Iran to release 1 of 3 jailed Americans

Iran to release 1 of 3 jailed Americans

There are 27 comments on the TwinCities.com story from Sep 9, 2010, titled Iran to release 1 of 3 jailed Americans. In it, TwinCities.com reports that:

Iran announced today that one of the three Americans jailed for more than a year will be released Saturday to mark the end of Islamic holy month of Ramadan.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at TwinCities.com.

First Prev
of 2
Next Last
so what

Saint Paul, MN

#1 Sep 9, 2010
Whichever of the silly moonbats flits home will probably end up blaming the US for the imprisonment. Iran should keep all of them.
Steve S

West Hartford, CT

#2 Sep 9, 2010
Trouble makers.
Ted

Saint Paul, MN

#4 Sep 9, 2010
Why do we have to keep hearing about these incredibly stupid people?
Bounty Hunter

Cottage Grove, MN

#5 Sep 9, 2010
I like to think of it this way, they have WASTED a year of their lives, lol.
techie51

Minneapolis, MN

#6 Sep 9, 2010
Damn, I thought we heard the last of these idiots. The girl can take off her costume.
Bob

Hastings, MN

#7 Sep 9, 2010
Iran can keep them all we don't need America haters here in our country.

It sounds like the girl has both boob and snapper problems so she is probably of no use to the Iranians anymore.
thissucks

Burnsville, MN

#8 Sep 9, 2010
I wonder how much these 3 spoiled brats have cost taxpayers so far? Why can't people understand it when the State Department reccommends "NO TRAVEL" to a country there's a reason for it. We shouldn't have to pay one red cent for the release of anyone that intentionally puts themselves in harms way by disregarding State Department advisories. Let 'em rot.
AreYouCrazy

Saint Paul, MN

#9 Sep 9, 2010
Has anyone here actually read the story? Why are they being called "America haters"? Tehran is holding them on the grounds that they are American spies. Whether or not they are remains to be seen, but that's hardly an anti-American occupation.

Also, the female is required to wear a headscarf - she is a prisoner in Iran, for crying out loud! It's not a "costume" that she can simply choose not to wear without serious consequence. They may have made some ill-advised choices, but can we please keep the commentary based in reality?
Ted

Saint Paul, MN

#10 Sep 9, 2010
Shane Bauer looks like a mental hospital patient.
once upon a timeline

Stoney Creek, Canada

#11 Sep 9, 2010
Iran has learned well from North Korea. Nukes are a great defense mechanism.
God Bless The USA

Saint Paul, MN

#12 Sep 9, 2010
AreYouCrazy wrote:
Has anyone here actually read the story? Why are they being called "America haters"? Tehran is holding them on the grounds that they are American spies. Whether or not they are remains to be seen, but that's hardly an anti-American occupation.
Also, the female is required to wear a headscarf - she is a prisoner in Iran, for crying out loud! It's not a "costume" that she can simply choose not to wear without serious consequence. They may have made some ill-advised choices, but can we please keep the commentary based in reality?
There is seriously something wrong with some of the posters on this site. They are ignorant and uninformed, making critical judgments of things they no nothing about. These three people (one form here in MN) crossed the border into Iran ACCIDENTALLY! They did not know they were crossing into Iran as it wasn't an area that was marked or patrolled by the Iranians. They were then arrested, charged and held as American spies by the Iranians for over a year, yet they have NO PROOF of this claim. It has been another bogus attempt by the Iranians to further their anti-American agenda and propaganda. Nothing more. For anyone here making stupid comments, KNOW what the hell you are talking about BEFORE posting, for God's sake. You sound like idiots otherwise!
WHAT

United States

#13 Sep 9, 2010
You can only bend a woman over so many times before she brakes.
Kevin

Saint Paul, MN

#14 Sep 9, 2010
They should try hiking off a cliff next time...it's probably more safe...
unreal

Saint Paul, MN

#15 Sep 9, 2010
Let's not go hiking there, ok.
unreal

Saint Paul, MN

#16 Sep 9, 2010
Ted wrote:
Shane Bauer looks like a mental hospital patient.
All three looks like that.
Consevative Witch Hunt

Minneapolis, MN

#17 Sep 9, 2010
AreYouCrazy wrote:
The conservative posters on this site never let actual "Facts" in in the way of their idiotic beliefs. Next thing you know they will be demanding that these three be stoned because they must be liberals. A bunch of dummies that can understand no more than what Sarah Palen and Rush tell them to think.
YAY

Saint Paul, MN

#18 Sep 9, 2010
That is awesome news
hmmm

Saint Paul, MN

#19 Sep 9, 2010
I think I'll just ignore people's ignorant and mean comments and celebrate the great news. I can't imagine how happy her family must be.
Patriot

AOL

#20 Sep 9, 2010
I am still at a loss as to why they chose that area to hike in. If they have not figured it out, Iran is an area of the world that Americans are not welcome in. Thank God the DMZ between North and South Korea is heavily guarded, they might pick that as the next vacation spot.
J ButtaFooKo

Cottage Grove, MN

#21 Sep 9, 2010
Say aah, could ya bring back a Quran for me, mine got burnt in a fire.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Minneapolis Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Global warming 'undeniable,' scientists say (Jul '10) 1 hr RiccardoFire 40,019
News Woman's head stepped on by Rand Paul supporters (Oct '10) 2 hr now 26,961
Royal family sucks 3 hr silly rabbit 23
Brown skinners at walgreens 5 hr MAGA 10
NFL owners are 'f-----g terrified' of Trump 6 hr MAGA 11
John mccain butt worms 6 hr MAGAfiggypops 5
Morgan freeman molests 8 women 6 hr MAGA 10

Minneapolis Jobs

Personal Finance

Minneapolis Mortgages