North St. Paul pins hopes on building fiber optic network as bo...

Full story: TwinCities.com

North St. Paul leaders are dreaming of a time when every home in the Ramsey County suburb is wired for a high-tech future.
Comments
1,661 - 1,680 of 1,754 Comments Last updated Thursday Jul 17
U R A JACK AS

Minneapolis, MN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 11, 2012

Bob Schmahl wrote:
<quoted text>
Then why don't you pick up the phone and call the city? They will likely tell you that there isn't much they can do, but I have it on reliable authority that if you talk to Wally nicely, he'll call the NSP school garbage collector for you and see if they'll pick up later.
See how that works? Then you could quit whining.
Wysopal can go blank himself with a rusted ice auger. He won't be City Manager much longer. I hope to god he gets hit by one of MUTT FACE MAYOR Kuehn's MTC buses. Irony? YEHA LMAOROFPOHP-yahuhbeach!!!
Bob Schmahl

Minneapolis, MN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 12, 2012

Judged:

Martha wrote:
those infortunte north high students having to walk outside between classes
yes from class to class they have to walk a block outside year around
can you imagine the increased risk of illness, security, opportunity to skip out, drug usage, alcohol usage, accident by motor vehicle being hit as they walk along the street, opportunity for a student to be attacked, and so on and so forth
chuck wiger designed the new high school and really screwed it up
What really stinks is that North High still accpets students through open enrollment. Those students coming from other districts cause the need for additional classrooms and forceing the usage of the old HS building and the need for students to walk outside between classes.

Why is North accepting open enrollment students when they don't fit in the new school?

Misguided.

If I had a 622 student I'd want them to stay indoors when the wind chill is -20..
Bob

Saint Paul, MN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 12, 2012

Schools get funding through enrollment. More students, more funding.
Amused Slew

Seattle, WA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 12, 2012

Judged:

What really stinks is...

accpets, forceing

Martha

Minneapolis, MN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 15, 2012

Judged:

students at north are forced to walk a block outside year around between classes

a nsp cop babysits the students in the new building but while walking from building to building between classes there is no protetion for the students

also the old building has no protection

isd 622 is sadly lacking in protection for the students at north

think about it if a crazy wanted to hurt a bunch of north students all they would need to do is hit them with a motor vehicle between classes

oh but that will never happen at north
Amused Slew

Seattle, WA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 15, 2012

Judged:

What really stinks is...

accpets, forceing
Martha

Minneapolis, MN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 15, 2012

Judged:

Amused Slew wrote:
What really stinks is...
accpets, forceing
sonny you make a fine spell checker

but computers do that now for free

mind your own bussiness
Schmahlsville

Saint Paul, MN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 15, 2012

I hate it when people interrupt my conversation with myself.
Amused SleW

Minneapolis, MN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 15, 2012

Judged:

Martha wrote:
students at north are forced to walk a block outside year around between classes
a nsp cop babysits the students in the new building but while walking from building to building between classes there is no protetion for the students
also the old building has no protection
isd 622 is sadly lacking in protection for the students at north
think about it if a crazy wanted to hurt a bunch of north students all they would need to do is hit them with a motor vehicle between classes
oh but that will never happen at north
There has never been a voilent act at North High and there never will be.
Helen

Minneapolis, MN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 18, 2012

Judged:

Did YOU see my Chuck Wiger on TV? I've known Chuck for well over 50 years. He's my sweethart.

You know what Senator Wiger said, he said the new Legislature will be redistributing the wealth of the rich suburbs to North Saint Paul. This is wonderful news. ISD 622 needs MORE MONEY!!

I just hope they also start providing LGA again so the wonderful North Saint Paul Community Center can re-open.

The Community Center was the only place where I could hang out and feel a part of North Saint Paul.

Bring it back PLEASE!

Rich people have no right to keep all their money for themselves. My President Obama has said.

Thank you for allowing me to mail these thoughts to the WORLD!!
Christine

Minneapolis, MN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 18, 2012

Judged:

Helen wrote:
Did YOU see my Chuck Wiger on TV? I've known Chuck for well over 50 years. He's my sweethart.
You know what Senator Wiger said, he said the new Legislature will be redistributing the wealth of the rich suburbs to North Saint Paul. This is wonderful news. ISD 622 needs MORE MONEY!!
I just hope they also start providing LGA again so the wonderful North Saint Paul Community Center can re-open.
The Community Center was the only place where I could hang out and feel a part of North Saint Paul.
Bring it back PLEASE!
Rich people have no right to keep all their money for themselves. My President Obama has said.
Thank you for allowing me to mail these thoughts to the WORLD!!
Well Helen you are out of luck. You see Chuck doesn't live in North Saint Paul any longer.

He is listed as a Senator from Maplewood Minnesota.

To bad so sad!!
Helen

Minneapolis, MN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 19, 2012

Christine wrote:
<quoted text>
Well Helen you are out of luck. You see Chuck doesn't live in North Saint Paul any longer.
He is listed as a Senator from Maplewood Minnesota.
To bad so sad!!
However Senator Wiger still supports ISD 622.

He WILL "bring home the bacon" for the school district. He was talking about that on TV. Chuck has always delivered for the kids.
Helen

Minneapolis, MN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 20, 2012

There is hope. Rumors have it the North Saint Paul Community Center will remain open for 3 more months.

That time will allow the NEW spendthrift Legislature to enact LGA legislation to once again keep the Community Center open.

Once again the cash will flow from rich suburbs like Fridleyto poor North Saint Paul.

Thanks to Minnesota voters, the free stuff will again flow to the needy.

The Community Center will be open forever, I love it because there's never anyone in the place and I have it all to myself and it's free.
Turk

Minneapolis, MN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 20, 2012

Great, keep the community center open and wasting monry.

It should be named the White Elephant community center because it's a complete failure and waste of taxdollars.

Think about it:

If it were on the tax rolls the center would produce taxes.

If it were not a government fitness center it wouldn't take tax dollars to staff it.

If it were a private fitness center it would employee staff who would pay taxes.

If all the useless government activities were eliminated in nsp the number of staff to manage same would be reduced/eliminated.

With nsp being mismanaged as it is the quality of life suffers greatly as the cost of living skyrockets. The kids beach can't be kept open for christs sake, Merry Christmas.
Helen

Minneapolis, MN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 21, 2012

I'm happy I live in a progressive community like NSP, and I like our community center.
Clint

Minneapolis, MN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 23, 2012

So what's with keeping the Community Center open?

Even the city admitted only 2% of residents use it.

They first made a BIG DEAL over getting into a Joint Powers Agreement with Maplewood. This deal was going to open up the Center to throngs of Maplewood residents eager to exercise in the Center, didn't happen.

Then the city comes up with another brainstorm, if that's possible without a brain, and attempted to hoodwink the school district into leasing it. Well that great idea fell on its nose.

NOW the city is going to keep ip open for 3 more months to keep the window of opportunity open to find another party interested in it.

Face it Walleye, it's a WHITE ELEPHANT!! It has lost money from day one and has lost money ever since. It was constructed with LGA which is supposted to be used for TAX REDUCTION!! Instead of reducing taxes the Community Center has RAISED TAXES to keep the WHITE ELEPHANT open!!

Suggestion: SELL IT!!

Auction it off to the highest bidder even if the bid is a buck!

Get it off the taxpayers back AND get it on the tax rolls.

There is way to much property in NSP owned by the city. Sell it all, the city IS NOT a developer!!

Walleye, some people have a golden touch unfortunatly you arn't one of those. You are a liability to NSP and should find a different job.
Helen

Minneapolis, MN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 23, 2012

Judged:

Heavens no! We need our community center!

We should take all the homes on Chisholm and cede them to the City of St. Paul instead, where those ratty houses will fit in better.
Martha

Minneapolis, MN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 29, 2012

tif causes taxes to go up for existing taxpayers

nsp is a failed town

no consideraion for taxpayers

thats why nsp has the highest taxes in minnesota

we need lga to compensate for nsp mismanagment
Martha

Minneapolis, MN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 3, 2013

2 am today the north high parking lot was cleaned up with those loud steam shovels

doesnt that noise violate some city noise law at 2 am

sure cant sleep
Amused Slew

Seattle, WA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 3, 2013

Judged:

Guilty "conscience" ???

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

•••
•••
•••
Minneapolis Dating

more search filters

less search filters

•••

Minneapolis Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••