Grown Man with AIR gun arrested!

Grown Man with AIR gun arrested!

Posted in the Minneapolis Forum

1776 Defender

Ankeny, IA

#1 Apr 16, 2013
Carroll University lockdown lifted, police confiscate non-lethal air gun from suspect
CBS/WDJT/AP) WAUKESHA, Wis.- Waukesha police say they confiscated an air gun from a man they arrested following a lockdown Tuesday morning at Carroll University in southeastern Wisconsin.

The lockdown has been lifted.

Police Capt. Ron Oremus says investigators learned the man's identity and contacted him at his nearby apartment where he was arrested. Oremus says a non-lethal air gun was confiscated from the man's residence.

Oremus says that in today's climate police have to take reports like today's seriously. He says police are looking into whether the man did anything illegal, given the gun was non-lethal.

Carroll University sent a text alert to students Tuesday morning after the public safety office received a report of a man with a gun. Several public schools near the university had also been placed on lockdown by the Waukesha School District, CBS affiliate WDJT reports.

University public relations director Claire Beglinger told WITI-TV that two students called public safety officers to report a man with a "long gun" near the tennis courts on the northwest corner of the campus in Waukesha.

Carroll has about 3,500 students and is located about 30 miles west of Milwaukee.

http://www.cbsnews.com/8301-504083_162-575798...
Bushwhacker

Seattle, WA

#2 Apr 16, 2013
If guns weren't so rampant, folks wouldn't have anything to fear...Pretty sad, you create the problem, then complain about any response.
Bushwhacker

Seattle, WA

#3 Apr 16, 2013
"Although possession of Airsoft guns is legal nearly everywhere in Wisconsin, the Gun-Free School Zone Act (Wisconsin Statute S. 948.605) prohibits possession of air guns, including Airsoft guns on school grounds or within 1,000 feet of a school. Breaking this law is a Class I felony. Private property that falls within the 1,000-foot radius of schools has an exception from this law, as are weapons stored and locked for transportation."
Bushwhacker

Seattle, WA

#4 Apr 16, 2013
Probably illegal, to yell fire in a crowded theater, FOR THE SAME REASON !!!
1776 Defender

Ankeny, IA

#5 Apr 16, 2013
Bushwhacker wrote:
"Although possession of Airsoft guns is legal nearly everywhere in Wisconsin, the Gun-Free School Zone Act (Wisconsin Statute S. 948.605) prohibits possession of air guns, including Airsoft guns on school grounds or within 1,000 feet of a school. Breaking this law is a Class I felony. Private property that falls within the 1,000-foot radius of schools has an exception from this law, as are weapons stored and locked for transportation."
Fing Liar

"School" means a public school, parochial or private school, or tribal school, as defined in s. 115.001 (15m), which provides an educational program for one or more grades between grades 1 and 12 and which is commonly known as an elementary school, middle school, junior high school, senior high school, or high school.
http://docs.legis.wisconsin.gov/statutes/stat...

---So you know not a UNIVERSITY!!!
1776 Defender

Ankeny, IA

#6 Apr 16, 2013
Bushwhacker wrote:
If guns weren't so rampant, folks wouldn't have anything to fear...Pretty sad, you create the problem, then complain about any response.
I wont give up my guns because the voices in your head are afraid
Bushwhacker

Seattle, WA

#8 Apr 16, 2013

Mitthead.....
1776 Defender

Ankeny, IA

#9 Apr 17, 2013
Bushwhacker wrote:
"I like to continue my lies and use my law degree from the magic dojo as proof that im right!
Fing Liar
"School" means a public school, parochial or private school, or tribal school, as defined in s. 115.001 (15m), which provides an educational program for one or more grades between grades 1 and 12 and which is commonly known as an elementary school, middle school, junior high school, senior high school, or high school.
http://docs.legis.wisconsin.gov/statutes/stat ...
---So you know not a UNIVERSITY!!!
Bushwhacker

Seattle, WA

#10 Apr 17, 2013
Although possession of Airsoft guns is legal nearly everywhere in Wisconsin, the Gun-Free School Zone Act (Wisconsin Statute S. 948.605) prohibits possession of air guns, including Airsoft guns on school grounds or within 1,000 feet of a school. Breaking this law is a Class I felony. Private property that falls within the 1,000-foot radius of schools has an exception from this law, as are weapons stored and locked for transportation."

Mitthead.....

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Minneapolis Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Al Frankin remains the actual sexiest man alive 28 min The Lumber Jack 35
Why is Minnesota so liberal 33 min Minnesota miserable 5
News Al Franken's record, sized up (Oct '14) 37 min The Lumber Jack 72
Will This Finish Off The NFL? 2 hr Minnesota miserable 12
Will Franken be reelected? 3 hr The Lumber Jack 3
QB Jameis Winson accused of groping Uber driver Sat Space ace 4
Dimocraps still crying Russia Fri cadescove99 10

Minneapolis Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance