North St. Paul pins hopes on building fiber optic network as bo...

North St. Paul leaders are dreaming of a time when every home in the Ramsey County suburb is wired for a high-tech future. Full Story
Bobby

Saint Paul, MN

#1774 Jan 3, 2013
Amused Slew wrote:
Guilty "conscience" ???
Now that's funny.
non-starter

Saint Paul, MN

#1775 Jan 3, 2013
Bobby wrote:
<quoted text>
Now that's funny.
Responding to your own posts again Slewsie?
Amused Slew

Seattle, WA

#1776 Jan 3, 2013
I like it when you display dishonesty, again and again... Poor trolls, you can't help being such a POS moron, right ???
Bobby

Saint Paul, MN

#1777 Jan 3, 2013
non-starter wrote:
<quoted text>Responding to your own posts again Slewsie?
Nope.
non-starter

Saint Paul, MN

#1778 Jan 3, 2013
Bobby wrote:
<quoted text>
Nope.
My apologies then, it seems to me that only Slew would have thought that comment to be the least bit humorous.
Amused Slew

Seattle, WA

#1779 Jan 3, 2013
I own IT'S tiny head, got a recipe for "head cheese" ??? LMAOROTGFU~!
Martha

Minneapolis, MN

#1780 Jan 18, 2013
saw police cars at north high yesterday and was wonder what went down

the news this morning covered the story

there was a riot at north high and 17 students were arrested and there may be more arrests

some students were hospitalized in the riot

wow this makes the poor security at north even more critical i watch students walk from the new school to the old school outside

if a student wants to get even for a beating all he/she needs to do is drive a vehicle into the crowd of students walking along castle/11th ave

622 is a bomb waiting to go off
Martha

Minneapolis, MN

#1781 Jan 19, 2013
police were at the school again

a fight over there
Lawton

Minneapolis, MN

#1782 Jan 19, 2013
Those damned students in aging inner tier suburbs like North St. Paul are to blame.

Who in their right mind would live in North St. Paul!
Martha

Minneapolis, MN

#1783 Feb 2, 2013
two cop cars are over there these days

must be continued friction

guess armed guards work, thanks nra for the advice
Martha

Saint Paul, MN

#1784 Feb 10, 2013
a 622 jr high had a nasty incident where minorities, black and mexicans, chased a science teacher from a classroom

622 has issues
PB in Saint Paul

Saint Paul, MN

#1785 Feb 10, 2013
If there's a need for it, let the private sector build it, maintain it, and sell the service. Govt at every level long ago proved beyond the shadow of a doubt that when they get into "building" something for the people, it costs more, is less efficient, and still loses money, leaving the taxpayer on the hook again.
Clint

Saint Paul, MN

#1786 Feb 10, 2013
PB in Saint Paul wrote:
If there's a need for it, let the private sector build it, maintain it, and sell the service. Govt at every level long ago proved beyond the shadow of a doubt that when they get into "building" something for the people, it costs more, is less efficient, and still loses money, leaving the taxpayer on the hook again.
That's North Saint Paul all over.

http://minneapolis.craigslist.org/ram/bfs/355...

http://minneapolis.craigslist.org/ram/bfs/359...
Ralph

Saint Paul, MN

#1787 Mar 1, 2013
North Saint Paul will be very happy when the LGA welfare once again begins to flow to the tune of $80,000,000.

Life is good on the Government plantation.
Schmahl Spew

Saint Paul, MN

#1788 Mar 1, 2013
Damned decaying inner tier suburbs like North St. Paul.... We should just merge NSP into St. Paul proper. Same people, same problems.
Ralph

Saint Paul, MN

#1789 Mar 1, 2013
Iowan

West Des Moines, IA

#1790 Mar 1, 2013
Clint wrote:
Reading about the capability to allow a sick student to view a class from home I wondered if an existing school in the area serviced by Hiawatha Broadband might be using that type of functionality.
I contacted a school district in SE Minnesota in an area serviced by Hiawatha and they do NOT use that type of function in their district. If that idea was a wonderfull idea they would be using it. In order to sell fiber to North Saint Paul residents the sick student function sounds neat. However if it was a "killer" function it would already be used in the area already serviced by Hiawatha Broadband, don't you think?
I suppose if students could take a class from home and learn the subject matter then why not reduce the number of teachers and give all classes using PolarNet, that is what Pawlenty is proposing for post HS institutions. Also think about the savings in transportation costs if students didn't need to go to school not to mention the money that could be saved in bricks and mortar principals, janitors, etc etc. Do you suppose the teachers union would go for that?
The SE district also said in order to get TV down there they MUST use cable or a dish. A TV with rabbit ears does NOT work like they do in the metro.
So there is a demand for cable TV (coax or fiber or other wire) in that area which provides for a larger user base, something NOT present in North Saint Paul.
Broadband is better suited for areas where rabbit ear TV isn't available. North Saint Paul isn't in that catagory!
Voteing NO!
==========
Ralph used to go by the name Clint
Ralph

Saint Paul, MN

#1791 Mar 1, 2013
Iowan wrote:
<quoted text>
Ralph used to go by the name Clint
Oh sheet!!!

BFD

Tell somebody who gives a sheet..
Iowan

West Des Moines, IA

#1792 Mar 1, 2013
Ralph wrote:
<quoted text>
Oh sheet!!!
BFD
Tell somebody who gives a sheet..
It's called investigative journalism. Now are you too cowardly to stand by the postings you made as clint?
Ralph

Saint Paul, MN

#1793 Mar 1, 2013
Iowan wrote:
<quoted text>
It's called investigative journalism. Now are you too cowardly to stand by the postings you made as clint?
It's called ignorance.

There are only 3 different people who post krap out here.

One liberal, one conservative and one crazy from seattle.

Deal with it...

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Minneapolis Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Global warming 'undeniable,' scientists say (Jul '10) 1 hr kal 33,461
GRUBER gate 2 hr Sunshine 11
Mall of America Protest 3 hr Sunshine 2
Muslims are a threat 16 hr Sheriff Joe 19
Minneapolis schools superintendent FIRED Wed Sunshine 8
Veteran Freed From MSP VA Dental Dept Phone Abu... Wed American_Sons 10
Man Shoots Self After Leading Mankato Police On... Wed DILF 49
Minneapolis Dating
Find my Match
More from around the web