused of firing one of the guns while being a felon. Who'd a thought?????
In the Peoples Republic of Minnesoatastan, there are 46 "Crimes" which trigger a lifetime removal of 2nd Amendment Rights..... FOR LIFE!

Think about this, a "Crime" that is completely unrelated to the use of ANY Weapon, will permanently take away 10,000's of American Citizens CONSTITUTIONAL RIGHTS, just in Minnesotastan alone.!

This is where the "Right", and those few remaining Demokrats that truly are Liberal are missing it. There is no automatic review by something akin to a Parole Board for citizens to go and have their CONSTITUTIONAL RIGHTS restored. The Nanny State declared by edict that "We must be tough on Crime", and all the Sheeple just Bahaayahhaayha!

Yes, Nanny Napolotino is using our Grandchildren's money to buy up all the Ammunition she can, to make Guns useless, but the real War on the 2nd Amendement is being waged by the Nanny's at the State Level.

This Iddioot in Montivideo got his Lifetime Ban of his CONSTITUTIONAL RIGHTS because of a "Burglary". I do not know, but it can be assumed that he "Burgled", and not "Arm Robbed".

It takes a real stretch of Logic, and a total denial of Common Sense to believe that his "Burgle" made him the dangerous type person that needs to have his CONSTITUTIONAL RIGHTS removed to "protect" Society from him.

He can never Hunt, Protect his Home, defend his life with a gun EVER again because he was a stupid kid that made a bad choice.

He "Paid for his crime" through the Courts, removing his CONSTITUTIONAL RIGHTS for life is "Gun Control by other means".

By the Way "Folks of Minnesotastan", a 2nd DWI will remove your CONSTITUTIONAL RIGHTS for life in Minnesotastan.

The State keeps adding more and more "Offenses" that remove CONSTITUTIONAL RIGHTS, and NOBODY at the State Houses will ever vote against the Laws passage........"We gots to be tough on CRIME ya no, then there yup, yup, yup"
redeemer

Saint Paul, MN

#9 May 7, 2013
Smart Liberal wrote:
The first indication that this is an over blown attempt by the Obama Administration to find a white terrorist is the fact that this dork is named Buford. Buford? Really?
The next indication is that his target is in that vitally important hub of sensative political activities called Montevideo.
What we have is probably some strange kid that likes to blow up gopher holes like Carl Spackler said when he was preparing to dynamite the gopher tunnel:
In the immortal words of Jean Paul Sartre,'Au revoir, gopher'.
So now you have to lie and blame Obama for your trailer park trash cousins,I'm really surprise that you didn't blame it on Islam.
Your cousin was about to kill innocent white folks and the Obama
FBI under Atty.General Holder disrupted the terror attack,so you lose again bahahaha
Bushwhwacker

Seattle, WA

#10 May 7, 2013
There sure are a lot of bitter Mittiots here today. Oh, it's multiple moniker con da drunk ? Who cares...
CRASSUS

Green Bay, WI

#11 May 7, 2013
cantmakeitup wrote:
<quoted text>
Or possibly Buford who was probably known to say something like:
"Here, hold my beer. I'm going to try something."
he once shot a neighbors house with a bottle rocket.
redeemer

Saint Paul, MN

#12 May 7, 2013
cantmakeitup wrote:
<quoted text>
Or possibly Buford who was probably known to say something like:
"Here, hold my beer. I'm going to try something."
That's funny hahaha!
redeemer

Saint Paul, MN

#14 May 7, 2013
Smart Liberal wrote:
The first indication that this is an over blown attempt by the Obama Administration to find a white terrorist is the fact that this dork is named Buford. Buford? Really?
The next indication is that his target is in that vitally important hub of sensative political activities called Montevideo.
What we have is probably some strange kid that likes to blow up gopher holes like Carl Spackler said when he was preparing to dynamite the gopher tunnel:
In the immortal words of Jean Paul Sartre,'Au revoir, gopher'.
In the immortal words of W.C. Fields:If at first you don't succeed try,try again.the quit there's no point in being a Damn Fool about it."
redeemer

Saint Paul, MN

#15 May 7, 2013
Consistent wrote:
<quoted text>
In the Peoples Republic of Minnesoatastan, there are 46 "Crimes" which trigger a lifetime removal of 2nd Amendment Rights..... FOR LIFE!
Think about this, a "Crime" that is completely unrelated to the use of ANY Weapon, will permanently take away 10,000's of American Citizens CONSTITUTIONAL RIGHTS, just in Minnesotastan alone.!
This is where the "Right", and those few remaining Demokrats that truly are Liberal are missing it. There is no automatic review by something akin to a Parole Board for citizens to go and have their CONSTITUTIONAL RIGHTS restored. The Nanny State declared by edict that "We must be tough on Crime", and all the Sheeple just Bahaayahhaayha!
Yes, Nanny Napolotino is using our Grandchildren's money to buy up all the Ammunition she can, to make Guns useless, but the real War on the 2nd Amendement is being waged by the Nanny's at the State Level.
This Iddioot in Montivideo got his Lifetime Ban of his CONSTITUTIONAL RIGHTS because of a "Burglary". I do not know, but it can be assumed that he "Burgled", and not "Arm Robbed".
It takes a real stretch of Logic, and a total denial of Common Sense to believe that his "Burgle" made him the dangerous type person that needs to have his CONSTITUTIONAL RIGHTS removed to "protect" Society from him.
He can never Hunt, Protect his Home, defend his life with a gun EVER again because he was a stupid kid that made a bad choice.
He "Paid for his crime" through the Courts, removing his CONSTITUTIONAL RIGHTS for life is "Gun Control by other means".
By the Way "Folks of Minnesotastan", a 2nd DWI will remove your CONSTITUTIONAL RIGHTS for life in Minnesotastan.
The State keeps adding more and more "Offenses" that remove CONSTITUTIONAL RIGHTS, and NOBODY at the State Houses will ever vote against the Laws passage........"We gots to be tough on CRIME ya no, then there yup, yup, yup"
Set up another case bartender!the best for a case of nerves is a case of scotch.....W.C. Fields
Consistent

Grantsburg, WI

#16 May 7, 2013
redeemer wrote:
<quoted text>So now you have to lie and blame Obama for your trailer park trash cousins,I'm really surprise that you didn't blame it on Islam.
Your cousin was about to kill innocent white folks and the Obama
FBI under Atty.General Holder disrupted the terror attack,so you lose again bahahaha
Racist Bigot,

Please enlighten us.

Is " trailer park trash cousins" your Racist Put Down using Stereotypes to dis-empower White People that are "Working Poor"?

We know it is Racist, and we the people are sick and tired of you Black Racists using your hate against those that work and pay taxes to ssutain you Folk on the Demokrat Plantations in the Urban Cesspools.

By the way, these " trailer park trash cousins" do not slaughter each other every day as the Plantation Residents do on the Demokrat Plantations!
Bushwhwacker

Seattle, WA

#17 May 7, 2013
Imaging Trashy, speaking in support of an idiot ?? Kindred spirits ??

Montevideo, Minnesota, resident Buford Rogers, 24, has been arrested in connection with a plan to execute a terror attack on local residents. A recent search of his mobile home park residence by FBI agents turned up Molotov cocktails, suspected pipe bombs, and unspecified firearms, according to a report. The FBI said in a release that Rogers was collecting weapons in preparation for an attack.

RELATED: CNN National Security Analyst Warns Of ‘Right-Wing Extremists’ Behind Boston Bombings

The “lives of several local residents were potentially saved,” according to the FBI release.

“The information which we had led us to believe that a terror attack was planned,” said FBI chief division counsel in Minneapolis, Kyle Loven.“But with respect to this terror plot, we no longer believe the public is in danger.”

Rogers has been charged with felony possession of a firearm. He has a prior felony conviction for burglary and is not legally allowed to own a gun.
BlackSnake Militia

Saint Paul, MN

#18 May 7, 2013
Some of our BSM Trailer Trash have a tendency to go a little overboard once in awhile, especially after a long winter in the trailer.
P C Free Zone

Saint Paul, MN

#19 May 7, 2013
BlackSnake Militia wrote:
Some of our BSM "Trailer Trash?" have a tendency to go a little overboard once in awhile, especially after a long winter in the trailer.
WRONG! If some bleeding hearts in Boston can raise money to send the body of a dead terrorist to Russia, rather than incinerate him, I'm all for raising money for the Black Snake Militia Patriots' defense fund! LOL
Bushwhacker

Seattle, WA

#20 May 7, 2013
Imagine Trashy, speaking in support of an idiot ?? Kindred spirits ??

Montevideo, Minnesota, resident Buford Rogers, 24, has been arrested in connection with a plan to execute a terror attack on local residents. A recent search of his mobile home park residence by FBI agents turned up Molotov cocktails, suspected pipe bombs, and unspecified firearms, according to a report. The FBI said in a release that Rogers was collecting weapons in preparation for an attack.

RELATED: CNN National Security Analyst Warns Of ‘Right-Wing Extremists’ Behind Boston Bombings

The “lives of several local residents were potentially saved,” according to the FBI release.

“The information which we had led us to believe that a terror attack was planned,” said FBI chief division counsel in Minneapolis, Kyle Loven.“But with respect to this terror plot, we no longer believe the public is in danger.”

Rogers has been charged with felony possession of a firearm. He has a prior felony conviction for burglary and is not legally allowed to own a gun.
Consistent

Grantsburg, WI

#21 May 7, 2013
Bushwhacker wrote:
Imagine Trashy, speaking in support of an idiot ?? Kindred spirits ??
Montevideo, Minnesota, resident Buford Rogers, 24, has been arrested in connection with a plan to execute a terror attack on local residents. A recent search of his mobile home park residence by FBI agents turned up Molotov cocktails, suspected pipe bombs, and unspecified firearms, according to a report. The FBI said in a release that Rogers was collecting weapons in preparation for an attack.
RELATED: CNN National Security Analyst Warns Of ‘Right-Wing Extremists’ Behind Boston Bombings
The “lives of several local residents were potentially saved,” according to the FBI release.
“The information which we had led us to believe that a terror attack was planned,” said FBI chief division counsel in Minneapolis, Kyle Loven.“But with respect to this terror plot, we no longer believe the public is in danger.”
Rogers has been charged with felony possession of a firearm. He has a prior felony conviction for burglary and is not legally allowed to own a gun.
Thanks for the Re-posted Re-post.

Nobody noticed your Iddiocy the 1st Three Times you repeatedly re-posted it.

“The one and only Smart Liberal”

Since: Aug 12

Former MN Tax Payer

#22 May 7, 2013
redeemer wrote:
<quoted text>So now you have to lie and blame Obama for your trailer park trash cousins,I'm really surprise that you didn't blame it on Islam.
Your cousin was about to kill innocent white folks and the Obama
FBI under Atty.General Holder disrupted the terror attack,so you lose again bahahaha
Gotta get a white terrorist to offset the Muslim ones that the Obama Administration ignored warnings about.

As simple as that.

Buford? The guy should be in jail for just for that name.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Minneapolis Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Drop one word....add one word game 1 hr Silly times 83
Abbott Northwestern Hospital any good? 7 hr Abdual The Exterm... 13
Minneapolis: A Hotbed For Radical Islam 7 hr Abdual The Exterm... 38
Minnesota’s Martyrs: The Path to Paradise 8 hr Capt Crunch 4
Cambridge Mace's Lane Middle School Teacher on ... 8 hr Capt Crunch 10
Global warming 'undeniable,' scientists say (Jul '10) 8 hr SpaceBlues 32,447
Dem senator claims male colleague told her: Don... 8 hr Think about it 5
•••
•••
•••

Minneapolis Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••

Minneapolis People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

•••

Minneapolis News, Events & Info

Click for news, events and info in Minneapolis
•••

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]
•••